[Addon v1.106/1.107][Universal]Transmutation v1.0.0

• This addon adds a particle accelerator that allows for the transmutation of substances. It works by firing particles at high speeds at other particles to create new substances. Thanks to the high-tech magnets IC2 provides us, this can all be done in a single block! These magnets consume a lot of power during operation and take a long time to get the particles up to speed, though.

The Particle Accelerator
    Recipe

(2 Magnetizers, 2 Advanced circuits, 4 Integrated Reactor Plating, 1 Reinforced Glass)

GUI Explanation

1&2: Input slots(Put items to be used here)
    3: Target slot(Put item you want made here)
    4: Fuel slot(Put items that can provide energy here)
    5: Output slot

Properties

• There is a 1 in 2 chance of the particles colliding and creating the desired item, even these high-tech magnets cannot have 100% accuracy.
    • Extra neutrons and protons will be released into the environment.
    • The only accepted upgrades are transformer and storage upgrades.
    • Default maximum input is medium voltage. If more than that is input the machine will destroy itself and drop as an item, but not explode.
    • Default energy storage is 10,000eu.
    • Will consume 32eu/t when active.
    • BC pipes/RP tubes can fill the input slots from the top, fuel slot from bottom, and the output can be taken out from any side.
    • Each element(listed below) is assigned a specific number of protons and neutrons based on the element in real life(May change for balancing reasons). To find out how many an element has, simply place the corresponding element into one of the input slots and it will update the values for the total protons and neutrons of the items in the first two slots.

Accepted Elements:

• Iron
    • Coal(Carbon)
    • Gold
    • Uranium
    • Gunpowder(Sulfur, I don't care that gunpowder only contains a small amount of sulfur, gunpowder was originally named sulfur in Minecraft ;) )
    • Copper
    • Tin

Requirements
    This addon requires IndustrialCraft 2 v1.106 and Forge 4.2.5.303 or later. If you run into any bugs while playing with this please give me an error log and I can help you out or fix the error.

Changelog:

• Seems neat. However, which are the possible outcomes of this operations? And try to avoid making it look too much to UU matter, please.

NIce work anyway.

EDIT: Silly mine. So this enables you to obtain ANY item by placing two other and using lots of power? sounds too OP. Maybe placing better items enables higher chances. Using coal to get Diamonds its slightly different than using two Uranium...

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• Outputs are whatever is put into the target slot which is any of the listed accepted elements.

You cannot get diamonds directly from this addon, only the accepted elements.

• Outputs are whatever is put into the target slot which is any of the listed accepted elements.

You cannot get diamonds directly from this addon, only the accepted elements.

AH....

Still it should be:

Bad items: Low chance
    Good Items: High Chance.

And what do protons and neutrons do?

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• Official Post

So this is a efficient way to "genererate" uranium?

I suppose input materials gives machine X protons and neutrons and target item consumes Y protons and neutrons.
    all excess protons and neutrons (not consumed to make target item) will be wasted (released into atmosphere).

• Protons and neutrons are set based on the element and you need a certain amount of them to get a new element. If you put an element into an input slot it will show you how many protons and neutrons are in an atom of each element.

• Protons and neutrons are set based on the element and you need a certain amount of them to get a new element. If you put an element into an input slot it will show you how many protons and neutrons are in an atom of each element.

SCIENCE FACTS:

Uranium 235 (fissile kind) has:

143 Neutrons
    92 Protons

Is this real in the addon? Uranium SHOULD be expensive...

• Testing it out, I am unable to put uranium in any of the slots

EDIT: Derp on my part, not uranium ore, refined uranium

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I think I found a bug, when 2 gunpowder is put into the target spot, and iron and coal are put into the input slots, it will return nothing, I'm currently testing to find if there is a pattern to it

EDIT: Also happens with 2 uranium targeted and 2 gold
    EDIT2: 2 iron targeted and 2 uranium returns 1 iron as expected, as does 2 iron targeted and 1 uranium, but 2 iron targeted and 2 gold returns nothing
    EDIT3: 2 iron targeted and 2 gunpowder returns nothing, 2 coal targeted and 2 uranium returns nothing, 3 coal targeted and 2 coal in input returns nothing, however 2 coal targeted and 2 coal in input returns a coal as expected
    EDIT4: Additional testing seems to give a base patter of ((if number x itemProtons < item2Protons + item3Protons) and (item2Protons + item3Protons > 1 x itemProtons) and (number x itemNeutrons < item2Neutrons + item3Neutrons) and (item2Neutrons + item3Neutrons > 1 x itemNeutrons) then return false else return true)
    where number is the amount of the item targeted that is placed in the targeted spot, itemProtons and itemNeutrons are 1 x the item targeted's protons and neutrons, and item2Protons and item3Protons and item2Neutrons and item3Neutrons are the input slot's item's protons and neutrons
    This seems to be the general formula

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

Edited 3 times, last by CrafterOfMines57 ().

• I was assuming that default IC2 uranium was a mixture of Uranium-238(The most common isotope) and Uranium-235 with 238 being the larger part of the mixture as I have not seen anything about what isotope of uranium IC uranium is.

SpwnX
    It is a way to generate Uranium, but I was planning on making Uranium generation a bit harder than it is currently, although that is not going to be the only purpose of the addon. I was planning on adding various newer elements that would have various uses along with a much more efficient Uranium cell that produces more per cell(Pure Uranium-235).

• I think I found a bug, when 2 gunpowder is put into the target spot, and iron and coal are put into the input slots, it will return nothing, I'm currently testing to find if there is a pattern to it

EDIT: Also happens with 2 uranium targeted and 2 gold

EDIT2: 2 iron targeted and 2 uranium returns 1 iron as expected, as does 2 iron targeted and 1 uranium, but 2 iron targeted and 2 gold returns nothing

Are you sure it wasn't the particles "missing" each other and returning nothing? It should work for all as the code for each item is not different, it just checks to see whether or not the protons/neutrons from both input slots adds up to the protons/neutrons of the target item and if it does it will have a 1 in 2 chance of generating the target item.

P.S. The number of items in the target has nothing to do with the number of items created, it just keeps trying to create that item until the number of protons/neutrons supplied drops below the target number of neutrons/protons.

• Official Post

SpwnX
    It is a way to generate Uranium, but I was planning on making Uranium generation a bit harder than it is currently, although that is not going to be the only purpose of the addon. I was planning on adding various newer elements that would have various uses along with a much more efficient Uranium cell that produces more per cell(Pure Uranium-235).

You could make it generate Thorium and Plutonium (and make them compatible with GregTech ones).
    How about gems (Emeralds, sapphires , rubies), nikolite and silver (stuff that vanilla IC² can't generate but is needed for many stuff, at least for those who uses Redpower).

• Are you sure it wasn't the particles "missing" each other and returning nothing? It should work for all as the code for each item is not different, it just checks to see whether or not the protons/neutrons from both input slots adds up to the protons/neutrons of the target item and if it does it will have a 1 in 2 chance of generating the target item.

Nevermind, I think I just got extremely unlucky, I did like 20 tests and in all of those that pattern applied so I don't know how that happened

• I should try it soon... but there's something I don't like: It's a magic block, a 1 block complex machine... you could have to set up two of those machines and then link them in straight line with some sort of tubes... that's actually pretty easy to code...

"No matter where you go or who you become, you must never forget who you were and where you came from." - Someone wise.

• sweet addon, unfortunately it conflicts with NEI, and causes a crash upon looking up any IC recipe. ;(

I haven't had this issue, could you give me an error log and the version of NEI/CodeChickenCore you are using?

• I haven't had this issue, could you give me an error log and the version of NEI/CodeChickenCore you are using?

my fault, it was an old save that I loaded produced the NEI error, disregard that post. :rolleyes:

• In my opinion, this sounds OP: Generate Ura from Coal with it, then use a CASUC (news one) to turn this Ura into EU--> run tons of others Particles Accelerator and to get even more Uranium + UUM--> The very small amount of Coal you'll need ...
    That's not respecting the universal conservation of the Mass/Energy law so that's unrealistic (I said it as purpose ^^), in the annoying for player way: it's easily exploitable.

NB: I thought and think it do not consume more than 9 000 000 EU/ Produced Ura, thinking it can be run with ONLY 10EU/t.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I was assuming that default IC2 uranium was a mixture of Uranium-238(The most common isotope) and Uranium-235 with 238 being the larger part of the mixture as I have not seen anything about what isotope of uranium IC uranium is.

Uranium 238 is more common, however, it is stable, its not radiactive, useless In Nukes and Nuclear reactors. Uranium used in reactors and nukes is uranium 238 HIGHLY enriched in Uranium 235 (the 238 is there to make sure there isnt too much radiation, i guess).

As IC uses Uranium in reactors and nukes, i guess its the 235, however 235 has less neutrons than 238, hence it would be cheaper, use the 238 for referall :D

• Uranium used in reactors and nukes is uranium 238 HIGHLY enriched in Uranium 235 (the 238 is there to make sure there isnt too much radiation, i guess).

Please do not speak about something you don't understand, wich seems to be the case here ^^
    Uranium used in Reactor is enriched at 4-5% (from 1% in the nature), just what is needed to the U35 to continue the reaction by sending Neutrons on others U235 OR creating Plutonium by sending neutrons on U238, wich become, because of this fact, fissile. And U235 isn't very radioactive. The only thing that is "HIGHLY" enriched is Uranium used to create Nuclear Bombs: generally between 40 and 60%, what is needed to create the chain reaction.
    Moreover, assuming Enriching Uranium is very expensive, Uranium used as Fuel is not enriched as Nuclear Bombs. The other reason is that as I already said, the percentage of enrichment is one the most important thing to consider the power of a A-Bomb: if Nuclear Reactor doesn't explode when overheating or whatever, that's because the Ura isn't very enriched.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!