[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Huh? didnt I reply to that? meh, I bet the quote system of the Forum was garbage again and I forgot it because of that.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• is there a cover that tells exactly how much power a machine is receiving? i know i can test the wires but that doesn't always give me exact answers

also, since the update in which titanium processing got changed, a have a big ol' barrel full of molten rutile that NEI says can't be used for anything, is there any way for me to convert this for use in making titanium?

• * Thought a little about potential functionality for the pipe-valve-cover ("Valve Crank thingy"):

- right click - toggle between full on and full off.

- right click with monkey wrench - choke throughput by 1 L/t

- shift right click with monkey wrench - open throughput by 1 L/t

(I know it makes the steam engines less inconvenient, but currently

they are so inconvenient I don't use them at all unless there is a

boiler that outputs exactly the required amount of steam. When there

isn't I just use the electric equivalent instead.)

* Also, a sieve cover: like a filter, but filters by size of item:

up to 1/72, up to tiny, up to small, up to dust, all blocks/items

(The advantage of this over using the dust funnel directly is that you

can sort the different sizes into hoppers first to only output exact

amounts. This stops a single 1/72 of the wrong dust backing up the

entire line. In my old basic ore-to-dust processing line I had to name

each individual ore in each of the filters to achieve this, and quickly

ran out of slots in the filter UI.)

• is there a cover that tells exactly how much power a machine is receiving? i know i can test the wires but that doesn't always give me exact answers

also, since the update in which titanium processing got changed, a have a big ol' barrel full of molten rutile that NEI says can't be used for anything, is there any way for me to convert this for use in making titanium?

Yeah, but you wont like the answer. It is brute force using a Tungsten Measuring Pot to put it into a Crucible, and then picking it out by hand in Scraps form. Maybe rightclicking the Crucible with the Barrel will also work if it is empty enough.

I will add an Ingot form for Rutile to make it less bad in todays upcoming Version during or after Bears Stream.

Tried the OreDictionary Filter Block? It does exactly what you are looking for. Filtering for an OreDict Prefix.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Silencer? Most GT6 Machines dont actually make noise do they?

Also GT6 Update ^^

GregTech Website

• As far as I know one doesn't exist in GregTech, but Extra Utilities has a block called a Sound Muffler that eliminates all sound in an 8 block radius, if that helps.

And when i play only GT+IC2 and some client side improove mods? I don´t want 1.7.10 overmoded POS. Just one piece of rubber cover may resolve my task.

• Tried the OreDictionary Filter Block? It does exactly what you are looking for. Filtering for an OreDict Prefix.

Oh. I thought that was more to do with different materials and the generifier/unifications whatnot.

Is there a book that explains how to work out what the prefixes should be?

Also, hurray! for the update. [goes to start laying some pipes...]

• I just noticed you can craft Empty Crates and use them in the Boxinator to crate stuff, that's cool!

It looks like you can only use it to boxinate Wood Planks at the moment, though. Are boxinator / unboxinator recipes for crating gems, plates, dusts, etc. planned?

• I just noticed you can craft Empty Crates and use them in the Boxinator to crate stuff, that's cool!

It looks like you can only use it to boxinate Wood Planks at the moment, though. Are boxinator / unboxinator recipes for crating gems, plates, dusts, etc. planned?

I am very sure you can make crates of everything that has a crate. Look harder.

GregTech Website

• I am very sure you can make crates of everything that has a crate. Look harder.

Er... in that case, I think something may be broken.

If I look up the usages for an Empty Crate in NEI, all it shows are recipes for Crate of Wood Plank.
    I tried using NEI to look up the recipe for a Crate of Bronze Ingot. It couldn't find one.

Just to make sure it wasn't a hidden recipe, or NEI wasn't bugging out, I spawned in a Battery Box (LV), filled it with full Lithium RE Batteries (LV), then pointed the output side upward. Then I spawned in a Boxinator (LV). To test that the Boxinator was working, first I tried putting 9 Bronze Ingots in the leftmost input slot, and a Selector Circuit set to 9 in the rightmost input slot. That produced a Block of Bronze Ingot as expected, so I know the Boxinator was working.

