[Minor Suggestion] Massfabricator and ISidedInventory

• Official Post

Since i have to use (ewww) Buildcraft, i noticed that i cant put Scrap into the Top of the Massfabricator via Hopper.

Yes, its just a little tweak, to let Scrap also come from the Top into the Massfab, but its usefull for BC-Users. Thats all.

• Why you not use RP2 Relays from bottom?
    Oh, RP2 still not released, but almost released.
    Anyway its worth to rebuild world with RP2.

• Since you are on Mass Fabricator tweaks can they be made to somehow take extreme voltage either stock, with upgrades or an (even more) advanced machine, I wanna see how fast I can fill a chest with matter with 4 EV cables into it.

• Official Post

Since you are on Mass Fabricator tweaks can they be made to somehow take extreme voltage either stock, with upgrades or an (even more) advanced machine, I wanna see how fast I can fill a chest with matter with 4 EV cables into it.

Install NEI, Compact Solars, Go ssp, place 2000 HV arrays, link them with glass fiber to a mass fabricator.
    Ta da ! 1KK EU/t and 1 UUM per tick...
    EV is not needed, as you can supply shitloads of HV packets on it.

About topic: it is fair enough, sometimes i wish i could use Top with relays to insert scrap, it would be more convenient some times.

• I like the idea of this, i dont always like using RP in my base, especially since i've latched onto logisics pipes :) so this could help a lot, especially when you get to the point where you're just producing way too much scrap

Support!!! :D

LilGimli

• why suggest when you can hotfix yourself without any problems, and include override into your mod.

Just enum entire block's list, find mass fab block, set it to null then set it to your reimplementation with fixed tile entity, it will go fine and without any problems.

• why suggest when you can hotfix yourself without any problems, and include override into your mod.

Just enum entire block's list, find mass fab block, set it to null then set it to your reimplementation with fixed tile entity, it will go fine and without any problems.

sure, he probably could include it in his addon, however he is simply suggesting it for the dev team to review, with other people in mind, not just himself.

He obviously feels that this should be included in vanilla and as so has put in a suggestion instead of taking it upon himself to include it in his addon. I, myself see this useful for certain situations and for the new players that are just joining the modding community.

Thanks,
    LilGimli

• Official Post

why suggest when you can hotfix yourself without any problems, and include override into your mod.

Yes i could do that, but then i would have to override the Block and the TileEntity, instead of just the Block (like i did with leftclicking ITNT/Nukes).

• totally worth a try

i would also like to see that induction furnaces accept items from bot and Top for 1st and 2nd slot not if 1st slot full insert 2nd slot thingy which is a little bit "arrffffff".. but therefore are electric furnace with 9 upgrades better...