[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• MrEyeballs29 No I'm not. I'm a software engineer but not a Minecraft modder.

Oh I see. :)

Color Codes and Format Codes for the rules:

Red Meaning Don't Read that.

Green Meaning must Read that.

Blue Meaning everytime someone swears (like extensive bad language) on purpose it will be changed into a not a swearing text. Since I cannot delete other peoples text unless I am a admin or something that allows to get rid of the extensive bad language post. I absolutely hated swearing or worse extensive bad language.

Yellow Meaning That is incorrect.

Purple Meaning Spelling Correction

• I'd recommend everyone to just ignore MrEyeballs29 , he doesn't have anything good to bring into any Conversation, and he doesn't understand anything. The only real reason I dont get rid of him is that he would likely just come back with another name. And because "being absolutely stupid on purpose" is not that good of a good ban reason.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Place a redstone switch cover on the igniter. For best effects run your redstone signal

through a pulse former before it reaches the switch cover.

<facepalm> of course. Should have thought of that.

Come to think of it, it would be nice if the auto on/off switch would detect if the burning box is already lit and stop the igniter.

• I accidentally got water into my steam pipes (just a straight line of steel pipes with "branches"), so I attached a barrel to one end and allowed fluid to flow in.

However, the pipe was still clogged - I went and loaded a backup in single player, scanned the pipe and found that there was 1L of water flowing back and forth in the pipes but never entering the barrel.

For situations like this, is my only remedy to dismantle the whole pipe network, or is there a block/tool to clean out pipes that I am not aware of?

• Plunger.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Plunger.

Plunger does not actually plunge fluid from pipes. It works on barrels but not pipes.

Scanned it afterwards, same deal.

The full setup:

That 1L of water is sloshing back and forth between those 3 pipes infinitely; if I hold down right click, it looks like the water does not move, because debug scanner scanning frequency matches up with how fast the water is sloshing around, but if I just right click scan same pipe with random intervals I can see the pipe is in one of those states.

• Okay I derped, the Fluid Pipe was actually supposed to work with the Plunger, but it didn't for some reason.

GregTech Website

• Ahh, apparently that requires a restone on/off cover. I would have thought that would also work on fluid and solid burning boxes. I did notice something odd. For testing I had two bucket-o-meters on a titanium drum of distilled water to function as my start and stop signals. To start the burner, I clicked the on signal up to <50 buckets, and with the help of a comparator/repeater pulse former, it one click started the burning box. The off bucket-o-meter was set to >50 buckets. As the distilled water ticked up, I watched the redstone wire coming out of the on unit go dark as the drum passed 50 buckets, but it took at least another 15 seconds before the other bucket-o-meter registered and output the stop signal. By the then drum was up to 5128L. Why the lag? Oh... does it come with some in built averaging even though I have not enabled that?

• Well I just had a big fucking bug blow my shit right up. I lit my 5 dense invar boilers going into my titanium turbine and MV dynamo as I have been for the last week to recharge my HV battery box, and after about 10 minutes I realized that my batteries were not charging. The boilers were all right at the normal range on the guage, distilled water was fine, but no power was being generated. I picked up the dynamo and saw the turbine was not turning. Picked up the turbine and put it back down, and still no turning. Then boom! all of the boilers exploded.

• Well I just had a big fucking bug blow my shit right up. I lit my 5 dense invar boilers going into my titanium turbine and MV dynamo as I have been for the last week to recharge my HV battery box, and after about 10 minutes I realized that my batteries were not charging. The boilers were all right at the normal range on the guage, distilled water was fine, but no power was being generated. I picked up the dynamo and saw the turbine was not turning. Picked up the turbine and put it back down, and still no turning. Then boom! all of the boilers exploded.

If the steam amount supplied is outside of the accepted range then the steam

will be consumed but the turbine won't turn. This is likely why the pressure didn't

build until you removed the turbine. At that point the steam in the pipe had

nowhere to go, so the pressure probably started building at that stage. I'm guessing

that it was just a coincidence that the pressure maxed out just as you replaced the

turbine.

