Wrenching process instead of immediate effect and variable durability/energy on wrench.

• I was thinking of having more chances to wrench something out as itself by following a certain method of working and have durability or energy loss by what you want to take down, and have different chances of success depending on the machine. For instance, if I unwrenched an MFSU, it would 95% work and the wrench would only take 3 points of damage. If I wanted to take down a Nuclear Reactor, it would take 10 points and would have an 80% chance of getting it out. Chances vary on the tool type (electric or bronze). As for the method, I thought there should be bolts on the corners and you can unwrench it by following a certain pattern. For instance, I want tot take down a storage thingy. I first take off the right side (where the EU is stored), then the top side, then the bottom, then the front, and last the back.

Pay absolutely no attention to what you see below. I keep it to tell you of the discussion for my previous idea.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name:
    Diamond wrench

Description:
    Diamond wrench is 100 uses more durable and so precise that unwrenched machines cannot drop a machine block.

Recipe:
    Same as the bronze wrench but with diamonds instead of bronze.

• Why would you need a diamond wrench when you can have an electric wrench that never breaks AND can do the same (as an alternate mode)? Without costing a single diamond?
    (Btw it's already in the game, this magical 'Electric Wrench')

• Why would you need a diamond wrench when you can have an electric wrench that never breaks AND can do the same (as an alternate mode)? Without costing a single diamond?
    (Btw it's already in the game, this magical 'Electric Wrench')

Because it uses too much power and I always have to go to recharge it. YEs, I wear a Lappack, but it costs a lot of energy.

• Of course the lossless mode costs energy. Why wouldn't it? And anyway, a diamond wrench would be OP, because of the number of uses it has.

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• You must be confusing the bat-pack with the lap-pack
    Electric wrench takes 10000 Eu for lossless operation meaning with a batback that's 7 uses and with a lappack 31 uses before recharge...I really doubt 31 uses is not enough for anybody...what are you taking down...64x64 of solars? (did you just find out about compact solars?)

mcmz4e aka MaryuZ aka 2.muCh.Pride

• This mod is about electric stuff and not magic. Including a diamond into your wrench is totally not going to make it any better in real life.

Somehow diamonds make MFE and MFSU better...
    I personally can live with electric wrench but it makes working with windmills a pain sometimes (when you have to juggle lappack and jetpack)

• There should be a wren that works for both industrial craft and as a buildcraft wrench. I play alot of techit and it is a pain in the but to keep 2 wrenches so i can use them for different tasks.

• You must be confusing the bat-pack with the lap-pack
    Electric wrench takes 10000 Eu for lossless operation meaning with a batback that's 7 uses and with a lappack 31 uses before recharge...I really doubt 31 uses is not enough for anybody...what are you taking down...64x64 of solars? (did you just find out about compact solars?)

Yes, I have a lot of solar panels.

I play alot of techit

Did you just misspell the name of the pack you use?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Official Post

Somehow diamonds make MFE and MFSU better...
    I personally can live with electric wrench but it makes working with windmills a pain sometimes (when you have to juggle lappack and jetpack)

How do you have problems working with windmills?
    I have placed more than 10000 windmills and i rarely have to use a wrench (once or twice every four towers [256 windmills])

And i have to admit... i'm playing on a tekkit server, and i'm liking it. Community is MUCH more friendly than many other modded servers, at least the one who requested my help with windmills (Mydiamonz and his assistants). (only problem is that most of tekkit players don't know a shit about mods and keep asking for stuff/help)

• How do you have problems working with windmills?
    I have placed more than 10000 windmills and i rarely have to use a wrench (once or twice every four towers [256 windmills])

Well, you are windmill expert, and I am not:) I often found that I did something wrong and have to move transformer, or remove some windmills from the top, or even move whole column.

• Official Post

Well, you are windmill expert, and I am not:) I often found that I did something wrong and have to move transformer, or remove some windmills from the top, or even move whole column.

Thats why i make the "pre-tower" structure (cables and transformers) before placing windmills