[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Hi Greg,
    why electrolyzing wrought iron dust gives tiny pile of tin dust. Also why titanium burning box to titanium boiler to invar turbine produce more than 64 RU/t when it should line up perfectly.
    And one suggestion/idea would it be possible to add premixed dusts for smelting. Something like using mixer to mix 3 copper dusts with 1 tin dust to get 4 bronze smelting mix dusts. Reversing would be possible with centrifuge or electrolizer. This would be great for automation of alloy smelting i know there is in place possibility to mix molten metals in mixer, but with this regular smelting would be easier too(no need to go thru 7 steps smelting to get blue steel).

• why electrolyzing wrought iron dust gives tiny pile of tin dust.

What the fuck? Are you sure its not a dirty Pile of Dust?

Also why titanium burning box to titanium boiler to invar turbine produce more than 64 RU/t when it should line up perfectly.

Are you 100% sure it lines up perfectly?

And one suggestion/idea would it be possible to add premixed dusts for smelting. Something like using mixer to mix 3 copper dusts with 1 tin dust to get 4 bronze smelting mix dusts. Reversing would be possible with centrifuge or electrolizer. This would be great for automation of alloy smelting i know there is in place possibility to mix molten metals in mixer, but with this regular smelting would be easier too(no need to go thru 7 steps smelting to get blue steel).

Denied. I even removed all of such Recipes intentionally. Except the Bronze one, but that is terribly lossy.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Hi, Grag I would like to ask you. Why don't you want to make a remake of the Gregtech 4 For 1.7.10. I think it's a great idea. :thumbsup:.Because founders of TechReborn aren't engaged Techreborn 1.7.10: Don't fix bugs, some things don't work...

• Hi, Grag I would like to ask you. Why don't you want to make a remake of the Gregtech 4 For 1.7.10. I think it's a great idea. :thumbsup:.Because founders of TechReborn aren't engaged Techreborn 1.7.10: Don't fix bugs, some things don't work...

Didn't I tell you "No" in that PM I sent you, that you have definitely replied to, and therefore read? So please don't spam it everywhere, this isn't something anyone could convince me of, not even for absurd amounts of Money.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

TechReborn is open source. Instead of continuing to pester Greg for this (who is presumably busy developing GT6), you could open a separate thread to see if anyone is interested enough to fix the 1.7.10 version.

Also, you've mentioned some blocks from GT4 that aren't in GT5u, but I don't think you've explained why you want them so badly (when there might be alternatives that perform similar functions despite different names - edit: like I mentioned in an earlier post - also, since you were apparently looking at a Russian wiki (which I found out is too big for Google Translate, and I don't understand Russian to be able to read it directly), that might be a source of the apparent name discrepancies), or why you need them for 1.7.10 instead of playing TechReborn for a newer version of Minecraft.

• So after an eternity of bedrock branch mining I *finally* managed to find enough small diamonds to make the buzzsaw and crusher so I think I'm ready to move up to the electrical age. Is there a way automate startup/shutdown of the burning box/boilers based on the battery storage, or do you just have to keep doing it manually with flint and tinder?

• So after an eternity of bedrock branch mining I *finally* managed to find enough small diamonds to make the buzzsaw and crusher so I think I'm ready to move up to the electrical age. Is there a way automate startup/shutdown of the burning box/boilers based on the battery storage, or do you just have to keep doing it manually with flint and tinder?

Shutting down can be done with a piston blocking burning box when it gets a redstone signal. I use this for smelting with crucible, combined with 2 hoppers (1 for tiny dusts of coal coke (into burning box), another for ashes output (below burning box)). In my case, redstone signal is from thermometer.

The battery boxes can have Energy Sensor covers attached which output a redstone signal strength proportional to the remaining charge (or, in another mode, proportional to the remaining space).
    They can also have covers that prevent them outputting EU unless they receive a redstone signal.
    There are Automatic Igniter machines that consume EU and can light a burning box.
    Burning boxes require an open air block in front in order to function.

