Killing us man

• btw CARC or SUPREME or CASUC Mk2
    can achieve up to 4360eu/t thats much more then you would get for the best CASUC in last version,

For five minutes, until you run out of lapis.

also you can make a efficient 60k Coolingcell cycle to Cooldown the near melting Coolingcells...
    and that with an eff of 5,45 instead of 4.xx

2,725 eff. You should divide by two when comparing new to old effectivity.

btw the new Reactors are witgh this method more close to reallive Reactors, only that you don't push water around and you don't produce energy by pushing it around...

How so? New reactor has little with real reactors. It has some similar-named parts, but they are used for completely different purposes. Reflectors are used only to start reactions. Cooling is done by water, not by some magic "vents". "Heating cells" and "plating" are unheard of.

btw you can change the reactorouput on your system via the config file....

It will not make them more fun or more realistic.

Edit: also the pure reactor is WAY cheaper then the old one,
    just spam some cooling reactors and a breeder and you have your 4360eu/t reactor

Reactors don't cool components anymore, you will need chests full of coppers and other ingots to make vents.

• Someone should just make another mod which adds an IReactorComponent with properties similar to ice and a machine to create that component from water supplied by adjacent pump or snowballs.

• For five minutes, until you run out of lapis.

Did you expect that much energy production to be cheap?

Reactors don't cool components anymore, you will need chests full of coppers and other ingots to make vents.

You are either missing his point, or are not aware of what he is talking about.

A cooling reactor is a single-chamber reactor with a pile of coolant fans, designed to rapidly eliminate heat from components. Basically, you transfer high-heat items the cooling reactor to cool them off, then shoot them back when done. It can all be set up with Logistics Pipes to automate it. Since the cooling reactor has no uranium in it, all of its coolant output can be used to cool inserted components.

So use coolant cells, switch them out when the components get close to melting, and repeat the process.

CASUC was an exploit, pure and simple. It's like using EE2 to produce FreeStuff(tm) by doing things like Darkrooms, Cow/Mooshroom Milkers, or any of the other rapid production of renewable resources to harvest for massive EMC gain tricks. I'm not sorry to see it go. Moreso when you can get an even higher EU/Tic by Doing It Right(tm).

• yep exactly this is what i meant
    and if you are not satisfied with your 5.45 eff(2.225) then doulbe the uotput in config
    and you get a eff of 10.9(5.45) and output of over.. wait not that much but still so much that you need more than 4 transformers....
    8720eu/t

and i have a example of a CSCR in my thread....

Change the scheme, alter the mood. Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

[b][i][u][url=' [url='http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7745']HAYO CORP: Nuclear Power (FREE: Reactor Blueprints)

• Did you expect that much energy production to be cheap?

I expect people to stop mentioning condensers or any design that employs them.

You are either missing his point, or are not aware of what he is talking about.
    A cooling reactor is a single-chamber reactor with a pile of coolant fans, designed to rapidly eliminate heat from components. Basically, you transfer high-heat items the cooling reactor to cool them off, then shoot them back when done. It can all be set up with Logistics Pipes to automate it. Since the cooling reactor has no uranium in it, all of its coolant output can be used to cool inserted components.

Chambers are cheap. Vents costs a lot. You can count yourself, but i think it costs several chests of copper, iron and gold to make enough vents to cool of 4keu/t reactor. And i think it is simpler to just make several identical reactors, microcycled if necessary, instead of moving cooling cells around.

CASUC was an exploit, pure and simple. It's like using EE2 to produce FreeStuff(tm) by doing things like Darkrooms, Cow/Mooshroom Milkers, or any of the other rapid production of renewable resources to harvest for massive EMC gain tricks. I'm not sorry to see it go. Moreso when you can get an even higher EU/Tic by Doing It Right(tm).

Keyword - "renewable". You can't make uranium from energy or otherwise. Actually, nuclear reactors (along with geoterms) was ONLY NON-exploitable generators.

• I expect people to stop mentioning condensers or any design that employs them.

