Alternative source of recycle fodder?

• Finally made it work... Filler+miningwells generate pipes at a price of 50 mj/pipe. Procesing them at recyclers and mass fab takes 45 + 166000/34/8 = 655 eu/pipe. So, you can fulfill need for junk by spending just 1/6 of your energy on it (at 2mj/5eu ratio).

Price of setup is minimal, and you can get more pipes by increasing mj that you give to filler and wells. Just make sure that filler gets more energy than wells, even if just by a tiny bit. It can be done by adding stone conductive pipe to wells wiring. With one filler, you can get maximum of 64 pipes/second, which is enough to feed 2000 eu/t mass fab.

I use MFFS here to keep filler green. There is exactly only block of forcefield in filler area, and this is enough, regardless of filler speed. Force energy consume is minimal, one full load of bluewhateverthingie is enough for over three years of real time.

If you don't have mffs, but have turtles (or any other block breaker), you can tune system to have wells getting tiny bit more energy than filler, and put block breaker somewhere in the middle as regulator (Fig.2). But it requires much finer tuning.

• baturinsky, you see me speechless. May I reward you the honorary medal of HAYO (which originally is not mine to give, but I stole the blueprints and made a copy out of UU-Matter, so anyways). This is so frickin' awesome! :D

EDIT:

Hey, but I got another idea: your problem with fine-tuning was because the mining wells should not extend beyond the filler area and the filler should not run out of work, right? If you're using the portal gun mod you could give the wells plenty of energy, but shut them off once their pipes reach a certain length, using the thermal discouragement beam emitter + catcher from portalgun to detect this. Might be easier? I'm itching to use the discouragement beam to detect something but haven't found a good application yet ^^

• Official Post

That setup can be improved by simply making mining wells try digging straight into MFFS fields (with block cutter upgrade).
    It will spam 20 mining pipes (in item form) per second per well (if fully powered). You can collect it either with RP transposers or anything else you can think.
    Tested with MFFS (immibis ones) + RP2 transposer + BC mining well + fully overclocked recycler (20 operations per second).

• Yeah, the filler is kind of annoying that way...

But what happens if you give the wells enough energy to let them try to drill into bedrock (good luck, wells) while the filler cuts of...
    ah, waitaminute. You still got to collect the pipes. Damn, I want redpower updated badly... ;) Although you maybe could suck the dropping pipes out of the air with powered obsidian pipes, but this method feels very crude ^^ yours seems better.

• That setup can be improved by simply making mining wells try digging straight into MFFS fields (with block cutter upgrade).

Either I'm doing something wrong, or forcefields with breaker upgrade don't drop blocks anymore. I assume you use old 1.2.5 version?

As for wells digging into bedrock, problem is, they turn off completely then, just like filler do when they run out of work. Same when they run into forcefield or IC safe.

And yes, I tried placing bedrock or safes on cleaning Filler's way. It skips over bedrock and destroys safes. With content disappearing.

• I've always just taken my mining laser and a lappack into a mystcraft world(How is that mod held in this community respect wise, by the way?) and gone trigger happy. I don't consider it that OP since the mining laser can take up quite a bit of EU in the way I use it.

• I've always just taken my mining laser and a lappack into a mystcraft world(How is that mod held in this community respect wise, by the way?) and gone trigger happy. I don't consider it that OP since the mining laser can take up quite a bit of EU in the way I use it.

While it does provide pretty much unlimited resources, it doesn't give them in a cheap way like EE, in the sense that you still have to go out and get the materials, plus it does let everyone nuke the hell out of do whatever they want in their own worlds without interfering with other player's works, but it could stand to be a little more balanced on the costs of books and other related items.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• While it does provide pretty much unlimited resources, it doesn't give them in a cheap way like EE, in the sense that you still have to go out and get the materials, plus it does let everyone nuke the hell out of do whatever they want in their own worlds without interfering with other player's works, but it could stand to be a little more balanced on the costs of books and other related items.

MystCraft has more expensive books planned, and has been planned for a long time. Current releases are more focused on instability and getting the mod working before overhauling crafting of linking books and descriptive books. The Link Modifier block is a example of this, really. All of the features it provides will be supplied by crafting your linking books differently. And when it is overhauled, you'll need to work MUCH harder to write ages which don't fall apart around you, or even learn new symbols. But it's not in yet, so enjoy the easy usage for now.

As for what to use for scrap generation, I suggest scaffolding. Unless you use GregTech, you get 16 of them from two logs, with wood to spare. About as much sticks as you would get from a whole 2 logs(one log makes four planks, two planks make four sticks, thus eight planks make 16 sticks), but they can be used in a scrap farm(IIRC).
    If you have Forestry and don't have Extra Bees(the addon, I mean), spare drones are oddly effective with short lived but high fertility bees.(something one has to breed really, or use Extra Bees for Marbeled Bees, but again, it adds uses for useless bees in the form of Liquid Bee DNA, which is used in it's devices for cool things)

Apprentice Redstoner, Professional Slacker

Edited once, last by YX33A: Oh yeah, on topic stuff ().

• Sand, like in duplicating glitch sand? I thought that doesn't work anymore?

I don't know if it still works, but earlier in the thread I posted this

Well, for the less moral people out there, there are always other ways ...

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Official Post

Lol, you need just one single Redstone-Repeater to fix a Sand-Dupe-Machine.

Well, while looking for videos i saw pretty complicated setups (for redstone douches) that uses detector rails and such. Whatever if it is easy or not, i wouldn't use it as it is as cheaty as a mod almost everyone knows. EE2/3