[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Hey Greg,
    I want to request something which might be a little bit of work.

You are overiding a bunch of recipes,
    could you add a config option which makes it possible to choose which form of dust the Player will get from maceration, pulverization e.g? The some for ingots!
    Implied the Player uses the "unificatortargets" of course.

My problem is, I still get different types of ingots from using native clusters and any form of ore dust in a furnace.

This new kind of unification would only work for supported mods I presume.

The config options for the dust unification could be:
    1 default - currently handled
    2 moddefault - uses the mods own dusts
    3 gregtech - uses gregtech dust always (also as a result in pulverizer!)
    4 MODNAME - uses the dusts from the mod named here

For the ingot unification the options could look like follows:
    1 default - currently handled
    2 MODNAME - uses the mods ingots you named here

I would love a possibility like this because I don't like the way Thermal Expansion "dusts", ingots and ores look.

By the way, is there a possibility one could choose only one kind of e.g. copper to generate without disabling the single options in the other mods? Because this would deminish the amount of, in this case copper, in the world.
    The option which kind of copper to generate could be a config option as well.
    I know there is a thread about this in here but I am no modder, so could you or somebody else have look at this?

I would really a appreciate that.

(P.S: you did not implement any ferrous dust, in case you just missed.)

• Fun Activity #3784b

1. Place Pump over the middle of an ocean.
    2. Apply Multiple Energy cells and Quantum Tank
    3. Place spot loader in Pump but no where else
    4 ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?
    5. DERPY PROFIT!!!!

• You missed MANY things, like the Advanced Config for example, which enables you to choose every Ore in particular. And I added "Ferrurous Dust" even before KingLemming, its called "Nickel Dust". Also the smelting of all Dusts gets overridden automatically, so you can't get the wrong thing from it (unless you talk about my strange, but much easier than looking up obfuscation, way of preventing other Mods from smelting things, which require the Blast Furnace, by adding a smelting Recipe from the Dust into the same Dust again).

I currently didnt add automatic support for all the smelting Recipes, but I will make a similar hack like I formerly used for Thermal Expansions Machines for the regular smelting as well.

SirusKing : Yes, that's a very Fun activity. However its not Thermal Expansions fault and neither my fault, as its clearly the BC-Pump, which can reach that overpowered speeds at 100MJ/t.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• SirusKing : Yes, that's a very Fun activity. However its not Thermal Expansions fault and neither my fault, as its clearly the BC-Pump, which can reach that overpowered speeds at 100MJ/t.

I meant the part where it leaves lots of random Holes underwater that dont update >.<
    *Wishes that Quantum tank/chest kept inventory when Wrenched*

• I fine the I.D.S.U Is useless almost as useless as the adjustable storage unit but at least they have an okayish output even though they store 100mil EU power. The problem with the I.D.S.U is not just the output so if you changed it to even 10k it's more about adjusting the power output but also adjusting the packet output. This might be to challenging for a programmer to do but it be amazing have a proper transformer like an adjustable one. Where I could say you know what output 5120 in 160 packets (32 eu/t)

The IDSU is far from useless. It's really nice for setting up a teleporter network. For example my bee breeding outpost is connected to my main base via teleporters. With the IDSU I can simply hook that teleporter up to my fusion reactor and don't have to worry about maintaining a power station at the outpost.
    I do however agree on the bad storage/output ratio.
    There is another block in GregTec that has the same problem: the LESU. That thing really should have a giant troll face as it's texture.
    WTF are we supposed to use the LESU for? This EU storage block is so incredibly bad in just about every aspect: the output is extremely low, it's very expensive with regards to the small storage capacity and it takes a lot of space.
    For one stack of Lapis you get 1 million storage and 1 EU/t output.
    Maybe I'm missing something important about this block, but I don't see why I would ever want to use that block. (except for decoration)
    If I would want to replace an MFSU with an LESU I would need more than 500 stacks of lapis to build enough of them in order to be able to get the same output. Granted - I would then have a storage capacity of half a billion EU, but that's completely useless when I can only extract that EU at a rate of 512 EU/t.
    I love the concept of the LESU, but imo it's really underpowered.

