[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• HCL has at least some use - you need it to make Aqua Regia, which can do some very handy things.

Though you also need nitric acid, and there are definitely ways to get that but not very many of them.

• Ahh, so is there any way to insert them into pipes from the fluid cells, or to void them? Or do I just need to install enderio to do those things?

If you have it in universal cell, of course you can insert it into pipes. Try to click on "opening" of pipe though :)

• I noticed you can use potassium dust instead of sodium dust to smelt bauxite, but there doesn't seem to be potash in GT. Historically potassium salts were produced by mixing wood ash with water then drying that out. How about it? ;)

• Well, tonight I learned that production of salt from distilling water is *really* slow... got only one tiny pile of salt from running for a few hours, so this does not seem to be a viable method of processing bauxite. On the up side, I played with methane production using a fermenter and I like it. You can fit quite a lot of energy just in some standard bronze pipes as the gas seems to last a good long time for a rather small volume. 4 charcoal in a standard bronze burning box lasts just over 4 minutes, but if you use it to make methane along with a dozen or so bio chaff, you get enough methane to run a bronze gas burning box for 13 minutes. Not bad if you are bottlenecking on your coke oven and have plenty of crops for the bio chaff. Plus, the gas burning boxes can be shut down almost instantly, and very large volumes of methane stored in the new multiblock tanks to supply the sudden need fire up a dozen burning boxes at will.

• The new oil is awesome - works amazingly well with a decent sized pipe and few drain covers. Not sure if the "slick" effect is
    intentional, but it's a neat feature if it is. I went searching for a few oil wells on creative - found about half a dozen, none
    of which touched bedrock, so didn't see any springs yet. Did see most of them flowing into open caverns and/or lava pools
    though. Not sure if anything can be done about that short of spawning them inside an eggshell of stone - but that might look
    odd.

Got a nice surprise from the shredder after this update too - now I can feed my cattle on the by-products from making burger
    buns! There is something a little evil about that...

• "Slick" Effect?

And yeah, Wheat, Barley, Oats and Rice give "Grass" when shreddered. Technically its not Grass, but its similar enough.

For the Bedrock touching: There is at least one such Vein inside the loaded Chunks on average.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• "Slick" Effect?

When the level of oil on a block gets very low it stops flowing and just sits there as a thin layer.
    As an effect, it feels quite convincing.

For the Bedrock touching: There is at least one such Vein inside the loaded Chunks on average.

Good to know. Probably my biggest challenge in finding one then will be getting out to previously
    unexplored chunks. One day I'll learn to leave a reservation of ungenerated chunks for future world-gen
    changes...

• There are two issues I have ran into recently...

The first is a huge FPS drop when a Titanium Burning Box (Solid) is running. The FPS drops from solid 60 to 20-30. It is happening to us on two different computers. Once it stops burning, the FPS is stable 60 again.

The second is something that might be intended, but that is quite unlikely. Machines like Squeezer or Crusher finish the recipe (or at least they should according to the GU requirement) and then the machine hangs with a "full arrow" for a while before outputting the result into a chest/fluid pipe. That increases the GU cost substantially as an engine/turbine still uses steam during this...

I also ran into a bit of confusion with the Tiers. One of the books mention that 64 GU/t recipes are still Tier 1. I am unable to get a Bronze Centrifuge (16-64) with a Steel Turbine to process Sluice Juice. It works with a Steel Centrifuge (64-256) with the same Steel Turbine. That seems like the 64 GU/T being Tier 1 is actually not true. Is there something I am doing incorrectly?

The second is something that might be intended, but that is quite unlikely. Machines like Squeezer or Crusher finish the recipe (or at least they should according to the GU requirement) and then the machine hangs with a "full arrow" for a while before outputting the result into a chest/fluid pipe. That increases the GU cost substantially as an engine/turbine still uses steam during this...

This is part of the game.

changelog wrote:

Electric Engines to convert EU into GT-KU. (the stuff the auto-hammer uses)
    Speed and therefore also Power can be adjusted with a Screwdriver to a certain extend depending on the Engine.
    If the Speed gets changed, the Engine will push and pull with a higher frequency, meaning that some devices get less power but more output when setting it to more speed. So you will need to tweak the hell out of this thing to make it work perfectly.

I haven't mastered it completely, but I have at least managed to make a squeezer extract seed oil smoothly.
    The first trick is not to use a larger engine than you need. On a 16KU/t recipe, I found an LV engine outputting at 32KU/t
    worked smoothly, whereas an MV engine outputting the same 32KU/t was stalling at the end as you describe.
    The next trick is to find something that you can produce near continuously, then use the screwdriver to tweak the
    output of an electric engine one stage at a time, observe, advance one step, observe - until the progress is smooth.
    You could then in theory take what you have learned and work out how much steam you'd need to supply to a steam
    engine to replicate the electric engine results. But I haven't gone that far - as I say, I haven't mastered it completely.

