[IC² 1.118][Universal] ChargePads v2.8.0 (build 93)

• I gave up on this mod myself. It was a good mod but he knows why. I always troll/hound him for an update on IRC. But he truly seems to have lost the passion to work on it. Not worth so many false hopes.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• I gave up on this mod myself. It was a good mod but he knows why. I always troll/hound him for an update on IRC. But he truly seems to have lost the passion to work on it. Not worth so many false hopes.

anyone out there that might be continue the great work from myrathi ? ... if its okay for him ? :/

Ever the doomsayer, eh Kane? :P

I fully admit, though, that IC2's recent 'direction' has left me with a sour taste in my mouth. I don't enjoy IC2 at all, any more. Gave ic2-experimental a chance on Forgecraft3 but it's simply proven it to be the case. Couple that with the continuous updates that just seemed to break shit even more (not to mention the GT-ish direction bias towards unnecessary complexity) and it became an actual hassle to keep updated, never mind a chore to play.

That said: being bitched at to keep up with a non-stable branch of code just annoys me more (the volume of PMs and such isn't trivial) - it's called an "experimental" branch for a reason, guys. This addon isn't dead; I've just been awaiting a more stable branch (by my opinion, not anyone else's). That and the new features that were going to appear related to BuildCraft died before they got completed due to ridiculous changes in the BC API. >:[

There will be more updates - I just haven't had the enthusiasm or the will to keep it on the bleeding-edge of experimental updates (and badgering me doesn't help).

• Hey Myrathi :)

Will be implemented Soaryn's Pad models to your mod, or it was just for fun(modeling at stream) ? :)

public void getForumUserData(Signature signature, User user) { if(user.equalsTo("Cass") && user.isOnline() { Forum.Out.println("signature")})return;}

• That one has a Soon™ tag on it. ¬_¬

Oh, no idea what it means. Count it like "yes" :D

public void getForumUserData(Signature signature, User user) { if(user.equalsTo("Cass") && user.isOnline() { Forum.Out.println("signature")})return;}

• so no exp updates in the near future ? :/ i love that mod and its 1 of 2 hard missing mods on my 1.6.2 server ... :/

• Soon™ = sometime between now and when it gets done. an indeterminate period of time with no set date. aka it will get done when it gets done. if it ever gets done.

I suppose IC2 Api is in stable release? And there will be not so many changes in it. Is it right?

• I suppose IC2 Api is in stable release? And there will be not so many changes in it. Is it right?

Soon™ comes from the MMO world, (I know it from SWG). The devs would answer questions of "when will x be done?" with Soon™.
    and no, the IC2 API is not stable yet. cable frying isn't in yet.

• Is it possible to open up the source so someone else can have a go at updating it?

I have an update already worked on but, as yet, it's not stable enough for a general release. Hell, it's not even stable enough to push to forgecraft.
    Until I'm happy with the state it's in, I won't dump it on people.

As for open-sourcing the code: not going to happen. There's a very specific short-list of who will get it, should I ever decide to completely shelve it.

I also feel I have to thank people for NOT badgering me about updates. It's greatly appreciated. Really.

• indeed... lol besides I would think the moderators would be spamming infractions left and right if people were asking for updates about the mod. Hope to add this mod later once you get the kinks worked out, until then keep up the good work ;)

• Hey, i downloaded the latest build for 1.6.4 for a modpack im making and when i try to charge the pad with a MFSU power will not be accepted by the pad but i it will accept power from batteries which are inside the pad can anyone help me? and i followed all the tutorials and nothing has worked

• Sorry to say, but when I could no longer use these, I got hooked on Portable Rechargers (I use IC2 Experimental). No need to just stand there waiting...

• now that the last ic2 version for 1.6.4 was released... any thoughts on getting this working again for 1.6.4?