[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Try slapping it on the front or back of the engine, the sides dont take covers. And ofcourse use Extenders if you need to use the sides for something else.

So the tag will block the KU output or EU input unless you use a universal extender and apply the tag to that instead? Odd.. I forgot you could already use the screwdriver to select the exact output power of the engines before you added the tags to the motors.

I had something odd happen today with IC2 crops. I was breeding up more melons and I got an odd looking plant instead. The first time I harvested it, I got raw chicken! The next time I got pink dye. Another plant gave me peanuts. I ate just two peanuts and got the resistance buff. Is that supposed to happen after only two?

• So the tag will block the KU output or EU input unless you use a universal extender and apply the tag to that instead

No it will not, Covers do not block any access anymore like they did in GT5. And if you usea Selector Tag you dont need to insert redstone to that side unlike several other covers so it is fine.

And yeah Nuts do that.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• I just noticed a bug with GT hoppers: I had a hopper with one open slot left and an electrolyzer started dropping sodium dust onto it. The first dust it sucked up, but then there were no more empty slots. Additional sodium dust fell onto the hopper and it refused to suck it up even though it could stack just fine with the one that was already in there.

• For sucking Items there has to be an Empty Slot in order to take the Stack in one go. This is more of a security Measure to prevent Item Duplication.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website

• It looks like when you changed vitriol electrolysis to output sulfuric acid, you also lowered it from MV to LV tier. Was this intentional?

It went from autogenerated to manually added, so i guess yes.

GregTech Website

• Post by Bratzi ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves: Figured it out by myself ().
  • I can't seem to get hydrochloric acid (same problem with air) into my drums. They take about the amout thats in the pipe adjacent to it but not more.

Kinda makes sense that the gas won't just magically compress itself into the drum but this is pretty annoying.

I don't want to use the 3x3 tanks. Do i need to use electric pumps then? And do they need electricity?

I presume you used the cheap Drums that cant handle Acid? I would like to know what exactly happened there. ^^

GregTech Website

• I think he's seeing what I mentioned a while back about gas drums not being able to make up their mind whether to output up or down. Wrench them so they won't auto output and see if they fill up then.

Pam's fish trap bait takes 1 string and 3 fish to make 8 in the crafting table, but the mixer only gives 4.

Oh, and Pam's adds a bunch of different fish that self craft into generic fish. Could you add those to the generifier?

The post was edited 1 time, last by psusi ().

• I think he's seeing what I mentioned a while back about gas drums not being able to make up their mind whether to output up or down. Wrench them so they won't auto output and see if they fill up then.

Pam's fish trap bait takes 1 string and 3 fish to make 8 in the crafting table, but the mixer only gives 4.

Oh, and Pam's adds a bunch of different fish that self craft into generic fish. Could you add those to the generifier?

But the Drums dont default to auto-output, surely he would have noticed that,

As for the Bait, are you sure? Because it gave only 4 for me when I tested it last time.

And Generifier for Fish seems okay enough. Sure.

GregTech Website

• As for the Bait, are you sure? Because it gave only 4 for me when I tested it last time.

It's giving me 8. Not sure if that is something Bear did though; sources on the Internet claim it gives 8 and others say 4. I can say that if it takes 3 fish to make 4 bait, it's frigging useless.

Also damnit.... apparently a hopper will suck the bait out of the trap as well, and you can't put an item filter cover on the top of the hopper to stop that.

• It's giving me 8. Not sure if that is something Bear did though; sources on the Internet claim it gives 8 and others say 4. I can say that if it takes 3 fish to make 4 bait, it's frigging useless.

Also damnit.... apparently a hopper will suck the bait out of the trap as well, and you can't put an item filter cover on the top of the hopper to stop that.

Wait you cant put an item filter ontop of the hopper to stop it? are you really 100% sure?

GregTech Website

• Yea, the filter will not place on the hopper, even with shift+click. Does that new retriever thing work with non GT machines?

The Hopper is gonna be fixed tomorrow, and yes the Retriever works with any Inventory.

GregTech Website

• I just shredded a bunch of pyerite with an underpowered bronze shredder ( just a single dense invar boiler ) and it seemed to spend more time waiting to dump the output into the dust funnel than actually shredding.

• I just shredded a bunch of pyerite with an underpowered bronze shredder ( just a single dense invar boiler ) and it seemed to spend more time waiting to dump the output into the dust funnel than actually shredding.

Did you put a hopper inbetween? Or something to catch all Items?

GregTech Website

• Did you put a hopper inbetween? Or something to catch all Items?

Why do you need a hopper as a go between? Shouldn't the dust funnel be able ot accept dusts as fast as the shredder can throw them in? And shouldn't the shredder be trying to push the dust immediately?

• The Shredder doesn't push immediately if its output gets blocked, that's to prevent lag.

Also Release https://www.patreon.com/posts/28346622

GregTech Website

• I presume you used the cheap Drums that cant handle Acid? I would like to know what exactly happened there. ^^

No, I didn't. I read the tooltips! :D

However I have put the stainless st. drum below and above the HCl Pipe. With no effect.

A few minutes later I realized that I haven't tried to put the drum on the same height aka next to the pipe- which worked. That's why i deleted the post.

I think it was on auto-output. Is that why putting it above does not work?

Why does putting it below not work? Because HCl is lighter than air?

I found workarounds but I don't really understand the drums and their behaviour completely.