If that was the cause, then the explosion wasn't really a bug, but the non-charging

that prompted you to partially dismantle the system leading to the explosion was

probably the known steam distribution instability half-bug, half-technical-limitation.

But for that, the conditions that created the explosion would never have occurred,

so if you're playing single player it wouldn't be entirely unreasonable to carry out an

NEI-rebuild or to restore a back-up. Just build defensively to counter this instability

in future.

(Assuming nothing changed since I last read through it:)

The pipe distribution code is only fully stable if each section of pipe receives input

from only one direction. If it receives input from 2 directions in a single tick then

it forgets the first one and only remembers the second. When it distributes its

contents, some will be distributed back in the first direction. Mostly, when you run

a pipe along the top of a row of boilers you will be saved by the fact that the boilers

tick first and that a pipe cannot distribute steam back into the boiler. However, it's

still possible to get instability. For a pipe running left to right to a consumer on the

far right, rightward distribution runs all the way to the consumer with constant

throughput, while leftward distribution can run only as far as the dead end.

Whether you get some initial leftward distribution, whether this leftward distribution

persists after the first few ticks, whether it all averages out to a constant rightward

output, or whether it creates an oscillation, all depends highly on the order in which

the pipe sections tick.

To avoid this, ideally limit steam carrying pipes to simple straight lines

with no branches, and if you must branch, only do so on the output side, never on

the input side. To combine two pipes use an extender - the extender ensures that

both inputs are credited to the same face of the attached pipe section. This way

it doesn't matter which input is most-recent or second-most-recent, as the pipe

section will remember the same input face either way. For extra safety, always place

a pressure valve on the section of pipe immediately above the boiler.

• Ahh, apparently that requires a restone on/off cover. I would have thought that would also work on fluid and solid burning boxes. I did notice something odd. For testing I had two bucket-o-meters on a titanium drum of distilled water to function as my start and stop signals. To start the burner, I clicked the on signal up to <50 buckets, and with the help of a comparator/repeater pulse former, it one click started the burning box. The off bucket-o-meter was set to >50 buckets. As the distilled water ticked up, I watched the redstone wire coming out of the on unit go dark as the drum passed 50 buckets, but it took at least another 15 seconds before the other bucket-o-meter registered and output the stop signal. By the then drum was up to 5128L. Why the lag? Oh... does it come with some in built averaging even though I have not enabled that?

I don't think there was any Lag, you probably just wired the Redstone wrong. I saw a lot of bad Redstone Wiring recently, I guess I shouldn't watch Bear doing Redstone on his Streams.

And the Averaging indeed has to be selected before that happens.

Well I just had a big fucking bug blow my shit right up. I lit my 5 dense invar boilers going into my titanium turbine and MV dynamo as I have been for the last week to recharge my HV battery box, and after about 10 minutes I realized that my batteries were not charging. The boilers were all right at the normal range on the guage, distilled water was fine, but no power was being generated. I picked up the dynamo and saw the turbine was not turning. Picked up the turbine and put it back down, and still no turning. Then boom! all of the boilers exploded.

Are you sure your distilled was fine? What was the pipe running the Water made of? If it was wood and the Distilled Water Pipe burned then its 100% your fault for using Wood. And empty Boilers that dont have any Water will heat up until they melt down and release the remaining Pressure inside of them in form of an explosion.

From what you are telling me in your Post, Distilled Water was definitely NOT fine, as the Boilers did NOT get any of it. This can be seen by the Pressure Needles going to the Middle and stopping there, while no Steam is being generated and the Burning Boxes are still running.

GregTech Website

• Ah yeah thats because the system somewhat makes sure that both sides are connected. And when I thought about it I also did the strong power to Opaque Block thingy. Also performance wise its better to use the Torches at the Endpoint instead of mid wire.

GregTech Website

• I don't know where else to go with this, since GT doesn't appear to have a Github linked anywehre for issues.

but everytime i just try to launch a custom pack with GT, it throws this mod sorting error: https://pastebin.com/UPR4jncS

here are all mods:

x7WcOEs.png

if i remove gregtech it works comepletly fine.

any idea what i did wrong?

• Did you read the Install Instructions? https://gregtech.overminddl1.com/1.7.10/

GregTech Website