[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Ok, thanks for clarification, I was expecting that for that reasons :)
    Well, completely lit rooms are good, except that vanilla allows zombies spawn on that, too. It is called "Village sieges" (or something like that), kinda rare, but then they ignore light completely and spawn in big groups around villagers. So I see it as "if golems can spawn, also zombies". Well, we will deal with that, I guess :)

(Maybe you also can add later some entity-type selectable Tesla coil, that aspect of IC2 is kinda....forgotten xD )

• Aaaaand I'm done wiki-side. Phew !
    I'll add some stuff about electricity when I'll have more experience with it but in the meantime I'll focus on minor edits, phrasing, grammar and such.

By the way I changed the Steam tutorial from the Squeezer/Coagulator to a more simple machine, the Automatic Hammer because it made more sense: making rubber for a HazMat (or an IC2 Generator with the previous recipe) should not be the first task when getting to Steam...and the Automatic Hammer is easy to make and only of use until the Crusher so it's perfect as tutorial material.

I'll don a burial for my old IC2 machines, illegitimately obtained through what seems to have been really dirty easy recipes.
    Only friends and family are invited, I want to keep this small and private.

• well I would add it to the boiler, some dont make the steam hammer, I have only ever made it for testing it, all the starts after that I just use an obsidian hammers or gem hammers from loot. plus boilers are always going to be needed for steam no matter the machine. just my two cents.

• Yeah it makes sense. I may change it to a more useful machine, like a rolling mill or such.

Since I'm currently looking at energy types for my house IRL, I was thinking about how much Coal/Charcoal we use in GregTech. I know we can use RC Coal Coke but it seems like cheating to wait for Coal to become Coal Coke (and to have bonus Creosote Oil in the process). I know about the Biogas/Oil route but how about shredding wood and compressing it to make hardened wood logs and eventually dry to make it more efficient.

• Note: The RC Coal Coke Route would be the GT Route too, just to let you know. In GT you would just need an igniter or a flint&tinder to start the thing off and that's it.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Ok, thanks for clarification, I was expecting that for that reasons :)
    Well, completely lit rooms are good, except that vanilla allows zombies spawn on that, too. It is called "Village sieges" (or something like that), kinda rare, but then they ignore light completely and spawn in big groups around villagers. So I see it as "if golems can spawn, also zombies". Well, we will deal with that, I guess :)

(Maybe you also can add later some entity-type selectable Tesla coil, that aspect of IC2 is kinda....forgotten xD )

Zombie sieges were broken as of MC 1.4.7 and only fixed in MC 1.8. So in GT6 in MC 1.7.10, there are no zombie sieges unless you have a mod that fixes them.

• Note: The RC Coal Coke Route would be the GT Route too, just to let you know. In GT you would just need an igniter or a flint&tinder to start the thing off and that's it.

Oh, off to a Coke Oven I'll go then !
    It makes sense since we use a lot of Coal anyway

• a GT coke oven would be nice though do to having 16 RC coke ovens causing some kinda weird jitter lag when I am around them and apparently logging out of a server to close to them will cause them to not form properly when you log back in.

• Not yet, I'm behind on the videos, but yeah I reckoned you must resort to pump and hoppers.
    Having a true (costly ?) GT Coke Oven would allow me to not install RC and configure it to not see its awful plates :P

• Are veins biome restricted ? I looked in the config but didn't find anything relevant (except the Overworld/End booleans, but nothing biome related).
    I tried to find a Spodumene/Lepidolite vein but was unsuccessful for the moment.

Maybe I should dig through a big mountain beween 50-60...

• Hm..
    Greg. Is not being able to pick up greg chests quickly with a wrench (like you can with vanilla chests) a bug or on purpose?
    And it doesn't show the overlay alltho I think it should, since you can atleast rotate them with wrenches.

EDIT:
    Oh, and if you place a lone steam turbine and monkey wrench the front face the texture changes into the active one (e.g. the rotor spins) for some reason..

• veins are not biome specific, some ores are easier found in specific biomes like tetra and tin in hills do to spawning at higher levels.

That's what I thought, thanks for the confirmation.

So I definitely got to go through some mountains to see what they got for me.

• Hm..
    Greg. Is not being able to pick up greg chests quickly with a wrench (like you can with vanilla chests) a bug or on purpose?

Ah right, that old feature. Forgot that dismantling is supposed to stay a leftclick only function.

And it doesn't show the overlay alltho I think it should, since you can atleast rotate them with wrenches.

I will put it on my list.

Oh, and if you place a lone steam turbine and monkey wrench the front face the texture changes into the active one (e.g. the rotor spins) for some reason..

Whoops, Sync Error. I used 1 Bit for 2 things by accident.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)