[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Ok, just making sure that it doesn't need 4 like making the material books do. I wonder how many days you have to run the bedrock drill for to get ~210 impure piles of bedrock dust you need?

Depends on how much power you can manage to insert. That rating is RU/p not RU/t.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Depends on how much power you can manage to insert. That rating is RU/p not RU/t.

Ahh, so if you do use an iridium gearbox you can split the packets down and put the full 8k from a gas turbine into it? Still... going to get tens of thousands of ore in the process of getting the adamantium. Whew.

• I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• I just had a strange thing happen: I've had my setup of invar boilers using distilled water for some time now to drive my MV dynamo to make power. I finally got a battery box built and used it to buffer the power and run my electrolyzer to process a bunch of yellow limonite I melted in the smelter. Just as it finished, I realized oh shit, the dynamo actually stopped producing power because I ran out of distilled water! I quickly quenched the burning boxes before they blew. This is a closed loop mind you, with the condensed steam from the turbine being recycled back into the distilled water barrels. After refilling the barrels from the dryer, I tried to restart the dynamo only to find that it wouldn't work. It seems this was due to some calcification that magically formed in one of the boilers. Weird, right?

Oh, also I found a porcelain cup in a GT dungeon. It appears to hold only 250 mL. What are these for? They also have no recipe.

• I just had a strange thing happen: I've had my setup of invar boilers using distilled water for some time now to drive my MV dynamo to make power. I finally got a battery box built and used it to buffer the power and run my electrolyzer to process a bunch of yellow limonite I melted in the smelter. Just as it finished, I realized oh shit, the dynamo actually stopped producing power because I ran out of distilled water! I quickly quenched the burning boxes before they blew. This is a closed loop mind you, with the condensed steam from the turbine being recycled back into the distilled water barrels. After refilling the barrels from the dryer, I tried to restart the dynamo only to find that it wouldn't work. It seems this was due to some calcification that magically formed in one of the boilers. Weird, right?

Oh, also I found a porcelain cup in a GT dungeon. It appears to hold only 250 mL. What are these for? They also have no recipe.

Porcelain Cups currently dont really have a Recipe yet, they are basically like Glass Bottles for drinking stuff out of them with Style.

Calcification doesn't form in Boilers unless you use regular Water soooooo, did you manage to get regular Water into the loop without knowing? Also what about Pressure Valves for unstable Setups?, those exist for a reason.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website

• I don't think there's any way I could have gotten normal water into the system. Like I said, it's a closed loop between some barrels to hold the distilled water, and the boilers, and returning from the turbines. With another input from the dryer. No need for pressure valves since the boilers produce less steam than the steel turbine can handle. This has all been running fine for the last week or three.

And what the fsck? I just made tungsten carbide foil extruder mold to make more circuits only to find that it doesn't work on copper. It appears it can only extrude foil wax and plastic. WTF?! Back to the damn cluster mill I guess... argh.

• Yep, Foil Extruding doesn't work with Metals. You are supposed to use the Clustermills, I wont just make them obsolete!

GregTech Website

• Say, why can't silicon dioxide be smelted into molten sio2 and electrolyzed to liberate the silicon rather than carbon in the crucible?

And why the hardon for the cluster mill? The rolling and bending mills becomes obsolete once you have an extruder. The wire mill is no longer needed to make wires, but for some reason you still need it to make fine wire.

• Hey Greg, did you actually read my acid washing analysis or just gloss over it? Because right now you can wash gold in either sulfuric or aqua regia, which is much harder, but you get both more gold, and more copper using sulfuric. That's got to be wrong.

• Hey Greg, did you actually read my acid washing analysis or just gloss over it? Because right now you can wash gold in either sulfuric or aqua regia, which is much harder, but you get both more gold, and more copper using sulfuric. That's got to be wrong.

As I said I will take a look at the Acid Stuff again, why do you think did i say that I will take a look :P

GregTech Website

• Am I on drugs? I am in my creative world trying to measure how much faster an ic2exp cropmatron makes crops grow. I placed an HV battery box and stuffed it with 4 HV batteries, connected to an HV-MV transformer, connected directly to an MV-LV transformer, then tried to place a 4x tin cable from that transformer to the cropmatron and crop harvester, and the cable burns. WTF? The output of an MV-LV transformer should only be 32 volts right?

• Am I on drugs? I am in my creative world trying to measure how much faster an ic2exp cropmatron makes crops grow. I placed an HV battery box and stuffed it with 4 HV batteries, connected to an HV-MV transformer, connected directly to an MV-LV transformer, then tried to place a 4x tin cable from that transformer to the cropmatron and crop harvester, and the cable burns. WTF? The output of an MV-LV transformer should only be 32 volts right?

Remember how Transformers try to fill themselves up to their max? And how IC2 Machines dont really consume all that much Power? Guess what happened.

GregTech Website

• Remember how Transformers try to fill themselves up to their max? And how IC2 Machines dont really consume all that much Power? Guess what happened

I don't follow. I'm sure I've run a setup like this before without issue. The transformer will fill itself up and try to output up to 4 amps @ 32 volts. The IC2 machine can only take one amp can't it? Even if it did take all 4 amps, the 4x tin cable could still handle that. Under no circumstances should the transformer send 256 volts.

• Oh, wait, I think I normally just use copper cables anyhow instead of bothering with tin. That works. So this actually has nothing to do with it being an IC2 machine then does it? The transformer will fill its internal buffer than try to put out 64 volts when a machine switches on, and tin can only handle 32. The cable could still burn with a GT machine when it first switches on... oh wait, only the first tick will be 64 volts, and there is a very small tolerance the cables have before they actually burn isn't there?

• Yea, I just checked it with a GT motor... the tin cable burns there too. So basically transformers actually do put out mMax voltage instead of mRec... at least as long as their input can supply them with all the power they can draw. So I guess the lesson is: never use tin or gold or another cable that can't go to mMax off of a transformer without a battery box to bring the voltage back down to mRec.

Shoot... I was planning on using a step up transformer to take my HV battery box and run it around my base over aluminum cable at EV, but that will burn up. Damnit.

Strange... just tested the aluminum cable and it doesn't burn up. I guess this doesn't happen with transformers in reverse mode.

The post was edited 2 times, last by psusi ().

• Greg, whenever you'll come around to implementing nuclear reactors, will you just add thermal reactors (IC2 style, that can only burn U235) or will you also add fast reactors designs (the ones that can burn U238, Plutonium, Thorium, and basically any atom/isotope heavier that Pb)?

• If the Transformer cannot emit all Power it will keep it, and then the next tick you get a second package which then doubles the content of the Transformer, and that higher voltage packet melts the Cable.

And damn there is so much screwed up stuff in the implementation of Power that I did and cannot fix anymore without screwing everyone...

GregTech Website

• As for Reactors, they will only do HU.

GregTech Website