[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Did you update Botania? Because you have Black/Dark Quartz Blocks missing.

Didn't know there was a new version out, guess I've just never bothered to check. I'll do that now.

Edit:

Ah, okay, this explains it. I do have the latest version, but I set "darkQuartz.enabled = false" in Botania's config file since I have another mod (Thaumic Tinkerer) that adds its own dark quartz block, Smoky Quartz.

Is this intellij?

Yeah it is. I used to use Eclipse for Java stuff but at some point I switched over to IntelliJ; neither of them are perfect IDEs, but overall I've found IntelliJ to be an improvement.

The post was edited 1 time, last by theJ89 ().

• So you know how I mentioned a while back that you can't shift-rightclick to auto craft in the GT advanced crafting table if you still had one item left stuck to your cursor? Well now it seems you can not shift-rightclick to auto craft in a GT advanced crafting table *at all*. That is, even without a spare item stuck to your cursur, shift clicking the output to craft as many as you can and automatically transfer them to your backpack now longer works.

• So you know how I mentioned a while back that you can't shift-rightclick to auto craft in the GT advanced crafting table if you still had one item left stuck to your cursor? Well now it seems you can not shift-rightclick to auto craft in a GT advanced crafting table *at all*. That is, even without a spare item stuck to your cursur, shift clicking the output to craft as many as you can and automatically transfer them to your backpack now longer works.

Uhhm what Backpack thingy? You sure the Backpack Mod you use doesnt fuck it up?

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Greg, I recently noticed a vanilla bug regarding book-like items that perhaps you could fix for your books.

Specifically, when one closes a book it plays the 'press button' sound approximately once for each time you press the next or previous page buttons.

e.g. open a book, press the next page button N times, then on closing the book the 'press button' sound plays ~N times in the next second.

If you try various values for N (1, 10, 50) one should be able to hear the difference.

• Wondering why hydrogen peroxide can not be made ?(

Also is using aqua regia to obtain iridium a recommended method if you can't find iridium ores?

Because I didnt do the Machine that makes it yet.

And yes Aqua Regia or whatever makes Platinum Group Sludge is the intended overall Method. ;)

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• EDIT: Ah, never mind - I just noticed I can use the magnifying glass to

see what a filter is filtering for.

• And yes Aqua Regia or whatever makes Platinum Group Sludge is the intended overall Method.

Wait, are you saying you are supposed to get iridium from platinum group sludge? Because I just calculated that I should expect to get only 12 tiny piles of it after processing two stacks of purified nickel ore ( obtained from sluicing garnierite, copper, and gold ). That's not going to get me a crystalization crucible any time this century.

• Thats why there is also rare Ores with Iridium as Byproduct. :P

GregTech Website

• Thats why there is also rare Ores with Iridium as Byproduct. :P

They are too rare to find. Make them more common so it doesn't take a year or two to finally obtain it.

Color Codes and Format Codes for the rules:

Red Meaning Don't Read that.

Green Meaning must Read that.

Blue Meaning everytime someone swears (like extensive bad language) on purpose it will be changed into a not a swearing text. Since I cannot delete other peoples text unless I am a admin or something that allows to get rid of the extensive bad language post. I absolutely hated swearing or worse extensive bad language.

Yellow Meaning That is incorrect.

Purple Meaning Spelling Correction

• Indeed. This is my second world played out over the last 1.7 years and I have never found any of the ores that give iridium. In my first world I managed to find enough IC2 iridium in a few dozen dungeon loot chests to make a crystalization crucible. Now I'm really hurting to get some ( have zero so far ) and keep searching for ore veins hoping to get lucky. I would really like to be able to make a battery box after playing this world for 8 months so I can finally store some of the EU I can generate from the oil I have found, and maybe charge up a powered drill and wrench.

• Because I didnt do the Machine that makes it yet.

Awwww.

And yes Aqua Regia or whatever makes Platinum Group Sludge is the intended overall Method. ;)

Ummm a simple calculation shows that you need 530 purified ores plus 5 million liters of Aqua Regia to make a iridium crucible in theory.

• 530 purified Ores is nothing, especially after the Stone Layer Update. But the Aqua Regia on the other hand is ehhhh a bit much yeah, even though its just 5000 Units.

GregTech Website

• When I built my aqua regia washing system on my last world, most of the

aqua regia could be recycled. You periodically needed to drop a few extra

stacks of potassium nitrate in an attached chest, but that was the only input

besides the ore being washed. I remember reading something about the

chlorine output being tweaked to prevent a net output of chlorine but, as

long as there isn't a loss, the situation should be the same.

That 5 million litres probably isn't as scary as it sounds.

----------------

but...

For me the bigger problem is the removal of nickel ore from the pentlandite/

garnierite/cobaltite vein, meaning that iridium is now a minor drop from a

minor drop from a minor drop from a particular ore. By my calculation I get

a slightly higher figure for the purified nickel ores, but the nickel ores

themselves are only obtainable as a byproduct:

1 Nickel ore - > 1.5 tiny platinum group sludge

6 Nickel ore -> 9 tiny platinum group sludge

6 Nickel ore -> 0.576 tiny iridium dust / 0.064 units of iridium

93 Nickel ore -> 1 unit of iridium

656 Nickel ore -> 1 iridium crucible

Counting the sperrylite as well, you get 0.24 washable ores from each garnierite,

so actually you need:

2,733 Garnierite -> 1 iridium crucible.........

• (I found a platinum/palladium/iridium vein beneath my starter base, so it was within the

chunks I saved when moving to the new stone layer generation system, so personally I've

got enough iridium that I actually considered making an iridium wrench because I was

feeling too lazy to make a tungsten carbide one. Last post was aimed at aqua regia washing

being the main intended source, rather than a "Wah! Gimme iridium!" complaint.)

• Yeah the old Veins probably hold exactly that much garnierite. Meaning you only need 1 Garnierite Vein for an Iridium Crucible.

GregTech Website