• Hey Greg, I'm a huge fan of your mod. You add so much more to IC2 and give it a lot of challenging new features. Thanks so much!

Quick question though, are you planning on adding something to the game that uses the massive EU players can create with your mod? I mean realistically, by the time anyone can make a fusion reactor they've already built a powerful enough system for the production of UU matter. I love all the varied power generation systems your mod adds, I'm just at a loss of what to do with it all besides make more UU matter.

Also, concerning exploding workrooms. My blast furnace has lava inside it, which increases the heat level so I can make tungsten. I was pretty sure this is an intended feature but I'm concerned proximity to lava will ignite my blast furnace block and chain react my entire base into a crater. Any idea if this is possible? I once had lava inside glass container and it would occasionally light nearby wood on fire, not sure if the machine casing blocks would prevent such a thing from happening to my machines.

• Since many of the substances in this mod are in the liquid registry, is it possible to pull them out of a cell and pump them through BC waterproof pipes or RP liquid pipes and into tanks, or directly into machines that make use of them? Say, gaseous methane or gaseous hydrogen?

• Since many of the substances in this mod are in the liquid registry, is it possible to pull them out of a cell and pump them through BC waterproof pipes or RP liquid pipes and into tanks, or directly into machines that make use of them? Say, gaseous methane or gaseous hydrogen?

Yes, I guess. Try using liquiducts, they are better than both the pipes you said previously.

Yeah, it works just fine. I suggest getting the liquid out of the cell via TE's liquid transposer, since you get to keep the cells at the cost of some power.
    The gas turbine will accept raw methane and hydrogen, and you can even use gaseous methane in a railcraft liquid boiler. You can store every liquid and gas of Gregs, too.

• I love the concept of the LESU, but imo it's really underpowered.

Yep. I think it wouldn't without Sapphire and Ruby ^^ (because no one want to spend diamond). Wait ... so we've to make sapphire and ruby very useful for something else than lapotrons! ^^. I mean: ruby is already useful to get Chrome, but Lapis would need something more ... does a recette involving Sapphire and Berilium already exist ? If yes, why not making berylium useful for advanced tech ? I'm pretty sure it has interesting properties ;)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Yeah, it works just fine. I suggest getting the liquid out of the cell via TE's liquid transposer, since you get to keep the cells at the cost of some power.
    The gas turbine will accept raw methane and hydrogen, and you can even use gaseous methane in a railcraft liquid boiler. You can store every liquid and gas of Gregs, too.

Excellent. I've never used Thermal Expansion before, but this is a good enough reason. Thanks.

• V2.82b:
    Just a quick hotfix for the 2 Problems, and I added another Donator to the internal Capelist.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Hey guys, i had an idea that could potentially solve the default reaction in FTB of just sprinting to the nether and pumping all the lava out of it.
    What if instead of a silly 1 block lava furnace, You need to make a multiblock structure that would go over a heating chamber that would heat water and convert it into RailCraft steam. That way, it's less of a no-brainer of if you want to use it.
    Just my two cents after all.

• Hey guys, i had an idea that could potentially solve the default reaction in FTB of just sprinting to the nether and pumping all the lava out of it.

What if instead of a silly 1 block lava furnace, You need to make a multiblock structure that would go over a heating chamber that would heat water and convert it into RailCraft steam. That way, it's less of a no-brainer of if you want to use it.
    Just my two cents after all.

I think you might be in the wrong mod thread. Gregtech adds the thermal generator, a cheap upgrade to the geothermal which makes lava power even more efficient and attractive to new players.

• I understand that, What puzzles me, is that it seems to go against all convention that is laid down by the mod, maybe i'm missing something.

• Well the the device you described is exactly what a railcraft steam boiler is. Can't those run on lava and do the same thing?

In fact they cannot run on lava, which was; according to the creator, intentional.

• In fact they cannot run on lava, which was; according to the creator, intentional.

They CAN run on Lava. But only the SOLID Fueled ones. Its intentional that they are no LIQUID Boilerfuels. And when you are in the Nether you could just put down a Blaze-Boiler, like Direwolf just built.

GregTech Website