CASUC reactor melting HV cable

• I made a reactor that is ice cooled by using EE2 and redpower, it's got the maximun number of chambers and 7 slots filled with ice, all the others are uranium. Every time i use HV cable on it, it evaporates, so how am i supposed to get the power out of it?

• Put an HV transformer right next to the reactor, making sure the 3 dotted face is pointed towards the reactor. Then you can use Glass Fibre cable to transmit the energy with very little loss.

• If it produces over 2048EU/t you might want to add another HV-transformer, otherwise anything over 2048EU/t is wasted.

• Related question, the wiki tells me "It can handle a maximum of one conversion per tick" does this mean I need 4 512 cables coming out of the HV to avoid power loss?

• the HV cable melts because it can only take 2048EU packages, but the ones your reactor produces are higher. for some reason that effect doesn't apply to the HV-transformer, so use that one instead.
    Hagop: the number of packages doesn't matter for a cable, only the size of those packages is relevant. it's different for the transformer though. they can only transmit as much EU/t as their higher side is, so only 2048EU can pass a HV-transformer per t. if you need a higher output use mutliple transformer in a parallel setup.