Reactor Planner for v1.106

• Okay, so here's the first apperance of the planner for the new reactor system:

Woo Hoo! *click*

Needless to say, the old design codes will not work on this one ;)

Things to note:

Bugs! (as of v1.106
    - Dual/Quad uranium cells in-game currently expire twice/four-times as fast, the planner will assume they run for their intented duration.
    - Heat Exchangers placed in a possition where it is processed before /any/ type of plating will work with incorrect values. At worst this could lead to exchangers melting in game when the planner says they shouldn't.
    - Exchagers dealing with tiny amounts of heat (1 to 2% of maximum) will sometimes add a few points of heat to the reactor, this is minor and won't lead to any explosions but it may extend the cooling time just a little bit.

New bits
    - A new yellow component indicator will now highlight items that the planner assumes will be replaced (for Condensator, Reflectors and Isotope cells) and will also highlight Vents that arn't cooling as much as they could.
    - The two numbers next to 'Vent cooling' means: Actual cooling (Maximum cooling)
    - The long forgotten 'Efficiency Rating' has made an appearance, ranging from 'EE' (Efficiency 1) to 'EA*' (Efficiency 7)

• Official Post

- Heat Exchangers placed in a possition where it is processed before /any/ type of plating will work with incorrect values. At worst this could lead to exchangers melting in game when the planner says they shouldn't.
    - Exchagers dealing with tiny amounts of heat (1 to 2% of maximum) will sometimes add a few points of heat to the reactor, this is minor and won't lead to any explosions but it may extend the cooling time just a little bit.

Thats, why i used the IC²-API for my own Reactorplanner. :D

But, It's much easier to make an Ingamereactorplanner, than an Onlineversion so, nice Job.

• A couple updates:
    - The timing slider has been re-enabled, allowing you to limit the generation time of a design, the cooldown time will adjust accoringly.
    - 'SUC' info pane repurposed, it now displays Condensator and replaced components info.

• There seems to be a major bug: I calculated a design having 264 cooling, yet it claims that there is only 260.

Edit: I missed the part about spreadvents not being consistent about cooling.

A Rock Raider trained as an Engineer, among other things.

• Could a "core transfer" field be added in the info panel, along the lines of the Vent Cooling stat? Listing the total heat extracted from the hull (by heat exchangers and heat vents) and the total possible (since exchangers can opt to use less than their maximum).

I know this would be a more awkward statistic (since heat exchangers can also transfer heat *into* the hull, and I dunno how you'd want to integrate that), but it would be a very very helpful one to me. It's partly for making breeders (since they seem to have greater stability when balanced around core transfer than around cooling), but also just for general reactor design.

• Another nice option would be the chance to view the status of the reactor at different points in time, so we could get a more thorough look at what components might melt and in which order, or what state the components would be in at a given point in time.

• I daren't realease that monstrocity out into the wild, it's got more jury-rigged and patched in code than planned code, heh. The damned thing really needs a re-write now that the system has changed quite a bit. :P