Suggestions: electric tree tap

• How about an Electric tree tap? we have the other electric tools so I would like to see this as well. And its not because a tree tap is expensive to make but I like the whole electric tool thing and it would have more uses :)

• I like this idea, maybe like...
    _ I _
    I C I
    I _ _

I = Refined Iron
    C = Circuit

I am not even picky on what it takes to craft, however I would like to see a battery in there someone as a place to hold the charge maybe...
    _|_
    |C|
    |B|
    |= refined Iron
    C = circuit
    B = Re batt

shoot even if it was an advanced circuit I would still make it.

• Yeah I didn't really think about it, but I guess it does make sense that it would need a battery
    Silly me :P

• main part of electrical treetap - more resin, not rechargebility, cos wooden planks basically free.

Yes, but Rechargeable comes with the territory of having a re-battery in the mix. And the part of it being electric. And Circuits aren't free. :) (Plus planks are hard to come by in the middle of a DESERT!)

• Yes, but Rechargeable comes with the territory of having a re-battery in the mix. And the part of it being electric. And Circuits aren't free. :) (Plus planks are hard to come by in the middle of a DESERT!)

Rubber trees dont grow in deserts.

• Official Post

Electric treetap? Hell, let's throw in an electric flint and steel, an electric bow, an electric fishing rod, an electric hoe (sounds like a band.. Electric Hoe and the Redstone Wire Kids)...

...an electric jukebox, electric doors, electric fences, electric stairs...

...electric signposts, electric soup bowls (another good band name?), electric wool (from electric sheep, of course!)...

No, but seriously, I kid because I love. I think we should have an electric teetap too, now that you mention it. :) They're basically free anyway, I'd pay the extra resources to get one I could just throw in the batbox when I was done with it.

• Must control laughter... Must control Laughter....

AHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAAHHA

Failed again....

I have to note, having an electric fishing pole would be cool. It would simply be a teslacoil on a stick, and a gravitational field manipulator, so as to kill the fish and pull them out of the water towards you.

• Sounds ridiculous... too many electrical tools can be a bad thing...

However, what would be neat is an automatic tree pump that drains resin out of the holes that form in rubber trees. Basically, you would place the pump over the hole, and over time, the pump would extract resin out of the tree. This pump could also be connected to chest, whereby it would automatically store the pumped resin into it. But of course, this device requires power, and needs to be either wired by copper wires, or given energy via RE Batteries to function... (or possibly, have a solar power connected to said cable so it doesn't constantly need energy)...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Actually, after Drashian actually implemented it as an addon, despite it being a joke, and not in the slightest practicle, I have to say, What we really need now, is solar panel hats.

You just take 8 solar panels and stick them together around a nano-suit head-piece, and any time you are out in the sunlight, it will charge the helmet (8EU/t ofc) (retains underwater breathing ability) and can be stuck in a machine to discharge it, similar to batteries or whatever else. Also, it will, if full, and you have equipped anything else that uses power and is not full, it will charge those instead.
    Makes for a good way to keep your bat-pack running even when stranded away from civilization, since all your equipment will automatically recharge (extremely slowly ofc, 160 EU/second, so it would take ~6 minutes to charge a batpack)

This is actually an idea suggested by my friend when we were having too much fun talking about industrial-craft.

• Official Post

What is this, I don't even... MinecraftSquid Heeehehehe. Certainly doable, although making more addons is probably gonna be back burner to core stuff for a while, so maybe another aspiring modder with IC2 source/MCP-decompile could take a crack at it. But how are you planning to fit eight solar panels on your head? 8|

Also: Derail'd! Promise I really will get the electric treetap written. Actually, I could do that as an addon first too. That's really a pretty good way to test drive potential new items and machines.