Self maintaining breeder

• For those looking for a low-maintainance breeder design:

The design heats itself up 57k heat and hovers there reguardless of whether it is dormant or actively recharging.
    It can charge upto 4 cells in roughly 8 minutes 40 seconds.

Be warned though, while 57k is just below the stone melting temp. it is still high enough to hurt, so interact with it at maximum range.

• Nice! I may start actually using a breeder with a design this easy.
    Never got into it before due to how !@#%!@#! difficult the things were to heat up and use.

• Required amount of copper is TOO DAMN HIGH, i have no idea how i will make these heating cells, anyway nice design.

...its not like i have an idea on how Alblaka mind works...

-
    It has tiny stupid what below?... A RATING SYSTEM! here goes my face :Advanced Furnace: cmon it is even transparent you can't be serious.

• Required amount of copper is TOO DAMN HIGH, i have no idea how i will make these heating cells, anyway nice design.

dude, are you using your macerators, me and my wife started over for testing and we're at t2 tech, and I got copper coming out of my nose, so much so that I'm only macerating what I need. (and I even have iron chests, and make the copper chests to lighten the iron usage)

• Official Post

minor optimitzation: put a core heat exchanger in 3 of the 4 corners at the component heat vents. (exactly 60 cooling)
    Also Set up the heating in a line:

57Heat => 60K coolant => component heat ex. => core heat ex <= component heat ex. <= 60 k coolant <= 57 heat. => 72 heat can be generated this way, to 57k

Then toss out all the reactor vents. => 5 slots emptied.

• That setup is lame, I think.
    I use 2 last columns for reactor heat vent, 5 slots for recharging and everything else filled with plating. running on 71,5k heat. hovever, as recharging is freaking fast, I usually miss some seconds and temp drops below 70k, so I use quad uranium for 2-10 secs. I recharged almost halfstack of uranium, I wouldn't even dream of this in 1.2.5
    However, as buckets are disabled, I dunno, how to deal with extreme heat.

• no its not lame, even so its not as fast as yours, it will keep its heat forever, and you will only need to insert some uranium and isotopcells to start the breeding, when the cells are finsihed they will stay inside the breeder

yes your design is fast but
    mistaqur did one for 75k heat also did i....
    they are even faster considering that you would get about 4 uranium every 6,4 miuntes

Change the scheme, alter the mood. Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

[b][i][u][url=' [url='http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7745']HAYO CORP: Nuclear Power (FREE: Reactor Blueprints)

• @oggyIt: How low would you price the ability to use one uranium cell to charge upto 76 isotope cells?

Gorni: I would of done that, but for the moment it's unwise to place reactor exchangers in a possition before any type of plating.

@slider: While this design doesn't push the temperature 'To teh max!1', it has an enphisis on convenience. This design will keep its heat after it has initcially warmed up, no need to 'top up' the heat, no need to quickly put in some cooling because it got too hot. It's ready to go as and when it's needed to.

@oggyIt: How low would you price the ability to use one uranium cell to charge upto 76 isotope cells?

Well i do not dare to say that this design is bad since i can just throw my stuff in it and get more of it. So i am trowing all of my copper in it as well as my hopes in it. Set up few miners to mine copper faster. And myself i mine with low focus lazer since i have no copper for new drill. MinecraftGhast

And yes i am using 3 manual macerators to increase the amount of my materials :)
    also raided stronghold so got 5 stack of iron fence i mean that bars not ingots.

and at least i have any kind of goal right now and don't know what i'll do after finishing this one :whistling:
    just finished all elements except heating cells... approximately 2454 copper remaining to build heating cells, i hope those are permanent investment :rolleyes:

...its not like i have an idea on how Alblaka mind works...

-
    It has tiny stupid what below?... A RATING SYSTEM! here goes my face :Advanced Furnace: cmon it is even transparent you can't be serious.

• no its not lame, even so its not as fast as yours, it will keep its heat forever, and you will only need to insert some uranium and isotopcells to start the breeding, when the cells are finsihed they will stay inside the breeder

yes your design is fast but
    mistaqur did one for 75k heat also did i....
    they are even faster considering that you would get about 4 uranium every 6,4 miuntes

There is one thing, which I lost in a process - investment costs. covering reactor insides with plating is FRIGGIN copper-taking, It takes about a stack of copper blocks for everything, including the reactor. (I had around 20 copperblock stacks, but still, alot). I am going to work on less-demanding, maybe 16 cells charging at a time on much lower heat.
    You know, Having SO many platings and all uranium recharged (stacks of re-enriched cells) you feel like a total idiot twice - you have no need for breeder for a REALLY long time, and you have tons of (now)worthless platings. Shit, I want a recepie to recycle them X_X

• ok.. is there something wrong with breeders?
    I get 4 depleted uranium from a reactor run in the test world so I make the design in the OP to test that out. Fast forward a while until i'm looking at around 57k heat on the (nuclear control) display.
    Anyway, load up the uranium, (crafted from freshly NEI'd components) let it run for half an hour and see nothing.. zero progress on the nearly depleted cells.

• I hate to be the guy that upstages people (wait, what am I talking about? I love being that guy!)

Maintains heat at 64k heat (because reactors are a little bugged ATM) and charges 4 cells in 476 seconds, or just barely less than 8 minutes. Also maintains the heat at that level at all times. You need two cooling cells because it'll output twice the heating, and it needs to be higher than the cooling of the cooling system (which outputs 60). If reactors were supposed to function this way, then you could ditch the cooling cells entirely and have the healing cells adjacent to the reactor exchanger and add more plates, but in the correct design (see below in my edit) you'll only get 50 points of cooling from 1 contact with the correct stack size and the reactor would cool off when not in use.

EDIT: This will be the correct design when reactors are fixed. 50 cells will maintain the reactor at 83.33...% heat, which is barely below the limit before stuff starts melting (by at least 1k heat though, so no real risk of problems). Right now, 64 cells is maintaining the reactor at 64k heat, when what it *should* be doing is burning up the cooling cells and breaking the heat maintaining system.

Edited 2 times, last by Xirema: Added information ().

• You must use Depleted Isotope Cell, not Near-depleted Uranium Cell

Wow.. i'm just having a derpy kind of week apparently, thanks.

edit: there, re-built the reactor. (recently forcefully vacated IC2 from the less than 255 Block ID zone, had to wipe the test world) It already looks more like the pic. (Gee! Imagine that!) The one downside to that design is the heatup phase takes a while. Wonder if I can substitute quad cells for the heating cells to speed things up. (incoming crater possibly?)