Items i have found behave strange in Industrial Craft.

• Hi all i do not know the mission statement word for word but i am sure you guys set out to make industrial craft close to real life as possible or at leased having been based on reality please guys i not having a go just pointing out some things that i have noticed with Industrial craft please keep in mind i am using Tekkit 3.1.2

First of all i really love what you guys have done with IndustrialCraft i have a lot of fun but just some things i find really strange.

I have built a Industrial City Fully working lights in all buildings streets, working reactors ect, industrial buildings with crazy machines all running from a power grid. i.e like in real life even setup power meters on peoples buildings with a fuse box using lever and a Tranformer.

that works fine and looks good, but i have a building that usings multiple transformers and i found a really odd thing about them, if you connect a HV transformer then a MV-Transformer you get what you would expect HV been steped down to MV voltage however if you add a HV to MV back to HV you get HV with out using any redstone? i found that odd because transformers dont work that way basically if you where to do that you would get a lower voltage ( EU )

how ever if you pulsed the Transformer or given redstone to the last transformer been a HV that would make more sence as it would turn the transformer into a Invertor thus increasing the voltage back to HV at the cost of current.

My question is this, is this a oversight in the way transformers work or was it done on purpose to make it simple for people?.

Second thing i have noticed i really like luminators especially for car parks in my city where 1 block between each level is the max i can have and with foam i can cover the wires in a foam block, but i notice they not put out light on the tile it self but when they run low they flash and emit light.(please note i am talking about the block it self not the surrounding light that they Emit as that does work fine.

Question is that a bug or oversight as well?

I think it would be nice if the block lit up like the RED power lamp blocks, but keeped in its tile form as that is so handy.

Industrial Information Panels.

LOVE THEM i use them as meters on buildings and to monitor reactors.

is it possible to make a none Wireless version where u place a physical sensor on the reactor or MFSU ( or anyother EU storage ) and use a wire IE redstone or redpowers insulated wires?

Reason, i have two monitoring stations for my Reactor one near the reactor the other in the office block above the reactor (100 blocks+ ) as my rector is underground.

Thank you for the long read, sorry for my grammer as its not my skill. LOL.

Keep up the great work with Industrial Craft and i will keep making crazy machines that may destroy the world and completely add to global warming.... :D

Final ask is there a possibilty to convert EU to blue Electric used in the Red Power Mod and another block in reverse?.

how ever if you pulsed the Transformer or given redstone to the last transformer been a HV that would make more sence as it would turn the transformer into a Invertor thus increasing the voltage back to HV at the cost of current.

That's how it works, you give a redstone signal and it makes it step up the EUs.

but when they run low they flash and emit ligh

That's completely intentional, they need EU to run, if they run out of EU and continuously receive EU from wires, it's completely logical that they would alternate from off to on states.

Industrial Information Panels

ಠ_ಠ, that's a part of the Nuclear Control addon, not IndustrialCraft.

Final ask is there a possibilty to convert EU to blue Electric used in the Red Power Mod and another block in reverse?

Not yet, and it's possible there will not be one for quite some time, however when redpower updates to 1.4.5 (your pack won't see that update for quite some time) there will technically be a way to use Redpower in systems for converting MJ to EU.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• i am not sure you read all i wrote with transformers, the problem i seen was that a MV transformer connected to a HV transformer with no redstone or pulse become HV and i was saying that does not make sense with out redstone pusle.

oops on industrial info panels.

but when they run low they flash and emit ligh

That's completely intentional, they need EU to run, if they run out of EU and continuously receive EU from wires, it's completely logical that they would alternate from off to on states.

understand that they would flash on and off as they have a charge but i was talking about the block it self, that bright flash is how it should look on but when there on i just get the light emiting around them, thus i asked the question why not have the FLASH state constant as you can see the light from the tile. " when the title is in the flash state it is bright and looks like a light in the off state it looks off but it also looks like that when it has power as well. i will get some screens maybe that would help.

• ok i not think you understand, i have lots of screens, i can email you but anyway, YES i know red stone will invert a transformer but if it facing the right way it will Switch it off (because the power will have no where to go)

how can it expload if the low voltage side expossed to the MFSU that was what i was saying......

think about it. normaly to invert a transformer you have the low voltage side I.E 1 dot for input your 3 pin for your output and add redstone to that you have a invertor but if you have it facing the other way around it will switch off, it does it for all grades of transformers but the HV seem to work different.

The other fact is that if you this config. Power line MV --> HV you should not be able to get high voltage again even if you put redstone to it.