I also ran into a bit of confusion with the Tiers. One of the books mention that 64 GU/t recipes are still Tier 1. I am unable to get a Bronze Centrifuge (16-64) with a Steel Turbine to process Sluice Juice. It works with a Steel Centrifuge (64-256) with the same Steel Turbine. That seems like the 64 GU/T being Tier 1 is actually not true. Is there something I am doing incorrectly?

How much steam did you supply to the engine? My suspicion is that you actually supplied slightly more that 64GU/t, in which case the
    Bronze Centrifuge will cut out completely. (Imagine there is a shear pin or something that prevents over-torque).

• How much steam did you supply to the engine? My suspicion is that you actually supplied slightly more that 64GU/t, in which case the
    Bronze Centrifuge will cut out completely. (Imagine there is a shear pin or something that prevents over-torque).

That would make sense as a Steel Turbine needs 192 Steam/t to create 64 RU/t and I had used a 200L/t pipe. The problem is that there are no pipes which would have as fine-grained controls as are needed to work with various engines/turbines. Or is there something like that?

• The first is a huge FPS drop when a Titanium Burning Box (Solid) is running. The FPS drops from solid 60 to 20-30. It is happening to us on two different computers. Once it stops burning, the FPS is stable 60 again.

What? How is that happening? Does this happen with vanilla Furnaces too?

Does it happen with Mixing Bowls that are filled with Water too?

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Greg, haven't you got solutions for my lag problem? ç.ç
    Well, I got a good pc (without the hard disk) and a good performance from all games, plus i've dedicated 4 gb ram but it still lag so much... Please help me :c

• Greg, haven't you got solutions for my lag problem? ç.ç
    Well, I got a good pc (without the hard disk) and a good performance from all games, plus i've dedicated 4 gb ram but it still lag so much... Please help me :c

I don't know anything about graphics cards, and all the graphics stuff is technically handled by Minecraft itself, so I don't know how to fix it.

GregTech Website

• What? How is that happening? Does this happen with vanilla Furnaces too?

Does it happen with Mixing Bowls that are filled with Water too?

It does not happen with vanilla furnaces, it does not happen with Mixing Bowls. In fact, we found out that it is caused by the Thermometer Sensor when the temperature is raising quickly, so it is less noticeable with weaker burning boxes. It looks like the whole chunk is getting updated somehow every time the temperature changes. There is a roof made of Carpenter's Slopes and Blocks in the chunk. We tested it without the roof, and there was almost no FPS drop.

• The second is something that might be intended, but that is quite unlikely. Machines like Squeezer or Crusher finish the recipe (or at least they should according to the GU requirement) and then the machine hangs with a "full arrow" for a while before outputting the result into a chest/fluid pipe. That increases the GU cost substantially as an engine/turbine still uses steam during this...

Yeah still trying to figure this out myself. Got a Strong Chromium Engine with a Steel Crusher and I spend as much time waiting for the stuff to come out than to crush it. With steam machines it's all about the steam management, which have to be very well calculated to optimize every bit of KU. Electric engines have screwdriver to adjust the KU rate, though

If it works with the same Steel Turbine but a higher tier, it means that you output way too mu RU for the Bronze Centrifuge. Limit the flow with a tighter pipe (look at bandwidth in L/t) to make it slow down enough.
    With a Steel Turbine and a Bronze Centrfuge, a Tiny Copper Pipe should be enough, with a Titanium Boiler/BB on the other side. I know this used to be my setup and it works perfectly.

• That would make sense as a Steel Turbine needs 192 Steam/t to create 64 RU/t and I had used a 200L/t pipe. The problem is that there are no pipes which would have as fine-grained controls as are needed to work with various engines/turbines. Or is there something like that?

I don't think that piping precise amounts of steam is actually a supported function, though it can maybe sometimes be achieved.

I'm currently running a bronze centrifuge at 64 RU/t (centrifuging sluice juice in hopes of pulling out some extra Chromium) with an invar turbine, though. The trick is I've got 4 bronze boiler/burner combos feeding it exactly the required amount of steam, with a very small and simple pipe system in between. (Only 4 pipes, all but one of them small.)

• If it works with the same Steel Turbine but a higher tier, it means that you output way too mu RU for the Bronze Centrifuge. Limit the flow with a tighter pipe (look at bandwidth in L/t) to make it slow down enough.
    With a Steel Turbine and a Bronze Centrfuge, a Tiny Copper Pipe should be enough, with a Titanium Boiler/BB on the other side. I know this used to be my setup and it works perfectly.

...What recipe are you running? A tiny copper pipe shouldn't be able to support anywhere near enough steam flow for 64 RU/t

• Oh yeah, no, the tiny copper pipe was not for 64 RU/t, of course, but enough to make a Bronze Centrifuge run. Sorry my bad for confusing

For 64 RU/t, I think a tiny Bronze pipe would do, but anyway it's really tricky to get to that point and not go over 64 RU/t, where the Bronze Centrifuge will stop working.

Best is to use the Steel Centrifuge and work with it.

64 RU/t is the utmost limit of Tier 1, true, but in GT I've learned that limits are blurred, and that's what's fun with it :)