Wait... you expect people to STOP talking about new reactor component parts that are a part of the new mechanics of nuclear technology... in the Nuclear Engineering Forum? Umm... yea. Good luck with that.

Besides, what precisely do you USE Lapis on? I end up with diamond chests FULL of the stuff. This gives me a way to make a reactor that is even BETTER than CASUC was, AND stop having to feed lapis to my recyclers AT THE SAME TIME! Double-plus WIN!

Chambers are cheap. Vents costs a lot. You can count yourself, but i think it costs several chests of copper, iron and gold to make enough vents to cool of 4keu/t reactor. And i think it is simpler to just make several identical reactors, microcycled if necessary, instead of moving cooling cells around.

And you don't have several chests of copper lying around? I generally do. And this is also precisely why you spread the cooling capability out among several single-chamber reactors... that way it's not an iron and gold sink.

Keyword - "renewable". You can't make uranium from energy or otherwise. Actually, nuclear reactors (along with geoterms) was ONLY NON-exploitable generators.

Really? I guess my solar flowers were just a figment of my imagination then? CASUC was an exploit. Cry about it all you like, but you won't find any sympathy here.

• Meh its a kinda pointless discussion. The facts dont lie. Overal reactors got quite a big buff as you can already see in my topic. 420 eu/tick mark 1 reactors are possible for instance. The costs per eu/tick are much better than before. Further breeding is much easier and everyone can use it now without having to babysit and this more than compensate the halved efficiency.

I might try to make a condensator reactor and see how effective it will be. Dunno if it will be competitive with the other designs.

• i know, it's not the most rewarding job to be the smart ass, but someone has to do it!
    efficiency has nothing to do with your output, but with how often your uranium cells pulse per tick. therefore it's unreasonable to half the eff-rating cause the output of a uranium cell was halfed, since both are unrelated and it would not reflect reality (calling it eff 2 when the cell pulses 4 times is not reasonable).
    and that we will reach the point where everything is researched and everyone who posts a new design will get flamed cause there is a more efficient way to build it is a fact. there will be more variety than before, but there will always be a best for every category. by that time we will probably get the next overhaul for nuclear reactors :D
    i sometimes miss the old times where we just threw refined uranium bars into our reactor and everything worked.

• i think the reactors moved in the right direction in some ways, and not in others.

-i'd like to see the passive cooling restored to the reactor, even if it is a set value. nothing stores heat with 100% efficiency. If my reactor can store heat indefinitely even while empty, then i want my induction furnace to do the same.
    -i wouldn't mind seeing reactors converted to steam...but IC2 needs to be able to stand alone. sounds like a variant when RC is installed. this could also double as a cooling system in which the more water you dump, the more steam you could produce, but it also cools the reactor.
    -i'm torn on the piping items. it gives reactors a feel of realism and complexity, but once again IC2 needs to be able to stand alone.
    -i really don't care for the ability to keep heat off the hull and store it only in components, especially when i find that it is a highly effective design. But with the hull not passively self-cooling anymore, why should i bother with transferring heat to the hull anyway.
    -i like the fallout from exploded reactors
    -i like that the reactor now defaults to "off." having to scramble to restore a redstone signal because of a single misplaced bucket of water got old.
    -i think there isn't a good component to move heat between the hull and components fast enough for higher end reactors. it throws off my temperature readings and judgement when i turn the reactor off and the hull temp is still rising because the hull is trying to catch up(or vice versa). this can result in a reactor that was shut down blowing up a short time (10+ sec) later. i think this makes the reactors more volatile.
    -i don't like the heat exchangers. heat disperses naturally, and can be aided. i shouldn't have to rely on a component to move heat.
    -i think the reactor image is slow to update. a reactor can go from cold to boom in a matter of seconds, why does it take 8-10 seconds for the flames and smoke to start. (not sure if this can be fixed) i use nuclear control for much of my scram-codes, but as a standalone mod, you have no real way of knowing how much heat you have and where quickly.

this is my imput towards the reactors. i enjoy useing them, and i enjoy their successes (and failures). However, i think the system could use another overhaul.