Next, I put 16 Bronze Ingots in the leftmost input slot, and an Empty Crate in the rightmost input slot. It didn't do anything. I checked the Battery Box to make sure the batteries still had power. They did, and the power was continuing to go down so I know the Boxinator was accepting power.

Edit: Screenshot:

JUPSCCi.png

• I'm finally ( been on this world since last August ) building a distillation tower, and I only completed the first layer and accidentally clicked the main facing and got the UI. Shouldn't it not work until all layers are complete?

Also I"m pretty sure you mucked something up with the extruder. IIRC, it was supposed to take 20% more heat than doing it with a crucible. Melting copper in a crucible heated with a bronze burning box takes me like 20 seconds. I threw it into a low temp extruder with a dense invar burning box and it was less than one second for each unit.

The post was edited 1 time, last by psusi ().

• I'm finally ( been on this world since last August ) building a distillation tower, and I only completed the first layer and accidentally clicked the main facing and got the UI. Shouldn't it not work until all layers are complete?

Also I"m pretty sure you mucked something up with the extruder. IIRC, it was supposed to take 20% more heat than doing it with a crucible. Melting copper in a crucible heated with a bronze burning box takes me like 20 seconds. I threw it into a low temp extruder with a dense invar burning box and it was less than one second for each unit.

Only applies to the non-low-heat Recipes. Copper is Low Heat.

What the fuck?! How did that happen?!

GregTech Website

• What the fuck?! How did that happen?!

It's a Broken Recipe.

Color Codes and Format Codes for the rules:

Red Meaning Don't Read that.

Green Meaning must Read that.

Blue Meaning everytime someone swears (like extensive bad language) on purpose it will be changed into a not a swearing text. Since I cannot delete other peoples text unless I am a admin or something that allows to get rid of the extensive bad language post. I absolutely hated swearing or worse extensive bad language.

Yellow Meaning That is incorrect.

Purple Meaning Spelling Correction

• It's a Broken Recipe.

Oh really? I didnt think of that, Thanks Captain Obvious!

GregTech Website

• Another bug report. Vanilla stone GregTech blocks and items (crucibles, molds, drains, etc.) have conflicting recipes with their counterparts made from Black Granite, Red Granite, and Basalt if the smoothstone variant of one of those three stones is used. This doesn't happen when the cobblestone variant of one of those three stones is used since vanilla stone crucibles, molds, drains etc. can only be made from smoothstone.

Notice in these screenshots that the same recipe (using Black Granite smoothstone) makes both a Black Granite Mold and a Stone Mold:

Wdn5DLa.png

N7hKPdp.png

• Only applies to the non-low-heat Recipes. Copper is Low Heat.

You mean it is intended that low heat extruder metals are supposed to only take 10% as much energy as using the crucible, but high heat ones take 120%? That seems like a *little* much of a difference. Low heat being 80% might be nice, but 10% seems a bit extreme.

• Another bug report. Vanilla stone GregTech blocks and items (crucibles, molds, drains, etc.) have conflicting recipes with their counterparts made from Black Granite, Red Granite, and Basalt if the smoothstone variant of one of those three stones is used. This doesn't happen when the cobblestone variant of one of those three stones is used since vanilla stone crucibles, molds, drains etc. can only be made from smoothstone.

Notice in these screenshots that the same recipe (using Black Granite smoothstone) makes both a Black Granite Mold and a Stone Mold:

Ah yeah, I see where I caused an Issue with that. Gonna be fixed.

You mean it is intended that low heat extruder metals are supposed to only take 10% as much energy as using the crucible, but high heat ones take 120%? That seems like a *little* much of a difference. Low heat being 80% might be nice, but 10% seems a bit extreme.

Counter Argument: Shits able to be smelted in a Vanilla Furnace, therefore the balance of that shit piece of a thing is required to be used or else it would be grossly underpowered.

GregTech Website