[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• yeah 1.12.8 is the same Version that I have, You use a modpack don't you?

Sort of. I built my own private modpack for my friends and I to play around with; it's not based on an existing modpack or anything, I just grab the mods from curse and configure them to my liking.

Maybe Gany's Surface automatically disables redundancies if Gany's Wood Stuff is installed alongside it? There's an option in the Gany's Surface config that enables these chests:

config/GanysMods/ganyssurface.cfg:

Code
    1. general {
    2.     B:"Enable wood specific chests"=true
    3. }

The only other thing I could think of is maybe the .jar I downloaded was deleted and re-uploaded at a later date, but that's unlikely.

Here's the MD5/SHA1/SHA256 hashes of the jar I have (note that the MD5 matches the one listed on curse):

MD5: df902dc969289a424c601413b3b90829

SHA1: 297aea9679f597092ddbdb8fe68c7b0aca67a89d

SHA256: 23d8b4cfb842cf9a7d20e92724ae583c7859bef5b362d8009b01a29bef305d9f

• Well I made a lot of Ganys Stuff compatible so it should work now.

I think Villages look better this way anyways. I had to remove the Cobble because my Worldgen would screw up the look of Villages otherwise.

2018-02-17_17.14.03.png

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Aw damnit, what is this bullshit? MC Edit is only for Windows? I was going to get rid of underground biomes but they don't seem to have a java/linux download.

UB is still compatible and you could just disable the UB generation in its Config and have 24 additional Rock Types in return ;)

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• UB is still compatible and you could just disable the UB generation in its Config and have 24 additional Rock Types in return ;)

I guess that's what I'll do then and upgrade to the latest GT for the new world gen. And you also made the rutile refining take any carbon now too right? Because I'm about out of coal coke, and still have plenty left to process... man it's slow going.

• yeah Rutile does take carbon now afaik, unless I gave carbon to another material refining by accident.

GregTech Website

• Some generation

And fixed. Forgot to check for liquids before placign the Rocks.

GregTech Website

• Are there more world-gen related things going to be added into game? I'm going to delete most old chunks in my save and update to the latest version if the world gen won't be changed a lot in the foreseeable future, including the stone layers and ore types, and the interrelation between them.

• Also, I can use the dense bronze solid burning box, strong bronze boiler tank and bronze buzzsaw to cut a solid steel block, but when I tried to use dense steel stuff and a steel buzzsaw, the machine refused to work after receiving a block and enough fluid. Is this a bug or an intended feature? If it's a bug, is it already fixed or not? I'm running with 6.06.11 and haven't seen any buzzsaw-related changes in later versions.

• Are there more world-gen related things going to be added into game? I'm going to delete most old chunks in my save and update to the latest version if the world gen won't be changed a lot in the foreseeable future, including the stone layers and ore types, and the interrelation between them.

Yeah I am mostly done with major Worldgen changes for now. ;)

:huh::huh::huh::huh:

It exists, but where did that Item show up in NEI

Also, I can use the dense bronze solid burning box, strong bronze boiler tank and bronze buzzsaw to cut a solid steel block, but when I tried to use dense steel stuff and a steel buzzsaw, the machine refused to work after receiving a block and enough fluid. Is this a bug or an intended feature? If it's a bug, is it already fixed or not? I'm running with 6.06.11 and haven't seen any buzzsaw-related changes in later versions.

You need to upscale the Power of the Recipe properly, when overclocking Recipes that way. NOT a Bug, you just dont insert enough Power for that specific Recipe.

GregTech Website

• You need to upscale the Power of the Recipe properly, when overclocking Recipes that way. NOT a Bug, you just dont insert enough Power for that specific Recipe.

But isn't it weird? Dense bronze can do this but dense steel can't.

• Whenever you go a Tier up you have to go quadruple the Power. That is the Rule.

GregTech Website

• But isn't it weird? Dense bronze can do this but dense steel can't.

I'll try to expand on Greg's explanation.

The bronze buzzsaw is a tier 1 machine; its standard energy usage is 32 RU/t.

The steel buzzsaw is a tier 2 machine; its standard energy usage is 128 RU/t.

Each GregTech's machine is capable of accepting at minimum 1/2 of the machine's standard energy usage, and at maximum twice the standard.

So, for the bronze buzzsaw, it can accept between 16 and 64 RU/t,
    and the steel buzzsaw can accept between 64 RU/t and 256 RU/t.

According to NEI, cutting a Block of Solid Steel costs 48 GU/t (see footnote for explanation of what GU is).

What this actually means is that:

1. The minimum level machine It can be processed by is tier 1, since it falls between 16 and 64 RU/t.

2. At minimum, you must provide 48/32 = 1.5 times the cutter's standard energy to process this block (we're dividing by 32 here because it's a tier 1 recipe and tier 1 machines are 32 GU/t).

So, in a bronze buzzsaw, you'd need to supply it with 1.5 * 32 = 48 RU/t,

and in a steel buzzsaw you'd need to supply 1.5 * 128 = 192 RU/t.

A dense steel burning box produces 128 HU/t. If you send that into a strong steel boiler tank, that energy becomes 256 Steam/t. A steel turbine converts that into 256 / 192 * 64 = 85 RU/t, not accounting for the effects of steam sloshing in the pipes.

So as you can see, you're not producing nearly enough energy to do this in a steel buzzsaw. You need 2 strong steel boilers (2 * 256 Steam/t) + 1 strong invar boiler (128 Steam/t), producing a total of 640 Steam/t. Then, you'd need to pipe that to an Ironwood Steam Turbine, which would produce 640/384 * 128 = 213 RU/t, which is just slightly over the required 192 RU/t (you always want to supply slightly more power than what's required to account for the effects of sloshing within the pipes).

Footnote:

GU (I think it stands for "Generalized Units"?) is the universal unit of energy in GregTech.

All the units of energy in GregTech: RU (rotational units), HU (heat units), CU (cold units), KU (kinetic units), EU (electrical units), QU (quantum units), MU (magnetic units), LU (light units), RF (redstone flux), and Steam are just different forms of GU:

1 GU = 1 RU = 1 HU = 1 CU = 1 KU = 1 EU = 1 QU = 1 MU = 1 LU = 2 Steam = 4 RF.

The post was edited 1 time, last by theJ89 ().

• Why can the freezer turn oxygen into liquid oxygen, and it's volume remains the same? Sholdn't it get smaller when liquified? And shouldn't there be a way to turn it back into a gas?

• Why can the freezer turn oxygen into liquid oxygen, and it's volume remains the same? Sholdn't it get smaller when liquified? And shouldn't there be a way to turn it back into a gas?

Yeah back to Gas might be an Idea, as for Volume, Minecraft and other Mods say "fuck you", because I cant change that. I have to conform with the standard other people set.

Edit: Never expect ANY Volume to make any fucking sense. I can't do anything proper about it so I will never fix that in GT6.

GregTech Website

• Hello! my gregtech version is 6.06.11

Recently, I found that there is no NEI for Fuel Rod (Depleted Uranium). Which means I can not reuse empty fuel rod(which is made by Zr). I also found gregtech change the formula of “Thermal Centrifuge“ which used to be the one who recycle the rod, but I just can't put my depleted fuel rod in. Do you have any suggestions for this ?:)