[Suggestion] The Manufactorum

• Rationale: As industry chugs forward, it becomes more and more efficient with new innovations. The difference between your first Machine Block and one made by a Macerator>Electric Furnacex2>AutoCrafter chain is a trade-off between increased efficiency (less time+materials) and initial investment. The Manufactorum is just that: at the cost of additional time, energy and resources, the crafting process makes another leap in efficiency.

The Block:
    The Manufactorum has the following recipe:

:Refined Iron::Bronze Shovel::Refined Iron:
    :Rubber Trampoline::Rubber Trampoline::Rubber Trampoline:
    :Electronic Circuit::Advanced Machine::Electronic Circuit:

Where :Bronze Shovel: is a piston and :Advanced Machine: is a Machine Block

The basic operation of the Manufactorum is as follows: for 10 seconds at 16eu/t (3200eu per operation), the Manufactorum will output one crafted good. The bad news is that the type of item to be produced requires a Template Chip (discussed below), and the Manufactorum can only handle a single Chip at a time. The good news is that the Manufactorum will craft the item with less materials.

The end result is that, for a modest investment of materials and energy, you can create an automated chain which (roughly) doubles your output. Pretty Hayoish if you ask me.

The Template Chip:
    In order to produce the required good, Steve has to program in the right requirements. By simply crafting together the desired good and an electronic circuit, Steve will produce a Template Chip which uses up the circuit but leaves behind the item. If, for some reason, you don't want your Stick Template Chip anymore, simply place it in a crafting bench to wipe the memory and receive a regular circuit again.

• I don't know if I'm getting this right... What operation exactly will this machine do? Crafting is already free... Is that a crafting table with a chance to consume less resources but energy instead? This sounds like something we could achieve already by making UUM resources.

• IC2 isn't a "Automation" mod (Despite what morons thinks, IC2 its a tech mod) , so forget it.

Second the name sounds kinda stupid so thats an extra no for me.

And finally third, you talk too much without actually talking, since after reading a few times i still don't get whats the joke of the machine and how will it work.

• IC2 isn't a "Automation" mod (Despite what morons thinks, IC2 its a tech mod) , so forget it.

sigh

Second the name sounds kinda stupid so thats an extra no for me.

lol, k

And finally third, you talk too much without actually talking, since after reading a few times i still don't get whats the joke of the machine and how will it work.

Perhaps you type too much without reading? You put in a certain amount of resources (less than you'd normally need to craft the item), and at the cost of energy, it spits out the crafted item. Take an electronic circuit, for example. Steve, on his own, bashing his blocky little hands against a Crafting Bench, is probably not the most efficient circuit maker. A single-purpose machine would probably do the job with less waste, allowing less resources to be used. End of story, point à la ligne.

• Can manufactorum craft titans?

And if it can craft titans, could be possible craft imperator class titans or it will need more than one manufactorum?

• I like the Idea of "Using Energy to craft in a more efficient way", since I've got it years ago.
    I guess it has not to be an automatic Crafting Table, just a more efficient one. But it should cost a lot of EU (More like 25 000 per crafts) and shouldn't make you craft 2 items instead of one, but just having a random chance to make more than the current numbers of items products with the craft.
    The point why I'm supporting this, is that in my minds, each "Manufactorum", as you named it, could just craft one type of items. And it should be high-cost too, in order to increase commercial exchange in MP. It also should be similar to the way Fortune works. For that aim, each "Manufactorum" or others names you want to give it would have a GUI that could save ONE config of Items (as I'll describe it later) to be selected with a special Items included in the craft of the machine)

Moreover, it wouldn't be available for all types of crafts: it should be something like :
    Armor and tools: (Bronze, Iron, Gold and Composite) -Chance of giving 2 Items instead of one: 25 %
    Electronics Component: Circuits, Cable, Battery -Chance of giving you more items: 15%
    Carbon Components : (Raw Carbon Mesh etc ...) Chance of giving you more Items: 10 % (as it can be used on Carbon Fiber THEN Raw Carbon Mesh)
    Etc ...

Of course, the more a craft is complicated, the less you've chance to get more than the normal loots from it. This is why it's not working for all Tier 2 Items.
    And crafts with machines would get a very low chance of giving you several Items: less than 5%.