Why you ask? take a real invertor for example The transformer is pulsed from a micro controller that uses transitors to switch the transformer on and off (some use a 3 pin transformer others use 2 pin) we will use the basic 3 pin config, the middle pin is connected to power + say a 12volt car batt the 2nd and 3rd pins are connected to those transistors that will connect to - and there gate connects to the micro controller and it will switch them on and off to generate 50 to 60 hz so power will flow via the transistors to allow the power to flow to - (like a see-saw effect).

so we have our test setup, the car batt we using is 12volts 100amps. so at this end you will have 1200watts, (12v x 100a = 1200watts) on the 240 v side (high voltage ) you will less then 1200watts due to the fact you will loose some energy in the convertion due to transistors disapating heat, and the transformer it self will bleed off watts in the form of heat.

so why i explain this?

simple you can not get more power out of anything then you put in, if you do, you will be the richest person in the world and be able to have every women you want LOL, as you would have made a over unity machine or propetial motion machine that would never stop making power.

how this relates to a mod on a game, from what i seen of industrial craft they have set out to make there mod as real as possible just in a blocky universe, that has a little less tech then we do!.

so thus by using a Mv transformer to HV you would more likely get the LV range, if the transformer was powered by redstone you would to simulate a invertor effect you would just get HV but a little less then 512EU, thus i stated that there is a little problem with the transformers.

as for the illumenators well i have screens for that, and even have a screen of them next to a device called a lamp from redpower mod that gives off light from the block, as well as lights the surrounding area as i am sure the illuminator is ment to do.

• Why are you creating an analogy about car batteries and real life situations when the whole point is about IC transformers?
    They DO NOT give you free energy, it just increases the packet size.
    Packet size != eu/t.
    Transformer take in EU to fill their buffer and empty that buffer when they reach their defined threshold.
    If you upconvert 32eu/t to 128eu/t then it will take 4 ticks to fill the MV transformer and make it emit 1 packet of 128.
    Same for 512eu/t. 4 packets of 128.
    It's not free extra energy, it's a bigger packet.

LV: 32<>128
    MV: 128<>512
    HV: 512<>2048
    Transformers passively downconvert energy incoming on the 3 dotted face.
    When powered by redstone they will instead take energy from the 1 dotted faces and upconvert multiple packets into one big packet of the right column.

Buildcraft – spilling items.™

• Official Post

Do i understand you right, if i think you mean something like this:

HV LINE => :HV-Transformer: => MV Line ? If you measure the lines with your eu-reader you will get the following:
    2048eu/t :HV-Transformer: 2048eu/t And now you ask yourself why do i get the same numbers though i've transformed it?

Well that is because the transformer does the following:
    1 Package with 2048 eu comes in, the transformer takes it and splits it into 4 * 512 eu packages. But it releases those packages in the same tick. So if you read the power before the transformer and after it, your reader will not see a difference, because he can just read the whole ammount passing through the cable, even if it is once 1* 2048 and the other side 4 * 512.

Btw yes it is intentional to not loose any energy by transforming it.

• i have the screens taken from my city why i talked about the illiuminators.

Please notice the tile does not emit light only the surrounding area, but when it flashs it does imit a glow on the TILE, why cant it emit a steady glow from the tile when powered?

in the photo there is a Redstone lamp there great they emit light from the lamp as well as the surrounding area but they take up a lot of room thus i use the IC2 Illiminators in places where i just need a tile light but wondered why they not emit light from the Tile ( source ) and only light up the area?

• Hang on, I'm going to test something, yep, it's working as intended. The EU reader is measuring the EU/t going through that cable, since the EU/t doesn't change, only the HV-MV unit, it returns 512 EU/t.

EDIT: I'm still not certain I understand your luminator problem though

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• i added a pic of what i mean by lumination, here is the photo again as you can see the tile does not glow but the area around it does, but when it flashes you can see clearly the tile will light up why can it be lit up constantly on the TILE as well as light the Surrounding Area.

In this screen you will see the Industrial craft illuminator and a Red Power lamp notice the lamp lights from its tiles and the surrounding area?.
    or are we going to say thats too real if the Tile given off light as well as the Surrounding area because it would be too realistic?

Please look at the screen below

• Now I have to get redpower!

yes red power is very good mod well writen only frams can be buggy sometimes if you have tooo many but thats another storie

Red Power and Industrial Craft are the two mods that i cant live with out.

buildcraft has some cool things too and alot of them interact with Industrial craft.

I would love to see Industrial craft come out with some sort of large scale steam turbine power plant, but thats another topic.

• i guess no one cares to improve that part of the mod with the illuminators :( or do not want to hurt there ego's.

Pitty i think the Illuminators would look great lighting up the surrounding area as well as it self lighting up.

• i guess no one cares to improve that part of the mod with the illuminators :( or do not want to hurt there ego's.

Pitty i think the Illuminators would look great lighting up the surrounding area as well as it self lighting up.

I don't think anyone is having the problems you are having, I just tried it in the most recent version, and there are no problems with it.