[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Its Side sensitive, so you need to have a Pipe on its other End aswell as that Pipe being at the proper side (if Pipe is ontop then the Pipe on the other Portal must be on bottom, etc). Not to mention that the thing connects like a vanilla Nether Portal with the x8 Rule and stuff.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Does the turbine not output distilled water? It's tooltip doesn't specify.

Also, base just blew up FNAR. Crusher, turbine connected to 3 boilers. 96 steam/tick. No idea why it blew. Didn't hardly have a chance to respond. Very, very sad.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Does the turbine not output distilled water? It's tooltip doesn't specify.

Tooltip will be added. ^^

Also, base just blew up FNAR. Crusher, turbine connected to 3 boilers. 96 steam/tick. No idea why it blew. Didn't hardly have a chance to respond. Very, very sad.

Did you use a way too large pipe to transfer the Steam? The buffered Steam inside the Pipe has to go somewhere. Also you had at least 5 seconds before it explodes, due to the safeguard I made for cases of "initial overload caused by slight buffering". You need to be VEEEERY careful with Steam and look at all the values. Make sure that you use the highest possible Tier of Turbine (that could handle the Steam amount), just in cases of that Stuff. Also try to just use one Boiler per Turbine, using 3 Boilers is not only inefficient but also more risky, not to mention that you would need 3 Burning Boxes, what makes this needlessly complicated.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• it POOFS very violently and is gone. That is if you have explosions enabled.

GregTech Website

• I recently started a new server with the newest versions of IC2-experimental and gregtech (among other mods), and I noticed the original IC2 generator/macerator recipes are back. I somehow recall them being "gregteched" in my previous server... do I have some sort of configuration problem?

If this is the way is now, is there any reason to build the steam machines instead of advancing directly to electric engines/motors/furnaces?

• There is a Config to disable IC2 Machines entirely, its not disabled per default yet.

GregTech Website

• Im just now touching Silicon Age for gregtech.. Any tips for me? Also, I swore I read that Industrial Blast Furnaces can smelt multiple things? Like Aluminum and Silicon? I thought it was doing that at first but I only see now thats its doing 1 at a time.. Is there anyway to speed it up? Will upgrading coils do that? What about power cost?

• There is a Config to disable IC2 Machines entirely, its not disabled per default yet.

Is that the ic2*_false settings found in the Recipes.cfg? I set each of those to true to make them disabled? Or is there a master switch that I can just set?

Wait, if i disable the ic2 generator, wouldn't that mean I can't generate EU at all? I'm not aware of a GT machine that generates EU....

• Wait, if i disable the ic2 generator, wouldn't that mean I can't generate EU at all? I'm not aware of a GT machine that generates EU....

See last week's changelog:

• Biggest slowdown for the moment is the aluminium machines: I struggle to find enough sodium/potassium to use with my bauxite, and I obviously cannot melt it on its own due to the high temperature required.
    Even steel is easier to find, thanks to villages, lol

Love the new steam turbines, by the way even though it took me some time to find the appropriate pipe for my bronze steam turbine (my bad, didn't read the tooltip correctly).

• Easiest solution: Just put Turbine adjacent to Boiler. It does work vertical.

GregTech Website

• Yay on UUM system! :)
    One question:

It requires Charged Matter (1L per Proton), Neutral Matter (1L per Neutron), 65536 QU per Liter of used Matter (watch out for the efficiency of the Replicator Tier you are using!), and an USB 4.0 Stick with Data of a non-radioactive Element to output 1 Unit of the desired Material.

...which shape will be this unit of? Same as scanned items, or some one 1-unit-large item?
    Does this ->

If you insert more than just one Material Unit (by inserting a Storage Block or a Double Ingot for example) then you successfully wasted Material. :P

..mean, that you cannot replicate items with more than 1 unit of material, or it will scan it right, but it will save ratios of 1 unit (so rest units are lost), or that data will be useless on replicator, because they are not exactly 1 unit?

• I have never found a GT6 stronghold. Any tips? How does the surface entrance look?

I also found several vanilla ender chests on desert surface. Anybody knows which mod generates that? (there are no other players).