Cross-mod oregen compatibility

• Idea is not so hard. When ore generating mods (like forestry) are present, IC either prevents them from generating their ore dictionary ores, which IC has(like tin and copper) or stops itself from generating its own ore \unless specified\. Quite useful feature and it would take just several lines of code.

• Official Post

Like RawCode once said: The Oredictionary (btw go to Forge with this Suggestion as Forge isnt IC2), should give you the first registered Ore of said kind, so that you dont generate other Ores.

But there is (almost) always a Config if you dislike Oregeneration of other Mods, so I think this will get shut down as its not really needed.

• this up to forge completely, since it shoud implement item-block registration overrides and completely prevent more then one mod from registering singletron objects, not registering 100500 recipes for every variant.

only option for you - to disable oregen in IC2 config.

• I know about the config options, but really - when I create modpack the last problem I usually encounter is WHICH FRIGGIN MOD DID ADD THIS GODDAMN ORE I THOUGHT I DISABLED THEM ALL.
    you know, only metallurgy has COLORED ore name, so...it takes a while to remember all ore adding mods

Thanks, I ll proceed to forge forum.

• There is one problem with it. What is good amount of ore to generate and how to balance it? Good solution would be one central ore generation mod, I hoped metallurgy would be a good candidate for it, but it doesn't seem so now (fantasy metals, non opensource, various unneeded junk). Bigger issue I think is with many different ingots/dusts etc. There are some tries for cleaning it up, like forge lexicon, or some GT automation things (I don't use that part of this addon), but ore dictionary just tells that items can be used in the same recipes, not that they are the same.

• I'm kinda against this, tbh... I like ore gen to be mod dependent, as you have no idea what you may be turning off when you begin limiting your worldly supply.

But then again.. I hear that people are drawn to masochism with Minecraft, so meh...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Worst things with those multiple ores is not multi-generation. You can turn ores off in most mods.
    Quite more needed mechanism to unite the same ores/ingots/nuggets/dusts from different mods under the same id/texture. It is very inconvenient to mine several types of the same ore.

• Worst things with those multiple ores is not multi-generation. You can turn ores off in most mods.
    Quite more needed mechanism to unite the same ores/ingots/nuggets/dusts from different mods under the same id/texture. It is very inconvenient to mine several types of the same ore.

Not for me...

1. Process ore
    2. Smelt dusts
    3. Craft blocks of said ingots
    4. Uncraft Cu/Sn/Pb blocks
    5. ???
    6. Profit

(However, with factorization silver, it seems to screw with your Ag dust production, so I wouldn't recommend following this method for that...)

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

• If you go mining yourself, you need at least one slot for each ore. It is inconvenient with many different ores around.
    If you use Quarry, Miner, "excavate", Arcane Bore or any other "industrial" method to acquire ores, you lose adventure part of game.

• If you go mining yourself, you need at least one slot for each ore. It is inconvenient with many different ores around.
    If you use Quarry, Miner, "excavate", Arcane Bore or any other "industrial" method to acquire ores, you lose adventure part of game.

One word: Backpacks...

Lots and lots of backpacks. Even the cheap 15 slot ones are real spiffy for storage...