[Reactor Designs] The GregTech-Thread for Reactor Designs! (Please dont spam me like Rick, with tons of noobish Plans, PLEASE!!!)

• Official Post

We all know about the Reactor Planner making us able to use the Reactor Components of GregTech.
    As these Designs are not supposed to be added to the regular Thread, I open this Thread for it.

Make sure to proof your Design by letting a simulation run through the Computer Cube! Sometimes the Planner doesnt seem to work correctly, but my ComputerCube is 100% accurate, as its a real simulated Reactor ingame. I will mention Bugs to Talonius.

Here is a bad example:
    Simple Thorium Reactor, Infinite Cycle, but with a secret EasterEgg
    This melts most things after 400 seconds, and explodes 28 seconds later. Great, right?

So if its not simulated in the ComputerCube to proof it, it doesnt count!
    You can now Post without testing them inside the ComputerCube, as I will test the Designs anyways. But dont give me Designs to explode the Base.

I will most likely update this List irregularily, as I have to open Minecraft to test the Designs.

Here is my own Idiot Proof Design for Thorium Reactors:
    Simple Design 1
    Produces: 28.000.000 EU at 28 EU/t with Eff 7
    Runs forever * /

And here another good one, which saves 2 Iridium Plates:
    Simple Design 2
    Produces: 56.000.000 EU at 56 EU/t with Eff 7
    Runs forever * /

Pretty much the same as Simple Design 2, but needs Gold Vents and only 2 Chambers:
    Cheaper Version of Simple Design 2 by Talonius
    Produces: 56.000.000 EU at 56 EU/t with Eff 7
    Runs forever * /

More Expensive Thorium Reactor by SSD
    Produces: 112.000.000 EU at 112 EU/t with Eff 7
    Runs forever * /

Plutonium is what you have?
    A simple Plutonium Reactor with Iridium Reflectors by raGan
    Produces: 52.800.000 EU at 120 EU/t with Eff 6
    Runs forever + /

You need a simple and extremly cheap Breeder? This is our simple 0-Chamber Solution:
    Cheap Breeder by SSD
    Produces: Reenriched Cells, and minor EU output of 1000000.
    Runs forever * /

Thutmose has a compilation Post of his Designs. Make sure to check it out.
    The Post

/ = until you need to resupply Nuclear Fuel.
    - = until you need to resupply Coolant Condensators or similar.
    * = 5 times longer than regular Uranium.
    + = 2 times longer than regular Uranium.

• Btw, the planner now knows about Plutonium's x2 EU and x2.25 heat as well as Thorium's 20% EU and 25% heat. It should be better at predicting the results of using those two.

Edit: Also, I like 2 or 3 chamber designs.. it allows for a 'wall' of reactors, perfect for a radioactive maniac ;)

• Try this one instead.

Also, I like how iridium reflectors are being used in the new GT designs like people have a chest full of them 'just in case'. Bare in mind the under the default settings, those things take 8 Berylium cells each to make and one cell needs either 16 ender pearl dust or ~10 emerald dust to make. ;)

ouch. :(
    That's what I get for trying to out-design the guy who made the reactor planner. :D

• Here are my reactor designs, I will update this post with any changes or additions

All of these designs have either been tested in game in a reactor, or in a GregTech computer cube.

Thorium based Safe breeder

This breeder reactor recharges over 400 uranium cells per thorium, will never explode, and does not damage the player. Note: Due to the computer cube not working properly for breeders, this one officially "does not count"

Mark 1 7/7 reactor

140EU/t
    The only thing on this that is GregTech are the neutron reflectors, but I linked it as a use for all of the uranium cells bred using the above reactor. (note, I managed to make one of these on my hardcore map, while i was working on the iridium reflectors, i ran it with a bunch of single uranium cells instead.)

Mark 1 3.33/5 reactor

200 EU/t
    If copper is low, but uranium cells are abundant (due to using the breeder i linked) This is what can be used if no iridium reflectors are available.

Mark 1 Plutonium Reactor

280EU/t
    Finally fixed the error i had in the cooling.

Fixed the "bad idea" reactor:

112EU/t mark 1 7/7 reactor

The Portapack : 32EU/t, 3.2/5 Thorium based reactor, for your low voltage outpost power needs.

Note: this could be arranged to get 33EU/t, with 1 less thorium cell (3.67/5) but then would no longer qualify for a LV supply (I use this to provide steam for my engines powering my oil wells).
    33EU/t, notsoPortapack

The Single Reactor Plutonium Pack : 70EU/t out of one block. Downaide? only 2.33 efficiency. Upside? 70EU/t, and cheap.