• i don't want to upra(de)grade to this shiny windows 8 design, :P

my Mfsu doesnt need a integrated NR for better usability.
    also it improves next to nothing in eu output or safety.

Change the scheme, alter the mood. Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

[b][i][u][url=' [url='http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7745']HAYO CORP: Nuclear Power (FREE: Reactor Blueprints)

• XP---->Vista----->Windows 7
    -----------^
    we are here with reactors right now.

The fallacy with this is that it assumes that any of the above operating systems are worth installing.

Quite frankly, I like the new reactor designs. You can produce more Eu out of a reactor from a Mk. I, assuming you want to fork over the resources. CASUC needed to die in a fire anyways.

Once RP2 comes out, I will be working on finalizing the DDoS system to see just how practical it really is.

• The fallacy with this is that it assumes that any of the above operating systems are worth installing.

Quite frankly, I like the new reactor designs. You can produce more Eu out of a reactor from a Mk. I, assuming you want to fork over the resources. CASUC needed to die in a fire anyways.

Once RP2 comes out, I will be working on finalizing the DDoS system to see just how practical it really is.

Well aside from vista they are worth installing

Reactor revamp was nice but it needs some more balancing (not by nerfing but by buffing) so that all the components are being used and not just the overclocked vents.

• Me, because it's fun.

And all the other IC2 engineers. This is Minecraft. There is nothing more true to the game than massively overcomplicated but awesome construction projects.

Vanilla MC gave us Creepers, to knock holes in our walls (and ourselves), to destroy all the wonderful things we had spent so much time running around and building, and to mess up our day in the mines. And though by now they may seem mundane threats, they seem that way because we learned how to manage them, and they became less threatening and more exploitable (Gunpowder -> TNT -> 8o)
    IC2 gives us nuclear reactors, which must be engineered carefully, or they will carefully engineer your house, the land around your house, and most likely your face as well :D:cursing: Until you learn how to manage them. When you learn how to manage them, they become much less threatening and much more exploitable (UNLIMITED POWAR!)(more or less:P)

It wouldn't be Minecraft if there were no creative and overly expensive solutions to otherwise mundane problems.

• CASUC needed to die in a fire anyways.

Why would you say this? As noted above, CASUCs were the closest to real reactors we've had in this game. Real reactors use external cooling which is almost always water or water-based. Personally I'm with the guy before who wants the reactor to be a high-power water->steam converter and then have steam run to a turbine or set of turbines to actually generate power. Obviously the piping issue does make this a problem to do standalone at this time, but they sure make a hell of a lot more sense than self-contained reactors using vents and manually-refilled magic coolants. As Morbo would say, REACTORS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

IMO the basic ideas of making the nuclear reactors more powerful and requiring more parts was right, but the way this was implemented was absurd. External cooling is mandatory for useful power-generating reactors in reality, so why invent all the silliness that is current-gen IC2 reactor cooling rather than just doing it right?

• Well, steam reactor is one step closer to reality, however the steam generated is proportional to power output not heat output.

Dota 2 player at SEA server.

For me nothing is OP. It just a mod for fun and I'm playing it for fun. Unless it created items from nothing. Automining not included, neither do in case of self replicating machine. However GregTech is still good, so:

GregTech Documentation Task Force Needed!

• Why would you say this? As noted above, CASUCs were the closest to real reactors we've had in this game

Yes, they were, but Nuclear Reactors received an overhaul because people were not using them as they were intended to be used; they were meant to be something that you would actually have to plan out (hence the Reactor Planner) and keep an eye on if you wanted any high power generation, instead people got 2000+ EU/t out of 1 reactor using the exact same design as everyone else. CASUCs (CAMUCS?) do still technically exist in the way of the lapiz and redstone cooling mechanisms, and with UU-Matter in core IC2 (Not talking GregTech here, that changes a whole lot of things pertinent to this discussion), it is possible to make a major profit from Uranium cells in excess of what the old CASUCS could do, but with a lot more engineering and danger involved.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l