Any chance of getting rid of debugging on release versions?

• 2012-12-25 04:26:55 [WARNING] [IC2] EnergyNet.emitEnergyFrom: ic2.core.block.wiring.TileEntityTransformerLV@4409b956 is not added to the enet

Getting that about 1000 times a second is starting to cause some performance issues. What is the reason for it to still be in the client/server? It seems like if you have half a energy net loaded in chunks and half out it really starts to frack things up.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• I'm also seconding this. I had a server crash due to no disk space... woke up to a user calling me saying server was down, checked things and had over 4GB of logs with this repeated so much it wasn't funny:

2012-12-26 14:47:47 [WARNING] [IC2] API ERROR: ic2.core.block.machine.tileentity.TileEntityMacerator@6b4ee030 didn't implement demandsEnergy() properly, no energy from injectEnergy accepted although demandsEnergy() returned true.

• Or limit it to once per block.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• I would love the ability to disable this spam, or at the very least have it spit it out once and only once into the log.

With the 1.112 betas, which are needed for Minecraft 1.4.6, my server log grows to hundreds of MB very quickly. I've tried the industrialcraft-2_1.112.183-lf.jar version on the IC2 Jenkins and it's still a problem. It seems to be related to base IC2 machines not implementing their own API correctly.

• I would love the ability to disable this spam, or at the very least have it spit it out once and only once into the log.

With the 1.112 betas, which are needed for Minecraft 1.4.6, my server log grows to hundreds of MB very quickly. I've tried the industrialcraft-2_1.112.183-lf.jar version on the IC2 Jenkins and it's still a problem. It seems to be related to base IC2 machines not implementing their own API correctly.

That's rather odd given i've not noticed anything like that via the server I run. (running 112.176) All I get is the usual startup spam (which is steadily getting larger)
    Also don't notice it on the client when i'm testing something in the test world.

• That's rather odd given i've not noticed anything like that via the server I run. (running 112.176) All I get is the usual startup spam (which is steadily getting larger)
    Also don't notice it on the client when i'm testing something in the test world.

Are you running on a new fresh world or one you upgraded from Minecraft 1.4.5?

I just tried IC2 112.176 and am still getting the massive API ERROR spam in the console, 20+ times a second.

2012-12-27 10:24:29 [WARNING] [IC2] API ERROR: ic2.core.block.machine.tileentity.TileEntityInduction@19f0969 didn't implement demandsEnergy() properly, no energy from injectEnergy accepted although demandsEnergy() returned true.

• I know you just said you don't want to reply, but you guys have departments? Don't all IC2 dev's have the entire codebase available to them?

Doesn't mean they all know how all of it works. IIRC Player wrote the energy net code so he understands it best.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Are you running on a new fresh world or one you upgraded from Minecraft 1.4.5?

new 1.4.5 world.

Figures though, I speak of it and the problem suddenly appears. Only getting it with macerators, which I didn't have any of until recently (mainly use TE pulverizors)

• I've done some more research into this issue and it seems to start happening once you get a certain number of cable length away from a power source. You won't see it usually with just a couple machines hooked directly or nearly directly up to a power source.

The attached screenshot shows a setup that works with no spam, but if I add a single induction furnace to either end, I start getting spam for that furnace. Add all four and that's 4 spams multiple times a second. For reference, the power source is one of APM's Adjustable Emitters set to 32 eu packet size and 2048 eu/t output. Plenty of power going into the system, just not being used correctly.

This looks like possibly a combination of EnergyNet and machines not working properly and it really needs a fix. The sucky thing is, the machines DO get powered, they are just spamming up the client/server console and lagging the hell outta the game.

--edit--

Looks like Player fixed it for the next release.
    http://bt.industrial-craft.net/view.php?id=213#c584

Confirmed, tried the latest build (184) and the spam is gone, energy net is working correctly.
    http://ic2api.player.to:8080/job/IC2_lf/184/