New wire that can be used in homes

• Hello IC2 forum, and before everything else, i DID use the search bar. Lots of terms and nothing like what im thinking showed up. So, here it goes.

We all now how awesome it would be to use luminators to light our houses. The problem is the wiring. It is space consuming and ugly. So i suggest the Wall-Wire.

This is a wire, crafted with TIN (not sure about the recipe). It can only hold Ultra low, or low voltage (?), and when placed on a block, it would have the same visual effect has string, occupies no space (maybe by giving that block the "EU flow" data?), and it would allow EU to flow trough that block, so that we can wire up our houses!

another thing, if we remove the wire without cutters, we will receive only some of the resources used to craft it.

It is pretty much it... simple, yet useful, has a torch next to a luminator makes no sence at all.

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• Quote from The WIKI

As of 1.70, CF can cover & harden around a placed cable, creating a block that functions as a cable but looks like a CF wall. When a "CF-cable" block is destroyed, it drops the cable it was created with.

Construction Foam :P

Quote from Viper8797

has a torch next to a luminator makes no sence at all.

Oh and don't confuse IC2 luminators with RP2 ones ;)

• As much as construction foam is awesome, its not the same thing. Seing a white line crossing your house is a bit... weird. Even painted doesnt looks like the same

And cf can be expensive for beginners.

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• I know its not but its a solution to the problem. You're solution just feels a bit "too easy" at solving it, well in my opinion anyway.

I think the point is you start of with an ugly but working house at the beginning anyway, then when you get time later on you start making it look nicer. :P

As of 1.70, CF can cover & harden around a placed cable, creating a block that functions as a cable but looks like a CF wall. When a "CF-cable" block is destroyed, it drops the cable it was created with.

As of 1.70

*goes to main page*

IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.106! (For Minecraft 1.3.2)

v1.106

Huh?
    1.70?

• At some point in 1.2.5 IC2 and RP I thought, that covers and mini-blocks could be used with cables - what a disapointment it was.
    There are some solutions -
    1) making our own covers (IC2)
    2) making luminars with gui for bats
    3) your solution

I think, wiring even like this - would be a pain in the ass, as destroying some wire can quickly turn your house into a horror house
    Why won't we make luminators with gui for bat and make it unresponding, unless we use wrench?

And by the way..don't lamps kill CPU anymore?

• I have redpower (or i had in 1.2.5) and i didn't used covers because they still take up space.

This idea would be a wire that occupies no space, having the downside of UL current a huge EU loss

• Huh?
    1.70?

Yes, 1.70... Idiot

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to call anyone idiot if they deserve it. Deal with it.

Construction Foam was the response to "Hiding" wire and the such since its the only "Decorative" block it have.

If you don't use it, its your loss, i don't see why the devs should bother re-adding some way to hide wires. And CF its in no way "Expensive" if you use it properly with scaffolds and the sprayer.

Edit: Also wires that occupy no space are impossible with vainilla blocks and blocks from any other mod.

• Whats the fun if reactors can't make a crater when they explode?

With very blast resistance it mean your regular type of explosions from creepers and TNT. And if you don't encase your reactors (If they are somewhere nearby your home or any important construction)in at least 5 layers of Reinforced stone then you are a moron and should feel bad about...

• Check out the new wire from the GregTech addon. Its the size of a full block. All you have to do is edit its texture to whatever you want and it will blend right in.

• Check out the new wire from the GregTech addon. Its the size of a full block. All you have to do is edit its texture to whatever you want and it will blend right in.

Ohhh snap!

Guess this means I have to use his add-on now... lol... :P

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• ...Hang on, I know I'm behind on the times, but you still can place a luminator on a wire, yes? Like, bare wire(no CF hiding it), and it ends up flush against the edge of the block which the wire is in?
    That's how I used luminators. I had wires INSIDE my walls, with parts sticking out so I could attach a luminator to it. Ends up being right against the walls, looks nice, no CF needed.
    Of course, this requires walls which are thicker then 1 block(about 3 thick in fact, 1 on the inside for wiring sandwiched between blocks on each side, assuming that there is a room on both sides of the wall).
    I admit it's not quite as nice as the ones which stick out, but those have to be recharged manually IIRC, which is a PITA.
    Though if it can be used without CF walls and still be recharged via a wire in the walls... I'd use that.

Apprentice Redstoner, Professional Slacker

• And if you don't encase your reactors (If they are somewhere nearby your home or any important construction)in at least 5 layers of Reinforced stone then you are a moron and should feel bad about...

Unless server config is altered, reactor explosion force is capped, so two layers of RS outside of melting range can contain any reactor. Or so it was in 1.2.5, at least.