[Question] The Pump->Geothermal-Code is wasting Lava, is that intended?

• Official Post

I recently found out that the IC²-Pump, when used in conjunction with Geothermals, is able to produce 30000EU instead of 20000EU.

So i took a look at the Code, to proof it, and found out that, if the Geothermal Generator is nearly full, the Pump still inserts Lava into the Geothermal Generator, and that the overflown Lava is lost forever!

Also there is a small mistake in the returnvalue of the same Function (deliverLavaToGeo), which is theoretically enabling infinite Energy, from one Geothermal Generator! (Even when its nearly impracticable)

Is that intended?

Btw, why is the Pump checking for Insertiontargets under it? Isnt there supposed to be Water/Lava? Nvm, i forgot, that the Miner can use adjacent Pumps.

• I though something fishy was going on with my Geo/Pumps.
    This explains why its been eating so much lava.

Gah! my heart hurts from all that lost potential power.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• Im using a grid of 6 geo generators attatched to pumps and they just keep eating lava!

Is there a way to stop my redpower pumps when my geo/pump are full?

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• Official Post

Im using a grid of 6 geo generators attatched to pumps and they just keep eating lava!

Is there a way to stop my redpower pumps when my geo/pump are full?

Only Engineering. You need Timers, which precicely giving the Geothermals Input, or better:

Fill the Geothermals all with Lava until they are Full, and then disable the RP-Pump and let the Energy flow from your Geothermals to your Massfab/MFSU by reconnecting the Splittercable.

• Or, you could use a detector cable, in combination with a batbox set to emit redstone when full, to tell the pump to activate whenever the geogen is empty and the batbox isn't full.
    BTW, if you do it right, you don't lose a single eu :D
    There is an example attached.
    This setup only pulls in lava whenever there is a demand for eu, and the geogen isn't already going.
    P.s. there is a torch underneath the pump, and I hate using timers. too laggy and unreliable.

• Its not the only coding issue in Industrial Craft. The energy net has errors too. Hence why it took them so long to track down what was causing, and still is causing in some extreme circumstances, the ghosting bug.

• Official Post

Its not the only coding issue in Industrial Craft. The energy net has errors too. Hence why it took them so long to track down what was causing, and still is causing in some extreme circumstances, the ghosting bug.

They fixed it in minutes, but they didnt release the fix.

I'm still waiting for a Devs say about this geothermal Bug, to know if its (going to be) fixed.

• well considering that most mods have to re write there code for 1.3.2, i wouldn't be surprised if they "did it right"(not implying ic2 was poorly coded). and the issue would just "disappear" yeah know?

• well considering that most mods have to re write there code for 1.3.2, i wouldn't be surprised if they "did it right"(not implying ic2 was poorly coded). and the issue would just "disappear" yeah know?

What? I'm pretty certain you could say this to every support request out there and it would be equally true.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Official Post

Since no Dev is relplying to this and since i have the decompiled Source, i have moreless good news for you.

Its partially fixed.
    That means after the Pump filled all (instead of just one like in the old Version) surrounding Geothermals, it will begin to waste Power, but its better than nothing as you still get the 30000 EU instead of 20000.