[IC² 1.118][Universal] ChargePads v2.8.0 (build 93)

• Official Post

Pointless as there are many stuff to teleport energy.
    IDSU, tesseracts, tele pipes ...

I meant as a Charge pad version of the IDSU, like the one mentioned earlier.

• Introducing Charging Chests!
    These work just like the charge pads just they charge every IC2 item inside them!
    These charge much slower, but they charge every item inside them at the same rate (Provided they have power)
    It also shows a space for upgrades and fields but there is no slot for projectors (for obvious reasons) and items to power it as explained below. Certain fields may also not work.
    They will also draw energy from any energy storage ITEMS with power inside them if they are out of power. However if they have enough power from external sources they will charge the crystals instead. This is why there is no slot to charge with items.
    These work like normal chests for regular items, however each tier does not give extra space.
    The bottom row (Highlighted with red) will not draw power for anything placed in there. This is useful as it allows you to put energy storage items in there to be charged without having to worry about it drawing power from them.
    They also store 25% more power than a pad of the same tier due to the storage of the wires and circuits and the extra energy from the previous version. Note this is 25% of the storage amount of the same tiered pad, not 25% of the previous tier of chest.
    Crafting- Upgrade kits also work.
    Tier 1

Tier 2

Tier 3

Example chest layout- (Although the energy bar is smaller it still stores more energy)

• Introducing Charging Chests!

I was actually like what the actual fuck at first.... Then I thought about it.. And thought about it... AND I LOVE THE IDEA! Could do a lot of possible uses with including simple enderchest charging system for people who don't use logipipes and such.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• That's a crazy idea... and I like it. O_o Not sure I like the pad on top of the chest but that's just aesthetics... I'll think about it and see what I can come up with. :)

The shift to 1.5 is going to have to be dealt with first, since I'm shifting to custom rendering and it's going to be complete arse. :\

• That's a crazy idea... and I like it. O_o Not sure I like the pad on top of the chest but that's just aesthetics... I'll think about it and see what I can come up with. :)

The shift to 1.5 is going to have to be dealt with first, since I'm shifting to custom rendering and it's going to be complete arse. :\

take your time like always and will be here backing you up :)

• I think thats a awesome idea, however, I think 2 times insulated Gold Wire is better for that Recipe.

• I think thats a awesome idea, however, I think 2 times insulated Gold Wire is better for that Recipe.

Let me explain a bit about how these chests work...
    The chests use coils of wires on the sides of them to draw power from items and the charging pad on top to charge everything inside it...
    This uses the technology found in the pads, however on a much larger scale, that's why it charges slower.
    The bottom of the chest lacks the coils that's why items placed in there cannot lose charge.
    The coils themselves need at least some insulation so the charge doesn't go into the chest itself and kill you instantly, one side is cut in the crafting process so energy can enter the wires.
    Using double insulated wires would make it harder for it to charge without any benefits.
    There's some fake science for you...

• Make this work with iron chests too and I will have its babies.

You needn't spend all that much of your time working on charging chests. The power converter mod already beat you to the punch. With the universal charge. Any chest placed on top of it will function like that. Even enderchests. It'll work mike your charg pads to if you stand on it. But much slower and I'd expect your charging chests to be much faster to.
    You might want to see about making endercharging chests while your are working on them.

• Build #74 is the update for Minecraft v1.5.1 and the latest IC² v1.115-lf beta. You'll need a forge 7.7.1 build; I suggest 651+.

I also uploaded the fission pad update for 1.4.7 (build #72), for those people who haven't updated to 1.5.1, yet. There won't be any further releases or fixes for 1.4.7.

These latest builds have a new fission based charge pad that is more powerful than the Lapotronic, still classes as tier 3 but can be charged by placing uranium cells directly into the charging slot (since it's based around an IC2 nuclear reactor). There is no way to boost the speed of uranium energy production (if you want that, build a proper reactor!) but you'll never have to worry about overheating. The cells are depleted at the same rate as you'd expect from a reactor, so it's slow but constant, as opposed to an energy crystal which will discharge significantly quicker. You can also end up with depleted uranium cells when they're used up.

Additionally, the pads now support "sided" inventory management, so you can insert and remove whatever is in the charging slot (ie, batteries, crystals or uranium cells) automating things with appropriately advanced machines (e.g. factorization routers?).

Be warned, though: "abusing" a fission pad while it's processing uranium will be as explosive as you'd expect a nuclear reactor to be.

Fix-wise: efficiency upgrades now use the correct battery items and overclockers now boost rates properly (at peak, they bring a pad to just shy of the next level of pad)

Texture pack-wise: I provided a config file to the Soartex Unstitcher guys for ChargePads, so that should make unstitching for 1.5.1 significantly easier. :)

Enjoy!

• Nice this will be a good pad for my Space Station :)

• O_O, did you just give us a charge pad with a "built in" power source? that rocks!
    its great for the nether realm, or the twilight forest....prob even work well with Galacticraft.

• O_O, did you just give us a charge pad with a "built in" power source? that rocks!
    its great for the nether realm, or the twilight forest....prob even work well with Galacticraft.

It's not built-in, so much as you can now "pipe" items into the charging slot via automation, so that you don't have to have it hooked up to a cabled power source where it sits.

• Official Post

It's not built-in, so much as you can now "pipe" items into the charging slot via automation, so that you don't have to have it hooked up to a cabled power source where it sits.

Got a silly idea for built-in power source pads, which uses lava power.
    When placed, it will detect lava 2 blocks below it and in an area of 15x15. [maximum 225 lava sources]
    Every lava source in that area will generate 0.1 EU/t.
    In the nether that value is doubled.
    In the end that value is halved.

• It's not built-in, so much as you can now "pipe" items into the charging slot via automation, so that you don't have to have it hooked up to a cabled power source where it sits.

That is why "built in" is in quotes. not really built in per say but close enough.

• What's the difference between the projector upgrades? There's no documentation anywhere that I can find.

I did a ChargePads Tutorial back in 1.4.7 with my friend Greevir. It might help answer yours and other people's questions. I hope it helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XedE7qBKSsI

Love the mod too btw. I hope an EV chargepad finds its way in soon, if it hasn't already. I haven't tried a version since 1.4.7 :)

• What's the difference between the projector upgrades? There's no documentation anywhere that I can find.

Errr... I updated posts and they're not showing updates. Dammit! I'm in the middle of transferring all the information to a wiki (which is a mind-numbingly annoying and boring task), so I'm kinda caught between updating these posts and just waiting to finalise the wiki. X(

Here's the (short) entry from the "should have been updated" FAQ :P

• Proximity: improves the projector, simultaneously recharging items beside the held item
    • Wide-Band: improves the projector, simultaneously recharging every item on the hot-bar
    • Field Expander: improves the projector range, charging things further from the pad

Love the mod too btw. I hope an EV chargepad finds its way in soon, if it hasn't already. I haven't tried a version since 1.4.7

EV pads are already in: they're called "Fission" pads. :D

• I'm building out my 1.5.1 mod set up. On adding Charge Pads 2.6.0.74 MC crashes on startup (before reaching single/server/... menu page).

Forge Log: http://pastebin.com/QyaaRHDL

This is repeatable: removing Charge Pads: no crash, add charge pads: crash:

Could this be an IC2 API compatibility issue? (IC2 2_1.115.304-lf is in, but also GraviSuite 1.9.1 is in and OK.)