The trick is to balance the time spent pre-heating the boiler with the time it spends producing steam for energy. You will want a cycle deep enough that you don't waste too much EU on firing the
    igniter, but shallow enough that, under typical continuous use of your favourite machines, the boiler gauge will still be at the top of the white zone at the start of the next charging phase.
    This is easiest if each generator has a dedicated battery box, with a capacity chosen for an appropriate cycle length. This then feeds off into your main battery bank, which should have at least
    enough capacity to provide continuous supply while your boilers pre-heat. (More is better if your peak consumption will regularly exceed your maximum generating capacity).

It's easiest/most compact with a redstone circuitry mod such as ProjectRed but equivalents can be built in vanilla redstone with a bit more space.

---

Also, I can confirm the Wrought Iron to Tin electrolyser bug. Just put 2 Wrought Iron in a lathe, combined the small dusts, then electrolysed it. I have a free Tiny Pile of Tin Dust that
    I didn't earn... :whistling:

• Quoted from "SkyraSK"
    Also why titanium burning box to titanium boiler to invar turbine produce more than 64 RU/t when it should line up perfectly.

Are you 100% sure it lines up perfectly?

Well i don't know what do you think as perfectly, but titanium burning box produces 96 HU/t titanium boiler can accept up to 112 HU/t and should convert 1 HU to 2 steam what means output should be 192 steam/t and that is max steam invar turbine can accept. If i use chromium boiler witch can accept up to 96 HU/t than it works fine and pressure in boiler doesn't rise. So either titnium boiler is somehow more efficient with lover HU input or there is some kind of rounding error.

Edit: when i thought about it i bet you wait until internal buffer of boiler is filled and release steam only then, with execs heat going to next cycle so this behavior is probably intentional so we can't use boilers with burning box that doesn't produce at least amount of heat declared in tool tip.

The post was edited 2 times, last by SkyraSK: wrong qoutes ().

• So the getting started guide makes amperage sound all screwed up. In reality, you supply the machine with the proper voltage, and it draws the amount of current it needs. Your supply can handle as much current as you want, as long as it is at least as much as what the device demands. The guide makes it sound though, like the device will suck up as much current as it can get, and if it can get too much, it will blow up. How are you supposed to work with that? You set up your battery bank to output enough current to run two machines, then when one of them shuts down, the other blows up?

• So the getting started guide makes amperage sound all screwed up. In reality, you supply the machine with the proper voltage, and it draws the amount of current it needs. Your supply can handle as much current as you want, as long as it is at least as much as what the device demands. The guide makes it sound though, like the device will suck up as much current as it can get, and if it can get too much, it will blow up. How are you supposed to work with that? You set up your battery bank to output enough current to run two machines, then when one of them shuts down, the other blows up?

What Guide? You are aware that I am not responsible for any Wiki Guides, right?

GregTech Website

• I think he's complaining about the mechanic rather than the guide.

Battery boxes "push" EU, whereas it might be nearer to reality to have machines "pull" EU.

If you did that, we really would need fuses...

(edit: to be clear - I'm NOT suggesting you do that)

• Oh my God, I thought I was close to breaking into the electrical age since I have managed to get a bit of aluminum from slucing all of the bauxite to make a dynamo and an electroyzer, so I went to test it in creative. It seems you can't electrolyze bauxite without a *high voltage* electrolyzer. How are you supposed to get there without being able to get enough aluminum to make a dozen dynamos? Plus the transformers. I noticed that red granite says it electolyzes for oxygen and aluminum, and I could use the oxygen in the sodium persulfate cycle to process the bauxite even more efficiently than electrolysing it ( takes less bauxite for each aluminum ), but NEI states that it needs 96 EU/t, which I thought I could get from 4 amps at 32 volts, but it doesn't seem to work. Oh, the LV electrolyzer maxes out at 64 EU/t, so I guess only 2 amps.

Am I missing something or is this frigging impossible?

