Support request : Wiring Solarpanels to a batbox

• My setup:

Problem is that the left flower doesn't send any energy into the box. The right one works just fine 5EU/t. Replacing/Resetting the cables and restarting the game doesn't work. Am I missing a wiring rule?

• Yes, the cables on the left have a total length of 5, while the cables on the right have a length of 4. The cables with the length of 5 have a resistance of 1.0, while the cables with a length of 4 have a resistance of 0.8 (rounded down to 0.0)

Solar panels output 1 Eu/tick. This is NOT combined with the other solar pannels, so the 5 cables always are enough to totally eat the 1Eu each tick. Reduce the cable length by one, or

• 1) Maybe the BatBox isnt in the right direction
    2) Copper insulated cables lose 1 EU at every 5 cables. The thing is all the solar panels give of 1 EU/t and also at over 5 cables distance from the batbox.

• 1) Maybe the BatBox isnt in the right direction
    2) Copper insulated cables lose 1 EU at every 5 cables. The thing is all the solar panels give of 1 EU/t and also at over 5 cables distance from the batbox.

0: You got Ninjaed
    1: That wont matter, because he checked the box manually. If you were, say, unable to look at the power stored in a Batbox, that would be possible however.
    2: See 0

• Thanks! Still used to IC1 switch cables. Since I found some 26 Diamonds in the giant cavesystem near my base I just replaced the five coppercables with glass fibre. It looks stylish and it works :)

• That setup is still pretty inefficient. You could cut out half of those cables. Check the solar panel thread in the Electrical Engineering subforum, it's possible to place the panels very compact now.

• Use the new tin cables. They shock you, but they're perfect for solars

Actually, it seems like solars is the ONLY thing they are good for. They tolerate EU up to 3 EU/s, and have a resistance of 0.001 EU/block, which makes it possible to make them run for 1000 (!!) blocks before losing energy. That makes for some huge solar farms.

• Actually, it seems like solars is the ONLY thing they are good for. They tolerate EU up to 3 EU/s, and have a resistance of 0.001 EU/block, which makes it possible to make them run for 1000 (!!) blocks before losing energy. That makes for some huge solar farms.

Not exactly :), it means that every branch of ULC-Wire can only support 3 Solarpanels; you'd still need normal cable to lead it into the batbox/MFE.

• but you can't pain those cables, and thus you can't create nice flat solar arrays ._.

Cutiemark crusaders - engineers, Yay!
    Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.