Help Building a IC2 Server

• Greetings, First time poster here...

I have a Windows 2008 R2 server at home that I run Minecraft Server on for me and the kids and some friends to play on. I have been trying to find a good clear set of introductions for building it into a IC2 server. This is only for home use on our LAN and does not (and will not) be a public server. I am on Satellite service for internet and have lousy ping and bandwidth. Any help would be great. :Wrench:

Thanks ,

TillyDeHun

• Well, download your Minecraft-Server .jar from Minecraft.net, install Minecraft Forge, test it, install any other mods, test it, port forward, test it, have your friends install the mods, test it, and finally play on your server. Then test it : p

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• Logically shouldn't the people using it just have to have IC2 installed?

EDIT: Lan or normal server?

EDIT2: By this

This is only for home use on our LAN and does not (and will not) be a public server

Do you mean that it is only for your use, or that it will be LAN?

EDIT3: I guess your response answered that

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

Edited 2 times, last by CrafterOfMines57 ().

• And Minecraft Forge, and any other mods he wants.

I thought that part was self-explanatory with the installation of IC2

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• 1. Get winrar and install it
    2. Get minecraft forge from here (I'm using build 4.2.5.305 and it works well)
    3. Extract the minecraft forge files to a folder on your desktop
    4. Open minecraft_server.jar in winrar
    5. Drag and drop the minecraft forge files into the jar
    6. Run the server and make sure it still works
    7. Upon running the server it will create a mods folder
    8. Stop the server
    9. Put the industrialcraft jar in the mods folder
    10. Start the server

After that you should be good to go.

• Thank you Monoxide, I will give that a run through tonight and see if I can get it going. Thank you for the helpful post!

• OK, got close, I think. When dragging the Forge files into the Mincraft_Server.jar I receive this error. I don't understand why. Any help?

! Cannot rename __rzi_0.098 to C:\Data\Industrial Craft 1\minecraft_server.jar
    The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Also, The file still runs the server but does not create a Mods folder. Does it not save the changes if there is an error?

Minecraft was not open...

• Did you currently have anything like Minecraft open at the time?

• Are you certain the server or Minecraft was not running at the time? That's the error you get when you try to modify files in Minecraft.jar while Minecraft is running.

• Am I supposed to be using MincraftForge-SRC or MincraftForge-Universal?

Forge Universal

• I GOT IT!!! YEA FOR ME!

One more question: When launching Minecraft with the server commands "java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar" to use more memory, how do I do that. I tried a .bat file with no luck.

• I GOT IT!!! YEA FOR ME!

One more question: When launching Minecraft with the server commands "java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar" to use more memory, how do I do that. I tried a .bat file with no luck.

You just open a notepad document, type in that line of code, save it as something.bat, and stick it inside the folder that contains the Minecraft_Server.jar

• We are up and running. Played for an hour with my daughter and it worked great. My son joins in tomorrow. Thanks you Monoxide for the great step by step, thank you DZCreeper for the .bat file example.

Thank you for all your help everyone.

Happy Crafting!