[IC² 1.118][Universal] ChargePads v2.8.0 (build 93)

• I'm building out my 1.5.1 mod set up. On adding Charge Pads 2.6.0.74 MC crashes on startup (before reaching single/server/... menu page).
    <snip>
    Could this be an IC2 API compatibility issue? (IC2 2_1.115.304-lf is in, but also GraviSuite 1.9.1 is in and OK.)

Thanks for decent logs - though this should've really gone to the issue tracker listed in the OP. ;)

As it stands, this is indeed an API issue as 304-lf changed significantly. There's currently a new build in testing and, if you wish to try it, you can grab it from here. Note that this IS a test build! Backup your world first! -- If you have any issues with it, please refer to the github issue tracker listed in the first post. :)

• Thanks for decent logs - though this should've really gone to the issue tracker listed in the OP. ;)

As it stands, this is indeed an API issue as 304-lf changed significantly. There's currently a new build in testing and, if you wish to try it, you can grab it from here. Note that this IS a test build! Backup your world first! -- If you have any issues with it, please refer to the github issue tracker listed in the first post. :)

Thanks for the quick response, I'll give that build a try tomorrow.

Avoided issue tracker pending confirmation that it wasn't really a Charge Pad issue :-).

Richard

• I'm sorry but I may be completely brain dead here, but what do the upgrade modules do? The FAQ list a few of them but there are some like the "Wide-Band Booster Module" that has no documentation at all. Googling for quite some time and I only found people with the same question and no answers.

It is mentioned in the readme, but the text file is totally unformatted and there appears to be some type of chart or graph that was attempted but its just one long string of text.

What do the newer upgrade modules do exactly?

ed: Ok yea I am infact brain dead apparently.

Here's the (short) entry from the "should have been updated" FAQ :P

• Proximity: improves the projector, simultaneously recharging items beside the held item
    • Wide-Band: improves the projector, simultaneously recharging every item on the hot-bar
    • Field Expander: improves the projector range, charging things further from the pad
    • Official Post

Two things i want, "Omega Expander" for like an 9x9 charging Radius, and a Colour Upgrade to change the colour of the Particles!
    Why?
    DISCO RAINBOW RAVE PARTEH WUBWUBWUBWUUUUBWUWUU

• Build #80 is the update for IC² v1.115 build 304 (API update). You'll need Forge 664+, at least.

...and some responses...

I'm sorry but I may be completely brain dead here, but what do the upgrade modules do? The FAQ list a few of them but there are some like the "Wide-Band Booster Module" that has no documentation at all. Googling for quite some time and I only found people with the same question and no answers.

Ehhh... it wasn't entirely your fault. I kept forgetting to update the main and FAQ posts because I had 2 different test versions out in the wild and was kinda strung between everything. Posts are now up-to-date (with graphics, etc, too). ;]

Two things i want, "Omega Expander" for like an 9x9 charging Radius, and a Colour Upgrade to change the colour of the Particles!
    Why?
    DISCO RAINBOW RAVE PARTEH WUBWUBWUBWUUUUBWUWUU

I might consider a 9x9 for the Fission pad but I have no idea how it'd be made (yet). Seemingly, the TFX upgrade is already pretty harsh. :P
    Colour Upgrade? Huh... I've had odder requests, I suppose. ;D

I think you should go add those as two separate enhancement issues on the tracker. :P

• I'm not sure if this is an issue or not... When I craft Re-Batteries, they stack when they have no charge. In this state they cannot be used to craft the Efficiency Upgrade until you charge the batteries slightly so they get the little charge bar.

I'm playing a FTB pack (Lite with a bunch of extra mods), is this some type of mod conflict?

• I'm not sure if this is an issue or not... When I craft Re-Batteries, they stack when they have no charge. In this state they cannot be used to craft the Efficiency Upgrade until you charge the batteries slightly so they get the little charge bar.

I'm playing a FTB pack (Lite with a bunch of extra mods), is this some type of mod conflict?

I expect it's just an out-of-date version in the pack as that bug was fixed in build #72 - the efficiency upgrades need a fully charged re-battery, not partial!

Back up your world save, grab build #72 and replace the existing one and, hopefully, it should fix it. :)

Fair warning: I don't know which version of IC2 is in the pack, so you may need to upgrade your version of that, too. Maybe. Keep the old mod versions and a world save backup just in case!

As a side-note (to you and others): please use the issues tracker for bug reports! It's easier for me to track things that way. :)

• Looks like my Minecraft crashed after trying to open your GUI. Of course, it's probably just because I'm doing it on 1.5.2, but still...

I'm using Forge build .688, by the way.

Here's the error:

• Looks like my Minecraft crashed after trying to open your GUI. Of course, it's probably just because I'm doing it on 1.5.2, ...

In short: yup.

ChP hasn't been updated to 1.5.2, yet, but is on the books for the next couple of days since I'm in the middle of moving living room furniture. ;)

• What is the point of the field expansion module when it only activates when you stand on it?

The fact that it doesn't deactivate the instant you walk off it but, instead, when you move out of range of the expanded field, it runs out of energy or all items are fully charged.

It basically means you're not stuck standing on top of the pad waiting when you could be moving between nearby machines doing stuff as usual (so long as the places you're standing are still within the field).

• Build #86 is the update for Minecraft 1.5.2 and IC² v1.115 build 308+ (API update). You'll need Forge 684+, at least.

Also added is an informative message when using an upgrade kit on the wrong side of pad (they need to be clicked on the bottom of a pad, to upgrade them in-place).

Enjoy!

P.S. Remember: please report problems or make suggestions via the issue tracker on github. See the first post in the thread for a link. Thanks!

• Sometimes when I step on a lapotronic charge pad, it doesn't start to charge my items. I have to relog to the server to get it to do its stuff. We first had a crystalizor pad and that seemed to work as it should. I am wearing a nano suite with an advanced nano chest plate.
    I am using Mc 1.5.2, IC² Build #314, ChargePads 2.7.0 Build 86 and GraviSuite 1.9.2 on my server along with many more mods :)

• Would you be willing to add some way to keeping a charge pad on permanently, without having to be abusive to animals? It would be nice to have a large field emitter be actually useful outside of multiplayer...

• Sometimes when I step on a lapotronic charge pad, it doesn't start to charge my items. I have to relog to the server to get it to do its stuff. We first had a crystalizor pad and that seemed to work as it should. I am wearing a nano suite with an advanced nano chest plate.
    I am using Mc 1.5.2, IC² Build #314, ChargePads 2.7.0 Build 86 and GraviSuite 1.9.2 on my server along with many more mods :)

Please add a ticket on the issue tracker on GitHub. It's the only place I keep track of (possible) bugs and such, now, since I have multiple mods in the wild.

Would you be willing to add some way to keeping a charge pad on permanently, without having to be abusive to animals? It would be nice to have a large field emitter be actually useful outside of multiplayer...

A way to activate pads besides stepping on them has been on the books for a while - but I always forget. :P
    If you want me to remember, add a feature request on the issue tracker. ;)

• i have an Crash .....

on CraftGuide-Search