[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Can't make silicon dust from silicon dioxide dust in electrolizer, electrolizer take 3 silicon dioxide dust and dont do anything.... I tried to use all types of electrolizer, dont help

• NEI shows that you should get 18/72nds extra cobalt dust from shredding purified cobalt ore, but you don't.

You should definitely get it. I don't know why it happens to you.

Can't make silicon dust from silicon dioxide dust in electrolizer, electrolizer take 3 silicon dioxide dust and dont do anything.... I tried to use all types of electrolizer, dont help

Wrong amount of Electricity. And don't forget the Overclocking Mechanic.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• NEI shows that you should get 18/72nds extra cobalt dust from shredding purified cobalt ore, but you don't.

I do get it, your Bug Report is not replicatable. Maybe you joined a Server that didn't update GT6 yet.

Also earlier someone complained about not being able to do coal blocks to coal coke blocks. Have you tried putting a Stainless Steel Drum below your Coke Oven in order to get all the needed Creosote out of it in one go? The Drum can autoemit the Creosote to the Bottom into a Pipe.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Greg, how i can get a 48 Eu/t? I can onlu 32, 128...

Turbines, dynamos, and (almost certainly) steam engines produce output proportional to input across a factor-of-four range (range not guaranteed for steam engines). They don't work just at the listed values.

To produce 48 EU/t, put 64 RU/t into a dynamo, which you'll get by running 192 steam/t (generated by 96 HU/t) into a turbine.

I can't help you if you're using batboxes or transformers, I don't have any yet and haven't seen clear documentation of how to use them.

And what is Overlocking mechanic?

If a recipe's power requirement is less than the minimum power of the machine you're using, the power requirement is multiplied by 4 and the total energy cost is multiplied by 2. (If it's still less than the minimum power, repeat this until it isn't.)

So running a process on a higher-tier machine than it requires can be faster but has higher power requirements than you might expect. (Also it costs more energy, which I avoid fanatically, but that's not the part that people tend to have trouble with.)

• I like the changes that are coming.

Finally an easier way to get molten metals, not only with a smelter (tungsten vain, I can't find you... ;( , had to centrifuge lava for it)

But I am also slightly afraid to fry my base after updating.

• ...Sluicing doesn't use KU and doesn't require 32 RU/t. It requires 16 RU/t. Which is what you can get from that boiler.

The power requirement for a recipe depends on the recipe. Most of the time, that isn't the midpoint value for the machine tier. A lot of recipes are 16 GU/t (for whatever form of power they use).

Hi, according NEI sluice need 32RU/t. and it works with less. Centrifuge need the same but don't work with same power than sluice...

• So with the next update switching T1 and T2 electrical stuff, will existing machines be staying the same material as they currently are, or the same tier?

Hi, according NEI sluice need 32RU/t. and it works with less. Centrifuge need the same but don't work with same power than sluice...

I'm pretty sure you're wrong about NEI saying that, but I'll need to check later.

• changelog, (set to the sound of angelic music) wrote:

[ADDED] Crucible Drains, which will fill Molds and Bathing Pots below them, when placed next to a Crucible. They are Redstone sensitive too.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you...

changelog, (set to the sound of screeching tyres, twisting metal and breaking glass) wrote:

[CHANGED] Electric Tiers: Aluminium is MV now, while Galvanized Steel is LV. (see Crucible Drains below for another relevant Change)

Ok, so this is almost certainly an improvement, and with the crucible drains this makes perfect sense.
    But will this be a save-breaking update? A one-time switcheroo? Should we pre-craft replacements and unplug everything before updating?

• I do get it, your Bug Report is not replicatable. Maybe you joined a Server that didn't update GT6 yet.

Single player, running GT6.04.00. Copper, Tin, Gold, and Magnetite have been giving me the extra 72nds in the shredder since you added it, just not cobalt.

• I should clarify: all of the tin, copper, gold, iron that I have shredded and gotten the extra 72nds of dust from have been refined after passing it through the magnetic separator... the cobalt can not be refined in the magnetic separator, but according to NEI, should still give some 72nds of dust ( just not as much ) in its purified, rather than refined form... yet it did only give a single regular pile of cobalt dust.

• I literally tested it by throwing purified cobalt ore into the shredder, and it gave me the purified pile of dust + the 72nds.

It shouldn't even give you a normal Pile of Dust in the first place, so I don't know what the Issue might be. Also update GT6, you are more than half a month behind.

GregTech Website

• "[CHANGED] Electric Tiers: Aluminium is MV now, while Galvanized Steel is LV.")

Does it mean that people already having aluminium turbines running will have their infrastructure fried upon the update?

EDIT: Nevermind, refreshed and the answer came just in : "NOTE: Your existing Machines will stay the same Tier they were before, nothing breaks."

So I will need to break and replace the turbine, OR I will need to build totally new machine (like recycling the old), changing the tier in hands?

• May you actually read the changelog when you already quote it? NOTHING WILL BREAK FOR FUCKS SAKE

GregTech Website

• lol.. IF you have tier1 machines now, they will be still tier1 after update.. only color will be dif. But you may lose tons of aluminium, because it will be from Galvanized steel.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gorilla ().

• lol.. IF you have tier1 machines now, they will be still tier1 after update.. only color will be dif. But you may lose tons of aluminium, because it will be from Galvanized steel.

see, he got it right. Nothing will break, as I said multiple times.

anyways, here a Patreon Post.

GregTech Website