• WTF? I tried just using an LV dynamo to power an LV electrolyzer to make oxygen from distilled water and the 4x tin cable keeps melting down. It should be able to handle 32 v at 4 amps which should be more than the dynamo can put out!

• Sadly, getting comfortable in the electric age doesn't really happen until after you get galvanised steel, and for that you need tungsten to make a smelter (of any tier).
    It wasn't a portion of the progression that I enjoyed at all, but exploring for very rare ores is now compulsory before you can move through the tiers.
    You will also come across a second roadblock when you try to make the circuits for your first battery box - that requires iridium for a crystallization crucible.

Personally, I find this clashes *really* hard with the way I play (I really hated it, and now I'm past that point will never start another new game again),
    but that's the way it works now. Try to pretend the electric age doesn't exist, enjoy the expanded early game (should be much easier since the introduction
    of steam turbines to provide EU-free RU), and try to mix in prospecting for ores with your real gameplay. Don't wait until you have nothing else to do.

(I still think melting *zinc* shouldn't take that much effort...)

Also - how much RU were you supplying to the dynamo? NEI shows that the dynamo can output up to 48 EU/t, whereas the tin cable can only handle a "voltage" of 32 EU.
    Try a copper cable instead (it has the same loss/m as tin, unlike in IndustrialCraft).

• I powered the dynamo with a steel turbine powered by two bronze boilers. At 32 volts and 4 amps, the cable should be able to carry 128 EU/t, which is more than the dynamo says it can output. I kept having the 4x tin cable melt down while at the same time, it was not providing enough power to have the electrolyzer run on distilled water to produce hydrogen and oxygen. Then there is the problem of trying to separate the two gasses, and route only the oxygen to the box to react the oxygen with sulfer to make sulfur dioxide, then trying to react that to make suflur trioxide and then sulfuric acid.

Well, let's see what's written there :

(WARNING, EXPERIMENTAL ZONE. I may write a lot more absurdities than usual because I just reached this part, feel free to correct me)

And, almost at the very top :

Also this guide may become obsolete quite quickly because GT is updated every week, so take everything written here with a little bit of Salt.

Well, I guess now you have your answer.

And, as of any wiki, feel free to share any insight on how it could be improved, instead of making it sound like you're entitled to anything :)

• I think the major mistake here is to consider the Electrical Age as a full replacement over Steam. It's not.

Steam machines, in their building and usage requirements are easier and cheaper to handle for daily operations. Only after converting a LOT of stuff from Steam to Electric will you be able to ease up on Steam machines usage.

That's why the Steam age does not end at all when you've build a Crusher/Sifter/Shredder. You first dabble with some Battery management and Electrolyzing stuff, yes, but the bulk of it will only come after you've upgraded your main Steam chains.

And, as always, if you try to rush things, you turn GregTech into a boring grind fest, which is not. I actually find myself planning and computing a lot more than before, because every bit of optimization is there, but you have to find them. I could have tried to touch on electrical age but I decided to focus on making steel machines (and the appropriate Steam production) first.

When that will have been handled properly, then and only then will I search for these damn Lepidolite/Spodumene veins :3

• Yes, the Electric Age is definitely NOT supposed to be the replacement for the Steam Machines.

As for the Tin Cable melting: It says max Voltage is 32, the Turbine emits exactly ONE Packet, if that Packets Voltage is greater than 32, the Cable will ofcourse melt. It doesn't arbitrarily split the Voltage into Packets, just because the Cable can't handle it, in that case it would be a maximum Wattage and not Voltage. The Battery Box is currently the only thing that emits more than one Ampere, and that depends on Battery Count (if you have a selector cover on that box, then it limits it to what the selector cover is saying).

And for the "ultra rare resource gating the electric stuff", don't forget that a LOT of stuff is missing in GT, we don't even have a Blast Furnace yet. The melting Zinc Part is a problem of the Crucible I need to address later, since the Crucible has no Fluid Support whats-so-ever.

GregTech Website