[MC 1.4.6] Open Beta v1.112

• We finally wrote a mod that collects all of ic2's console errors and returns them as debug errors. Forge log still logs them but the server ram is no longer consumed until it crashes. Also our console no longer as any ic2 related messages period. I guess this is the route us server owners are going to have to take today when we want things fixed.

Are you talking about the console spam? If so, calm down, that was fixed a while ago, just grab the latest version here.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• We finally wrote a mod that collects all of ic2's console errors and returns them as debug errors. Forge log still logs them but the server ram is no longer consumed until it crashes. Also our console no longer as any ic2 related messages period. I guess this is the route us server owners are going to have to take today when we want things fixed.

The way you say it sounds like Alblaka/Player/RichardG/etc. don't do a thing. They listen to constructive criticism and fix it, but if you're going to post it like this, they'll probably ignore you. They're constantly fixing/updating IC2, just not "releasing" the latest version because if they do, and it has even one tiny bug, someone like you will yell at them (imo).

• I've come across an issue that doesn't seem to be covered here.

The nightvision goggles seem to be missing from the item_0.png file in this BETA release. Ingame, a purple square with a dark purple border appears in place of the item. The texture for the goggles themselves shows up just fine though. I only noticed since I'm patching together my Painterly texture pack to handle the textures from various mods.

Anyone else have this issue?

• I've come across an issue that doesn't seem to be covered here.

The nightvision goggles seem to be missing from the item_0.png file in this BETA release. Ingame, a purple square with a dark purple border appears in place of the item. The texture for the goggles themselves shows up just fine though. I only noticed since I'm patching together my Painterly texture pack to handle the textures from various mods.

Anyone else have this issue?

Hasn't it been missing since its release, or at least since ~1.107/1.108? Check the bugtracker for your issue before you post here... And either way, they should go on the bugtracker, not here.

• You realize the error you're reporting has been reported at least ~10 times by now...
    It means the machines are in unloaded chunks, and therefore cannot emit energy, even though they want to.

Ah, now that you mention it I do remember reading that before. Guess I just forgot to make the connection :)

But on that topic, is there any reason I, as a server owner, need to see these warnings? What am I supposed to do about them? Go place chunk loaders around everyone's machines and add to the server load? I'd prefer an option to at least turn them off and save some log file space :)

• Wliu
    They would and I do like the 1-chunk at a time the spot loaders do, I just would prefer to less of them to lessen the lag impact. Memory's not a problem, it's the amount of checks that have to be taken into account every tick. So if the machines aren't in a loaded chunk they're not adding to that list. Although it almost seems like they are in some sort of list to be checked given the WARNINGS :p

• Use >>this mod<< (your players will not need to install it):

If you want a mining laser with an alternative, harder recipe, you can check out GregTech, which also nerfs a lot of other things. (all can be configured).

Thanks for answer, but this mod doesn't seems to working, it doesn't removing recipes. Anyway I added GregTech to my Minecraft so I don't really care now, but anyway I want to know a way for recipe removing.

• Thanks for answer, but this mod doesn't seems to working, it doesn't removing recipes. Anyway I added GregTech to my Minecraft so I don't really care now, but anyway I want to know a way for recipe removing.

I remember a few people saying that IC2 uses a custom recipe adder, so that mod doesn't work with it.

• There is an issue with the nuclear reactors on my game. I am using multiMC, not sure if that matters at all. basically made a reactor with 6 additional chambers, put a full single uranium cell in the center most position (had to go one up as there is no vertical center), if I place a depleted isotope cell next to it in about 0.5 seconds it is fully enriched. this is great and all but feels like cheating...

• apologies, I am a n00b at IC, I admit it and accept it. I am not a creative mode n00b however, I am a redpower and computercraft man. I apologize that I was unaware of the correct thread to report this at, I assumed that pr bugs should not go on the main page, it appears I was incorrect. I searched this thread for the words "cell" and "uranium" but got nothing so I assumed it had not been reported. sorry for wasting your time

• Don't mind RawCode, he has great difficulty being polite, as I'm sure you've noticed. I rather expect the creative/NEI depleted cells are meant to spawn that way to make it easier to test something, but I'm fairly certain if you give yourself a uranium ingot and eight cells and craft them together, you should get normal depleted cells. Give that a try, it may help.

(also please do note the OP of this thread specifies explicitly that bug reports for this build should go on the bug tracker)