Craft of the "Manufactorum":

:Advanced Circuit: :Mining Laser: :Advanced Circuit:

:Energy Crystal: :Rubber Log: :Energy Crystal:

:Advanced Machine: :Force Field: :Advanced Machine:

Where all is what it seems to be except:
    :Rubber Log: =Crafting Table

:Force Field: = The "special component" that make your Manufactorum able to craft one type of Item.

:Energy Crystal: Could be Lapotron is someone think this recipe is too cheap.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

Edited once, last by MatLaPatate ().

• So manufawatchmacallit = Mass Fabricator?

After all you just feed energy to the mass fabricator to create UU Matter to create a whole sort of materials that you can use to create whatever you can create in a craft table.

They way i see it, your manushit its just a poor man Mass Fabricator that its actually better than the mass fabricator itself. No thank you.

P.S: I loveHate? the way matt always hijacks a suggestion and re-does it like it was his own..

• I was sure you'll answer that, and I've nothing to answer it, except that would be better only for a few things: crafting Bronze Armor with could be a good Idea, but assuming you couldn't get machines from it ...
    And if you want to make it less OP, let replace the cost in EU by 50 000*Numbers of items in the craft (so max 450 000, what already make you 2 UUM with scraps).
    And it could be a weapons against automation, because player would have to make it themselves.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Can manufactorum craft titans?

Nope, because that would be Heresy.

So manufawatchmacallit = Mass Fabricator?

After all you just feed energy to the mass fabricator to create UU Matter to create a whole sort of materials that you can use to create whatever you can create in a craft table.

They way i see it, your manushit its just a poor man Mass Fabricator that its actually better than the mass fabricator itself. No thank you.

Manushit? DOOOOH-HO-HO-HO, comedy genius right here!

• I was sure you'll answer that, and I've nothing to answer it, except that would be better only for a few things: crafting Bronze Armor with could be a good Idea, but assuming you couldn't get machines from it ...
    And if you want to make it less OP, let replace the cost in EU by 50 000*Numbers of items in the craft (so max 450 000, what already make you 2 UUM with scraps).
    And it could be a weapons against automation, because player would have to make it themselves.

I wasn't talking about "Your" idea, i was talking about OP ones. In fact, assume i never ever talk about any of yours ideas.

• ok, my turn to give my two cents

I like the idea personally, since I love make utopias
    however I think there should be some changes,
    one, eu consume should be configurable
    two, it should be like a furnace where a craft takes x amount of seconds
    three, since it's not clear what you mean by "more efficient crafting table", it should have a random chance to not use up each of the materials

I think the idea is very logical, after all robotic hands would cause alot less waste then steve and his hammer and saw :P

• So manufawatchmacallit = Mass Fabricator?

This. It has no function except replacing crafting materials with energy, and that's what an MF does. If we had a cost of 50kEU "per item needed", very expensive items would be laughably cheap (i.e. MFSU for <0.5MEU?!)

This is almost the same as a replicator. It doesn't add anything new, if you ask me.

• Alright so either I don't understand exactly what this suggestion does or some of the people in this thread don't.

Correct me if I'm missing something but this suggestion appears to be a sort of powered crafting table that if supplied with the materials to construct a given item and power, it will consume less parts than if you used a standard crafting table. Ex: Put in 6 copper cable, 2 redstone and 1 refined iron and get a circuit, 3 copper cable and 1 redstone. This seems like a reasonably good idea. Not necessarily something for core IC2 but at least a decent mod.

Also, if making Titans would be heresy, how about lasguns? I could always use more lasguns.

• all the trolls and flamers that say this is like a mass fab might as well say:
    "a solar panel is just like a wind mill, because you set it up, walk away and it makes eu, we should get rid of it"

• So if crafted by using your hands and tools you waste 25% of the resources, with the use of a machine that 25% will be used/returned in the form of more raw materials/products?

Anyway at least tell me that it can craft XV81 crisis battlesuits.

• >Oh hey lets make a diamond block!
    >Critical Assemble!
    >Fuck yeah only cost 8 diamonds! Now im gonna make that block into diamonds!
    >Critical Assemble!
    >Double Fuck yeah it didn't consume the diamond block hahaha suckers.
    >Rinse and repeat with many many other "Circular" Recipes.

Hey is this crushed yet? I wanna go play now. kthxbye.