[Suggestion] Steam Pressure Reaktor

• Okay, i love the option for steam produktion for the nuclear reaktor.
    problem is, you cant add enough pipes to the reactor, because it has not enough faces to add pipes! (you need 4 per steam turbine, to produce 100eu/tic)
    my suggestion is:
    if you want to produce steam with your reaktor, you have to improve it, without a change in the config.
    the reaktor and chambers will be the same, but add an additional block...
    "high pressure reaktor containment" (short HPRC)
    crafting:
    :Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating:
    :Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating:
    very simple.
    add them around the reactor chambers.
    in order to create a steam producing reaktor, you have to cover all sites of the reactor with those HPRC blocks. (or 2 layers, for more maximum pressure)
    now, you can pipe water into the reaktor containment and when your reaktor has produced enough heat, steam get produced for your turbines.
    more heat = more steam, but with too much heat, the reactor will explode ofc
    additional: used steam will reduce the heatlevel of the reactor. you have to balance the heat at a good level, so the reactor produces enough steam for some turbines and dont explode ^^´
    and you HAVE to pump out the steam, when too much pressure is inside the reactor, it will explode too.
    why someone should build a steam pressure reaktor in the first place?
    its way more efficient AND the steam useage will redúce the heatlevel too, so whole new reaktor setups are possible.
    and ofc, its more believable, when the reaktor has water, to produce steam XD
    okay, start flame me now XD

• Okay, my own two credits:

Not a bad idea, per se. I can agree with the Reactor Containment paneling or implement a new reactor component that does the same thing in a sense. However the steam should spill out into BC waterproof pipes automatically, considering the gaseous nature of steam in the first place (I'm well aware it's registered in the Forge 'liquid' directory, leave me alone...). I do like the idea of the steam acting as a minimally-efficient cooling agent though (perhaps half as efficient as a standard 10k cooling cell?).

The "believability" factor? Yeah... I'm going to hate myself for this, but: this is Minecraft, realism and physics are shoved out of the spotlight.

• More of a railcraft thing, but i can certainly imagine a steam boiler with a fission based firebox instead of making regular reactors spew steam. It even works with the math- say you craft a max sized boiler, each firebox (fissionbox?) would need to be crafted out of exactly one reactor chamber in order to have the same inventory as a 6-chambered reactor. Works even on principle: a boiler needs a constant source of heat, and the firebox needs to exert as much heat as possible for a long time without melting itself down!

• More of a railcraft thing, but i can certainly imagine a steam boiler with a fission based firebox instead of making regular reactors spew steam. It even works with the math- say you craft a max sized boiler, each firebox (fissionbox?) would need to be crafted out of exactly one reactor chamber in order to have the same inventory as a 6-chambered reactor. Works even on principle: a boiler needs a constant source of heat, and the firebox needs to exert as much heat as possible for a long time without melting itself down!

Oooh, I like this idea. Nuclear Firebox... It has a nice ring about it.

...Someone call GregT! We have another potential compatibility idea here!

• Official Post

Oooh, I like this idea. Nuclear Firebox... It has a nice ring about it.

...Someone call GregT! We have another potential compatibility idea here!

Why should one call me? I read it anyways.

Its a good suggestion to make a Nuclear Firebox, which works like a Nuclearreactor with a Boiler Ontop. Problem is, that there is no Firebox-API, so CovertJaguar and Richard should talk about that compatiblity.

• The problem is that those Pipes MUST not connect to each other, making golden ones a disadvantage. I think placing the Reactor right adjacent to the Turbines will also work, as it does that with Boilers too.

jeah, i know, i have 14 seperate pipes, who are not connecting to each other. hm, steam turbines direkt attached to the reactor? dunno, ill try, but my ideo would allow some interesting setups =)

• connect the reactor to a iron tank (larger the better) it will dump ALL its steam into one by just 1 face connected to 1 valve block, you can then pump out the steam using autarchic + gold pipes or valve pipes + industrial steam pipes (denpipes addon to BC)

this also allows you to run a high end microcycle, fill up the tank at like 4000 steam / tick for as long as the reactor wont overheat or the tank gets full and while the reactor cools down your turbines work thru the massive burst of steam that got dumped into the tank, if you balance it right just as the reactor hits 0 heat you're almostt out of steam ready for another huge burst

easy EFF7 without Lapis or coolling cell exchange.

• Why should one call me? I read it anyways.

Its a good suggestion to make a Nuclear Firebox, which works like a Nuclearreactor with a Boiler Ontop. Problem is, that there is no Firebox-API, so CovertJaguar and Richard should talk about that compatiblity.

Sorry about that. I should've marked the phrase with a "[/sarcasm]" But seriously, I figured that the best person to deal with this would be you. *looks at GregTech* *jaw falls to bedrock level*

• ll t

connect the reactor to a iron tank (larger the better) it will dump ALL its steam into one by just 1 face connected to 1 valve block, you can then pump out the steam using autarchic + gold pipes or valve pipes + industrial steam pipes (denpipes addon to BC)

this also allows you to run a high end microcycle, fill up the tank at like 4000 steam / tick for as long as the reactor wont overheat or the tank gets full and while the reactor cools down your turbines work thru the massive burst of steam that got dumped into the tank, if you balance it right just as the reactor hits 0 heat you're almostt out of steam ready for another huge burst

easy EFF7 without Lapis or coolling cell exchange.

well THATS an idea!
    i will try it out too =)
    turbines directly attached to the reaktor works very well by the way.
    but the suggestion is still awesome XD