Lead Ore, and Reactor improvements

• Since the inside of Reactor's walls have Lead in them, add Lead ore and put it in the recipe for Reinforced Stone, or add Another stone that has lead. Also add a Poison effect if you get to close to a reactor without a haz-mat suit.

• Adding an ore to world gen has to have a pretty major use to even have a chance of being accepted, and this doesn't really propose any major uses, also your poison effect suggestion is essentially radiation which has been denied before.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Adding an ore to world gen has to have a pretty major use to even have a chance of being accepted, and this doesn't really propose any major uses, also your poison effect suggestion is essentially radiation which has been denied before.

It wouldn't be that hard to do in current IC2, actually. Instead of adding Lead in directly, you could instead give Reinforced stone or Mixed metal alloys an alternate recipe to work with base off the Forge ore dictionary (much like how Glass fiber cable use silver as well as redstone)...

And adding a poison area-of-effect mechanic to Reactors would be similar to how Beacons work. Only question would be how to code RF stone deflection of that said debuff effect...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Lead has many industrial applications! Nearly half of the lead production in the United States is used in making lead-acid batteries (millions of tons). Lead has been used in the past to make pigments, ducting, roofing, pipes, and more recently is being used in semiconductors for making photovoltaic cells.

Also, I could have sworn that sufficiently hot reactors damage the player now, and that one of the things a Hazmat suit does is protect you from it.

EDIT: Forgot a few uses for lead! It's used for solder, it has been added to fuels to reduce engine knock (now banned in most countries due to environmental damage), and interestingly is used in electrical cord insulation (Lead-doped PVC). Also, if/when industrium conflict drops, ammunition.

• Mah boi, one does not simply suggest realism in the IC2 forum. For your sanity install Factorization or Thermal Expansion, they both have Lead Ore. >.>

• I already tried pushing for Lead a long time ago when I joined the forums. I don't think it's going to happen, because Alblaka really likes his rechargeable tin batteries (come on, not even Lithium???).

I'm glad Gregtech is here to add more ways to destroy our environment, because if we can pull it off in reality, we should be at least be able to pull it off in a game as well. Can we dump radioactive leaded waste into oceans to reduce the amount of fish? Because that would be pretty funny.

*using coal generators for too long turns clouds gray and lowers them to surface level, smoggy days : /