Forge 3.4.9.171 and Industrial Craft 2 1.97 don't work!

• How many of you have had this problem? 7

1. Nope, mine works squeaky clean. (5) 71%
    2. Yes, mine has that problem. (1) 14%
    3. Mine works, but it has problems. (1) 14%
    4. Mine gives me a crash report. (Please upload it to this thread!) (0) 0%

I just installed Minecraft Forge 3.4.9.171 and Industrial Craft 1.97 and it Minecraft doesn't work! It doesn't crash, it just gets stuck on the "Mojang" logo. It might work/give a crash report on a PC, but I decided to use a Mac just because it is easier to unpack .jar files, etc. I'm going to try to find out what version of Minecraft Forge was DIRECTLY before it. I don't know what version it is yet, but I'll try and find out. But if one of you could help me, that would be nice! ;) AND DON'T TELL ME THAT I SHOULDN'T BE USING THE VERY LATEST FORGE BECAUSE IT MIGHT BE UNSTABLE, it is even in the recommended tab. I figured that if they put it there so quickly it must be some sort of miracle work of the Forge team, but because I believe in them, I went for it. Please help!

Aha, I installed ID Resolver (which needed GUI API and Robinton's 4096 ID fix) and ran minecraft and snagged the image in the attachments tab! Maybe i shouldn't have installed the 4096 ID because Forge already has it... but I was getting mixed signals from minecraftforge.net and the Minecraft Forums ID Resolver thread (http://www.minecraftforum.net/…-125id-resolver-update-2/) so I just got it. I probably have to start over with modding... I should really start backing up my worlds. ;)

Well, I found out like two days ago that it works fine on pc. I'm even using Parallels Desktop and it works okay (I don't have that much memory to begin with, and Parallels is only allowed half). But I have to have Internet Explorer closed on start up or it crashes. But anyway, I just wrote this to say that this thread is turning into a Mac only bug report thread, so

PLEASE DO NOT ANWSER THE POLL UNLESS YOU HAVE A MAC!!!:cursing:

• forge 164 makes machines upsidedown and stops the work of energyflow

forge 171 has the exact same issue as 164

forge 152 is the only version that makes machines work, though NEI server can't use it.

EDIT: These problems are only SMP

• Forge 171 does not have the 164 issue if you use the FMLServerHandler fix on the support section's sticky.

Also, missing isGenMineableReplaceable is a CLEAR sign of using ID Resolver, which due to its dependency on the old 4096 fix, is incompatible with Forge right now. ShaRose and Lex have worked out some details into merging it, but I don't know where did that go really.

• Forge 171 does not have the 164 issue if you use the FMLServerHandler fix on the support section's sticky.

Also, missing isGenMineableReplaceable is a CLEAR sign of using ID Resolver, which due to its dependency on the old 4096 fix, is incompatible with Forge right now. ShaRose and Lex have worked out some details into merging it, but I don't know where did that go really.

Could you be really nice and link? I can't seem to find it.

• People, people when are you going to learn you :cursing: that Mac is not made for games ``MinecraftNotch i agree``
    The last forge 3.4.9.171 is the most stable.
    If you had problems with it is only because you're worth paying attention to what your doing.
    The difference between a Mac and normal pc is that if that mac has no upgrades for the components unlike a normal pc i ' m referring at the ram, video card and all that stuff so suck to be you if your playing on a Mac that is made only for business purposes.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CwNunRaxsI