What to do with tin?

• Title says it all. Iron is pretty much always in short supply, and can be used for so much. Copper is used up quickly to expand my nuclear program. I was thinking of setting up a biofuel production facility, but at the scale I am thinking of the amount of space for farms would be huge.

Any ideas, I have about 3k as of now?

• Geothermal plants use up a lot of tin quickly, you could always get a geothermal base in the nether.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Geothermal plants use up a lot of tin quickly, you could always get a geothermal base in the nether.

Depends. You could simply pump it direct-feed and avoid the tin loss.

I'm surprised you didn't use more tin in your nuclear foray, since they're heavily needed in the quad cells and some other components.

I use the most tin in Forestry, personally, or at least I used to. Apiaries used to be 4x Tin gears and a sturdy machine. That was something like 18 tin per. These days, they are a more realistic design with wood.

With RP2, you can convert tin into iron (buckets) if you feel that bad about it.

• You mean pump it into a combustion engine(I think that's the one) and use transformers to convert it?

No, I mean put a miner down with a pump next to it in the Nether, put empty tin cells in the pump, and then put the lava cells in a geothermal generator for 20,000 eu each.

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• No, I mean put a miner down with a pump next to it in the Nether, put empty tin cells in the pump, and then put the lava cells in a geothermal generator for 20,000 eu each.

30 000 if the Geogen is directly on a side of your pump :D
    (And you don't need cells (chest + bucket or nothing) [I believe]

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• 30 000 if the Geogen is directly on a side of your pump :D
    (And you don't need cells (chest + bucket or nothing) [I believe]

I was assuming no buildcraft, but given his mention of transformers, I would say it's safe to say he has buildcraft

• I was assuming no buildcraft, but given his mention of transformers, I would say it's safe to say he has buildcraft

For my part, I didn't mean Buildcraft ;) But as a pumping lava device, BC pump + BC pipes are better than IC pump (because not limited to a 9*9 area)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I said this to another guy on a IRC chat, but if you're low on iron, but have other resources to spare, mix tin and copper dusts. Not to make bronze, though. TNT amounts. It's not cheap, but you'll be able to stretch your ingots a bit further then normal.
    If Redpower 2 was updated, you could make tin buckets and smelt it back to iron, if you don't mine cheating a bit. If Redpower 2 was updated and you were using Metallurgy you could do so with copper as well.

But as far as valid uses for tin goes, your best bet is either cells/cans and fuel production, or making more powerful fuels with GregTech.(not a great option for some, but then again, neither are Steam Reactors or TerrafirmaCraft)

Apprentice Redstoner, Professional Slacker

• Official Post

Dont forget that you can configure it to need less Tin for Cells, and also the Centrifuge enables you to not use up the Cells at certain Recipes.

However your addon makes us use shitloads of tin to keep fusion reactor fueled constantly or we lose EU benefits and its not even worth making tin from UUM.
    This problem can be solved by making reactor output empty cells in internal inventory, adjacent chest/pipe/tube/electric translocator/whateveryouthinkof.

• Official Post

However your addon makes us use shitloads of tin to keep fusion reactor fueled constantly or we lose EU benefits and its not even worth making tin from UUM.
    This problem can be solved by making reactor output empty cells in internal inventory, adjacent chest/pipe/tube/electric translocator/whateveryouthinkof.

Additional Slots? Meh.

V2.06b
    Fusionreactor outputs empty Cells in the same Slot as the regular Output, you just have to grab it automatically.
    Fusion is buffed, 2 times longer and 8 times more Energy. Now you need a Supercondensator to run it properly.
    Added small Dusts of pretty much everything. 4 of them make a full one. Some of them even have special Recipes.

Edit: MONSTERDERP!

• I need to start unplugging the plugs on Greg's evil addon sometime soon...

I believe that may be a surprisingly just cause, seeing the level of extreme alteration that his add-on enforces upon regular IC2. In fact, it's actually cost me server time because of how convoluted many of the recipes can be, and how inefficiently restrictive they are when it comes to early game... (I mean, seriously, does no one care about early game Minecraft and tech progression? Tech 0 is so primitive *pun intended*)

But at the same time, I don't think that add-ons should be strictly regulated as to what they can/can't add... Although having to go thru the add-on config. just to get back to having regular IC2 is a bitch.

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Tin does stack up...you never need all of it if you mine with miners or other ways of mining everything.
    One solution would be to change something to use more tin...I can think of something that needs just that.
    Solar panel!
    instead of crafting it with a generator you could craft if with a machine-frame (machine-case, you pick a name) wich is made from 8 tin...it would also be more realistic this way...real solar panels don't have generators with heavy iron casings in them...they're light-weight so you can plant them on you house.
    like it is now a solar costs :======= 4 tin, 10 iron, 3.5 copper, 3 coal, 6 redstone, 3 sand and 7 rubber
    with the new item they would cost : 8 tin, 02 iron, 3.0 copper, 3 coal, 4 redstone, 3 sand and 6 rubber
    that would take care of the iron-tin gap in IC2.
    Unfortunately over 9000 mad forum users will say no to this suggestion and it will never be implemented.
    So just make the tin into blocks and build stuff out of it.

mcmz4e aka MaryuZ aka 2.muCh.Pride