For those of you who have giant reserves of iridium neutron reflectors:

The Pricey single chamber Plutonium Pack : 50EU/t, 5/5 reactor.

for some reason, someone wanted a mark-1 reactor with 2 quad plutonium cells, well here it is: dual-Quad-Pu

• Official Post

If greg decides to implement my suggestion that plutonium cells be able to be bred from depleted uranium cells (like they are IRL) then this would be a decent reactor to use. (maybe have centrifuge recipe where certain number of re-enriched isotope cells -> plutonium cells, as that is what would actually be in the re-enriched cells)

Update to the latest Version and try to Centrifuge reenriched Cells like Uranium Dust.

• A mis-placed post on Rick's reactor design list has reminded me about something I missed...

- The planner now copes properly (I hope) with designs that mix different cell types, the design will be run for the duration of the longest lasting cell.
    - If a Uranium/Plutonium cell expires mid-simulation, the planner will assume it gets replaced, needed resources will be adjusted accordingly.
    - Uranium/Plutonium cells that have been replaced in a design will be highlighted yellow and have additional tooltip info.

• hi a complete nuclear noob here, i have been trying this design clicky, while the planner says it will work the computer cube says it wont, however in my test world it has successfully ran fine without any problems :huh: a bit confused on that. Also if anyone has some nice single block reactor designs i would love to see them :) ideally some nice thorium ones :D would be nice to have a few small low maintenance reactors for all sorts of things.

• My favorite design, of course with a automated shutdown. The Nuclear Controll Thermal Monitior Gives a signal at 7.000 Heat, which makes a piston extending. The Extending Piston stop the redstone signal coming from a lever, let it pass again at under 7.000 Heat(When the Thermal Monitors Signal is Offline, it waits 2 seconds untill the reactor runs again. The good thing on this design is, that it shutdown automated, or when you pull the lever. I will later add a photo of the clock and an automated shutdown when <Put in Storagedevice her> is full!

• http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…mxa7pj6kuaodds7n339xd3bwg

its a simple reactor i built out of boredom but it says it works its eff is 5.60, 2240 eu/t plutonium quad reactor.
    i know only an insane person would build one like that but its cheaper than some ive seen. feel free to use it.... at your own risk i might add

That has an efficiency of 2.57 which is pretty bad. You need to look at the "Resources Needed" tab, and look at the "Running Cost" of the reactor. Condensators are NOT free. You have to recharge them with Redstone. And Redstone is NOT free. The "Running Cost" should take into account the UU matter cost to replace the copper used to make quad cells, and also the UU matter cost to recharge the Condensators with Redstone. So your reactor is only producing 46% the energy that you think it is... because you have to account for the cost to replace all the materials each run.

Bottom line is that Condensators are NEVER efficient, which is why you'll never find a "good" reactor that uses them.

Edit: More information can also be found on the "Condensators and Replacements Information" section of the reactor planner. Each run of your reactor will require 13,467 Redstone to recharge all the Condensators. That's a little over 210 STACKS of Redstone every time you run your "simple" reactor. So it is NOT "cheaper" than some you've seen.

• Hi all. I'm really like thorium, and automatisation. And i like small count of reactors (because of automatisation) and big counts of EU (because...never mind). So i'm using this one if i have no a lot of copper input, this, if i have copper (or this to get more EU at a time) or this, if i have recourses for it.
    I can't imagine how to improve efficiency of it without reduction of power output. And i think, it's can be a way for it.

• Hi all. I'm really like thorium, and automatisation. And i like small count of reactors (because of automatisation) and big counts of EU (because...never mind). So i'm using this one if i have no a lot of copper input, this, if i have copper (or this to get more EU at a time) or this, if i have recourses for it.
    I can't imagine how to improve efficiency of it without reduction of power output. And i think, it's can be a way for it.

What is important is Efficiency, you can set up multiple reactors with the same number of thorium cells total and you get higher output total. And did you test them all in G.L.A.D-OS?

• Yeah, have tested them in computercube, and i'm using them on server, so they definetly works for now.
    I like automatically working structures like "put uranium in a chest and forgot about energy problem", so stacking a lot of reactors causes complication of scheme, which can be a little bit lagging. That's why i trying to get more EU/t from one reactor, instead of just using more of it.

• Official Post

Hi all. I'm really like thorium, and automatisation. And i like small count of reactors (because of automatisation) and big counts of EU (because...never mind). So i'm using this one if i have no a lot of copper input, this, if i have copper (or this to get more EU at a time) or this, if i have recourses for it.

All 4 are Resource Inefficient. They are just wasting Thorium. The only relatively (in comparsion to the others) good one is the first where you just put the Cells into a 4x6-Rectangle.