Nuclear reactor 1.105 speculation.

• For those of you that don't look at the blog.
    (Link to blog post)

And the image I am referring too
    (Link to image)

With the rework of the nuclear reactors it appears we will be getting a new set of item's. I would like to see if you guys have any ideas what these new items might be.

So far the only items i can speculate on is what appears to be double and quad coolant and uranium cells.
    Also it seems like we are getting a new personal safe model.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• Did you also see what looks like a new alloy on the bottom row of the image? Possibly a new item to make these new components. I like the idea of quad-uranium and coolant cells, but did you see the top right most item? Some items apparently now stack in reactors, unthinkable!

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Did you also see what looks like a new alloy on the bottom row of the image? Possibly a new item to make these new components. I like the idea of quad-uranium and coolant cells, but did you see the top right most item? Some items apparently now stack in reactors, unthinkable!

Ooh i didn't see the new alloy, and the stacked item kind of looks like a small lava cell, what do you think?

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• Ooh i didn't see the new alloy, and the stacked item kind of looks like a small lava cell, what do you think?

That was actually my first thought as well, maybe a new way of heating up a reactor?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Official Post

For those of you that don't look at the blog.

Awww, Alblaka just edited it in. Last time i looked, that wasnt in this Post.

Look at the new Personal Safe, it looks a bit like made out of the Craftingtable-III-Model.

Any why do you hype about stackable Reactorcomponents? The only stackable thing there is that tiny Lavacell-like thingy.

• looks like reactor components will include tiers and energy transportation.

also i personally dont see any reason to disallow stacking of full\empty components, handling method for this will take single static hashmap and extremely simple handling code with only 2 checks: stack size and metadata.

also few mods for 132 implement custom item inventory render, that allow to render item's HP bar without using damage value at all, by removing NBTtag on full\empty item we automatically make it stackable.

• Any why do you hype about stackable Reactorcomponents? The only stackable thing there is that tiny Lavacell-like thingy.

That was what I was saying, I don't think any of the other parts will be stackable.

• Well, Plates and one of the heat switches are stackable... because their stacksize does not affect their functionality (they don't have heat-damage values).
    The Heating Cells do stack AND increase their effect upon being stacked.

Heating cells sound like a nice addition, just to clarify, are breeder reactors still going to be used? your image didn't have any near depleted isotope cells or re-enriched uranium cells.

Alblaka says:

• Yep, Breeders still work. Though I've replaced the "x2 Breeding for every 3000 heat" with "+1 Breeding for every 3000 heat", since new components can permit your reactor to survive way past 30k heat.
    (My current best reactor can breed ~16 Depleted cells with a single uranium)

Sounds good, are you going to be writing another explanation about how the new system works similar to This or is it going to be another "Here you go, now experiment!" like with agriculture?

Alblaka says:

• Official Post

I hope that the chance for getting depleted Cells is now much lower, as it would permit infinite Uranium!

Either you missunderstood me or don't know how breeding works.

I was referring to 1 Uranium being consumed to enrich 16 cells of depleted uranium.
    Depleted Uranium is still created with a 25% chance upon Uranium running dry or by turning 1 Uranium into 8 depleted.

Which means you can turn 3 Raw Uranium into 16 Uranium Cells (which cannot be used to convert 1:8 depleted again, since they're uranium cells, not raw uranium ingots).
    That's definitely not "infinite Uranium", merely 'a lot of'. Which again is a buff to Nuclear and could help turning it into the endgame power source.

Sounds good, are you going to be writing another explanation about how the new system works similar to This or is it going to be another "Here you go, now experiment!" like with agriculture?

I've made a perfect detailed sheet of instructions :3 But because I'm mean, I will not hand it to ya :O

• Official Post

Either you missunderstood me or don't know how breeding works.

Bah! I did the Math a little bit wrong (I just calculated too fast). But that's still a serious MEGA-BUFF, i bet there will be people, who complain about OP-ness.

which cannot be used to convert 1:8 depleted again

I'm aware of that.

• I'm curious, is the way the new reactor system going to be so fundementaly different that current reactor designs are going to break? (Or explode)
    Or are you just adding more toy's for us to play with?

Alblaka says: