Direwolf20's Lets Play, featuring Industrial Craft, with Buildcraft and Equivalent Exchange

• hey, i've really enjoyed your series, i was wondering if you could make a list of all the mods you're using for it. i'm planning to get them all and start a new world once everything is updated for 1.8

• I figured x3n0 would add something like that at some point - I've gotta get around to installing that addon.

Another alternative would be to put another 2 automatic crafting tables. one attached to your chest with the lava and empy buckets that makes 3 iron out of the pstone and empty buckets (this way it ONLY takes the empty buckets) and one to turn them back in to empty buckets. This way you could do it before getting your volcanite. Though it looks like you've decided on going for the volcanite anyway. :D

• i really like ur let's play. the editing, cutting out the mundane things really make it great. and it's also kinda tutorial as well. all and all, very nice.

a suggestion for new things to do. the new version of buildcraft adds refining oil into fuel and such when it comes out. i think you should go around looking for as much oil as you can and transport it all back to your base and store it in giant tanks. so once the new version get release you can start doing all the neat things with it.

• Direwolf20: I'm sure someone has probably already commented on the video or something, but the water only needs to be around the reactor itself. The chambers don't matter. so of the 3x3x3 blocks (26 blocks not counting the reactor itself) of space around the reactor (some of which will be chambers) you will get 1 cooling per tick for each that has water in it. 1/4th/t for air, and 2/t for a chamber. So you can make your reactor room smaller :) I suggest 5x5x5 room of 2 thick walls with the 3x3x3 in the center hollowed out for the reactor and chambers leaving 1 in the center on the bottom, 1 in the back, and one in the front for the wire, redstone, and access for right clicking respectively.

;) Hope this info helped. Love your LP. 1.8.1 EQEX is coming VERY soon (in the next few days) and will include the new Klein Star! Should be very cool! Then we just wait for IC2 1.8.1 (I think SMP support is coming first though) and you will be able to play on 1.8.1. Will you be doing a world wipe at that time, not upgrading at all, or upgrading and simply traveling for new content?

• Official Post

Thanks for the info on the reactors -- i wasn't too sure about that. On that subject, does it have to be a water source block, or can it be running water -- I.E. -- Can I just put source blocks on the ceiling and let them 'rain down'?

I've not decided what I'll do when I'm allowed to upgrade to 1.8.1. I want to "Finish" this lets play series somehow with 1.7.3, so I guess I definitely won't be upgrading and continuing. I'm not sure what I'll do once its done though, if I want to do another lets play series or not. I feel like it'd be a bit redundant to do another lets play with the same mods, but on 1.8.1 -- not much would be new. However, if IC2 has some new machines come out, and BC has a lot of updates, and EE has a few more items -- then maybe :).

• Yes it can definitely be flowing water. Does not have to be source blocks. In fact if you design such that the source block is dead center 3 above your reactor with a little plus design then if the reactor heats up so much that it would evaporate water, your water will still be unaffacted (it will continue flowing BEFORE heat/cooling is calculated). You'd be able to keep the cooling from water even at those tempuratures. There's a nice graph of it in Nargon's thread.

I thought about doing a LP, myself. I think I might just bore people to death though. I do have this CRAZY awesome contraption I've been wanting to show you though for EE/Buildcraft. Very fun. In fact I'll go make you the video now! You'll probably be like "Eh. boring." HAH!

• Official Post

Thats pretty awesome :). Mobius fuel IS a nuisance to make, and I've toyed with the idea of a buildcraft factory for it, but never one as complex as yours :).

I do like how 1 uranium = 8 Mobius fuel with the IC addon.

I don't have a dark matter locus yet (actually never did make one, always too expensive), so I don't have the need for that much mobius fuel just yet.

How much mobius does it require to duplicate a dark matter block?

Whats the Klein Star? I haven't been keeping up with x3n0's posts. Nevermind, I went and looked -- sounds fun! :)

• OH! Dude! The Klein Star is gonna be epic. Lemme find it for you. Meanwhile:

4.5ish stacks of mobius fuel = a cloned dark matter block in around 9 minutes. 5ish with a maxed flowing time ring. I basically have anything I could ever want because of those two DMLs. Also mobius fuel is VERY useful for fueling the Destruction Catalyst and in my case the Catalytic Lens (which is INSANELY awesome). Mobius fuel is a more efficient way of fueling these tools so you'll be able to stay down in the mine longer than you would with an equivalent (after conversion) amount of glowstone.

Once you have one dark matter locus making more is fairly easy seeing as you just stick some mobius fuel in there and keep putting in more until you have enough. 9*8=72 minutes later you've got another one (another DML). Not bad considering the first probably took you AGES.

Also since I have this crazy contraption I tend to do the opposite of the recipe you like. I tend to convert mobius fuel to uranium. LOL

• Hey there I am an avid user of IC + BC + EE awesomeness and I would like to let you know that a system for automatic lavabucket fueled geothermal generators has already been made the davnatage of this is that you dont need to burn tin for your energy.

also Mobius fuel is NOT a nuciance to make I have made a rather simple BC setup to produce Mobius fuel without volcanite (it would be simpler with it)
    it is mostly fueled by coal and some redstone. for one mobius fuel you need: 17 coal and 1 redstone
    first a doublechest which is fed coal and redstone and contains 1 PS and atleast 3 buckets.
    1 adjacent autoworkbench turns 4 coal into 1 glowstone dust which is fed back into the chest
    1 adjacent autoworkbench autorefills buckets with lava using the coal + redstone recipe
    1 adjacent autoworkbench crafts alchemical coal using 3 glowstone dust, 3 coal and 1 lavabucket this is fed into another chest

an autoworkbench which is adjacent to this chest converts 3 alchemical coal into 1 mobius fuel which is dumped into an alchemical chest
    all of the pipes are powered by redstone engines

have fun with that setup

also industrial diamonds are approx 7 times (including the energy cost) more efficient resource wise to produce than EE diamonds (but they need lots of machines, planning and time to produce .

• First: You made me use EE!
    Does charcoal also work in the transmute recipes? I've never actually tried.
    also, is there a pattern to create tin and copper from cobblestone or any other material?
    I don't have the IC addon installed.

• Is that on a 1:1 ratio? Its too bad there's no wiki/screenshot of the IC patterns, and I can't be bothered to look through 300 pages in recipe book X(

Also I didn't know about the autobenches!
    It was even in the FAQ, fail!

• i have 490 pages on my recipe book :P
    the solution is to have multiple recipebooks and keep them in different areas of the recipes
    i have 1 RB for BC 1 for 2 EE 1 and 1 for IC

• Hey there Direwolf, I've been trying to get in touch with you via your youtube account and figured this forum post here on IC2 would be better. I'll be doing some colab work and discussion about forge and IC2 and the like with another gentlemen that goes by the name "magusunion". We were both interested in seeing if you'd like to help us put out forge even more to the community.

• Official Post

Hey there Direwolf, I've been trying to get in touch with you via your youtube account and figured this forum post here on IC2 would be better. I'll be doing some colab work and discussion about forge and IC2 and the like with another gentlemen that goes by the name "magusunion". We were both interested in seeing if you'd like to help us put out forge even more to the community.

Sure, I'd be happy to help. I saw your Youtube message and meant to reply, but got it at work and forgot about it later :). Forge is pretty awesome, and I'd be happy to help spread the word about it. PM me and let me know what to do.

also industrial diamonds are approx 7 times (including the energy cost)
    more efficient resource wise to produce than EE diamonds (but they need
    lots of machines, planning and time to produce .

Last night I designed (in my head) a process to make diamonds -- Glowstone Block -> Glowstone Dust -> Redstone -> Coal -> Industrial diamond. I calculated that 4 glowstone blocks = 1 industrial diamond. Assuming you have sufficient flint (which EE turns gravel into flint) and Obsidian (Obsidian Aggregators).

I'm going to be building this machine in episode 30 :).