[Suggestion] Some Items worth More Scrap

• Simply put, some items are more valuable than others. Therefore, these more-valuable items should produce more/be more likely to produce scrap in a Recycler.

For example, if you dumped in Tin Dust it would produce more scrap than, say, cobblestone, and the extra scrap can be used either in scrap boxes or a massfab to get other useful items.

In short, it would allow transmutation of what you have a lot of (tin, copper) into other stuff you have little of (iron) at a large trade disadvantage.

Alternatively, the valuable items could be fed directly into a massfab amplifier slot with a custom amplifier amount, similar to how scrapboxes are worth 9x as much as individual scrap.

• Sure, makes sense. Would it be easy to code?

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• The thing I currently like so much about recycling is that it works with everything, from every mod, the same way. If we were to have weighted recycling, we could only give weights != 1 to vanilla and IC items. Also, you usually only recycle leaves, dirt, cobblestone... stuff that you don't need and that's not worth a ton anyway.

I'd rather see a way to do something specifically designed for making scrap. Something that needs a little extra work but yields more scrap. Something like "dirt + cobblestone + gravel + sticky resin = 1 scrap for sure", give or take some maceration, extraction etc. on the way. I don't know, but it's sound fishy to me to have 4 scrap because I gave it a diamond.

I could also imagine an upgrade module that logarithmically/asymptotically increases scrapping chances in a recycler.

• Don't agree with this, in the end Scrap is scrap, waste, something useless that you don't need. Placing a Diamond or something of equal value its a stupid endevour yes, but not for that reason it should give more scrap. Because after all, the Recycler main purpose is of getting rid of stuff that you don't need anymore and its only consuming space and as a side product if you are lucky it will give you some scrap back.

At best the only thing i could give to you its that complex items (Like machines), should probably give a little more scrap (Read: Probably). And with little i mean less than 3-5.

Oh, and Code wise it may be easy to do, but you have to insert the "Weight" value MANUALLY for EVERY SINGLE ITEM in vainilla and IC2, and you may have to make a list of every item for easy viewing and then assign a value to each item on that list that seems "Fair" AND THEN you have to code the value for every single item. Its something that may take from hours to days. (See EE for example)

Oh2, you would need to redo the recycler a little so it may read these "Weight" values and change its operation accordingly to that value.

Because after all, the Recycler main purpose is of getting rid of stuff that you don't need anymore and its only consuming space and as a side product if you are lucky it will give you some scrap back.

If its main purpose is getting rid of useless stuff, it still has other purposes, and you can't just throw them away.
    Because, sometimes, the only source of slime for you are scrap boxes, sometimes you use it for extra energy, most of the time for UMM anyways, but still.

• Official Post

IC Recycling != EE EMC (or TC Vis)

My Recyclingpriorites are:

RP-Alloyfurnace for the Metals
    TC-Crucible for Dirt, Gravel, Gems, Viscrystals and i also gave Tungsten a high Visvalue
    IC²-Generator for wooden Stuff and Scaffolds
    IC²-Recycler for Cobble, TC-Lowvalue-Artifacts and RP-Rubbertreesaplings
    Tubestuff-Terminator if the 7 Recyclers are massively overflowing (yes i improved my Factory, since the recent Worlddownload of the GregTower2)

Since i have all those Possibilities, i no longer need advanced Recycling.

• Not THAT related, but in the old IC description The Allmighty Dragonlord Modderator Alblaka said something like (If you want me to tell you the exact words, give me a copy of the old Minecraftforum IC1 OP! The thread for this is in the IC-section) "If you don't get scrap, throw in some valuable stuff instead of your dirt". As I said, these are not the exact words, but he made me recycle my diamonds : ). So, he had this idea before anyone else but didn't implement it.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.