~0.7.0-534~ MachineMuse's Modular Powersuits

• will it have wall-climbing module? i always thought it'd be cool if there was a spider like everything-is-ladder ability!

for use in building structures, decorating walls, easy and smooth maneuvering around and epic pre-jet parkour (which also eliminates the infamous first person perspective distance misjudgment- even if you fall short, you can still smoothly climb up and continue).

what can possibly more awesome than sticking on the inner walls and ambushing people in their own house? Finally being able to place that one missing block in the middle of that wall, facing the right way up this time. that's what.

• will it have wall-climbing module? i always thought it'd be cool if there was a spider like everything-is-ladder ability!

for use in building structures, decorating walls, easy and smooth maneuvering around and epic pre-jet parkour (which also eliminates the infamous first person perspective distance misjudgment- even if you fall short, you can still smoothly climb up and continue).

what can possibly more awesome than sticking on the inner walls and ambushing people in their own house? Finally being able to place that one missing block in the middle of that wall, facing the right way up this time. that's what.

That's a good idea :) I'll add it to the to-do list when I get home.

• loving this mod!

Not sure if this is a bug or my fault but Ive noticed that if I try to machine gun the plasma cannon for too long the game runs out of memory.

as for a module idea:
    I'm not sure if this is within the scope of this mod, but what about a computer craft module for the powertool? the image in my head is something like a little computer craft terminal w/ a wireless node that a player can carry with them, allowing for remote activation of their CC controlled monstrosities!

• Alternatively, a computer module that allows a computer to adjust the overclocking on your tools and armor, and read various stats about your character. It would be really cool to have a program that automatically modulates your jetpack thrust based on your altitude, or adjusts the speed of your tools depending on what you are mining, or how much energy you have left. You could even have it kick on some more generators in preparation for you having to charge your suit a bunch, or switch some processes into automatic mode when you are a certain distance away from your base. you could look at open CC sensors, I'm sure they might be able to help you with something like this.

• Hi :D
    i have some module ideas:
    1. auras (regen to friends, speedbuff or maybe poison to others)
    2. bonemeal effect (makes plants arround you grow faster for the cost of power)
    3. auto harvest mode (harvests all fully grown plants and grass arround you)
    4. magnet mode (like NEI magnetmode: sucks in items from father away)

P.S. i love your mod :D :thumbup: nicely done

• I agree, this is a really cool mod!

Is the aurameter really not finished yet? I remember trying it out and it seems fine to me, but Dire didn't say so in his spotlight.

• I agree, this is a really cool mod!

Is the aurameter really not finished yet? I remember trying it out and it seems fine to me, but Dire didn't say so in his spotlight.

I actually talked to Azanor between the time when Dire recorded the video and the time when it was made public :P So yes. It's not finished in that it only does the HUD thing so far, not the cauldron aspects or the aura nodes, but the HUD part does work :)

Also on the topic of goggles: Experimental build has some night vision goggles in case anyone wants to try them out and let me know if there are any issues. :3

• I'll be your guinea pig any time! :P
    Also oh my, the night vision is, from what I can tell, flawless. You even managed to put the effect on without the 'potion effect'. No particles, no problem. I couldn't manage that with my foray into modding.
    Does this mean.. we might see a sweet particle-less active camouflage? ;)

• I'll be your guinea pig any time! :P
    Also oh my, the night vision is, from what I can tell, flawless. You even managed to put the effect on without the 'potion effect'. No particles, no problem. I couldn't manage that with my foray into modding.
    Does this mean.. we might see a sweet particle-less active camouflage? ;)

What, really? I got sparkles when I was testing it in smp... but maybe those were because I was also testing with the night vision potion to try and stop them from conflicting. Cool :D What I've done is give it an amplitude of -337, something which shouldn't normally be possible, because the Night Vision effect doesn't make use of the amplitude. That way I can identify the buff as my own instead of a potion effect, and because the potion is guaranteed to have a higher amplitude, the potion overrides mine for as long as it's active :)

And, er, yes, an active camouflage module is definitely possible then :3 I'm not sure how to price it though...maybe some control circuits, holograms, and field emitters?

• No sparkles in SSP, didn't test SMP yet.
    That price sounds completely reasonable, as well.

The only question here is how would it work? Would it be toggled via keybind (default off), or be activated via keybind for a short period of time (tinkerable duration and 'speed threshold' for sprint speed before it overloads as well), then turn itself off after the set time? (constant energy drain when active, and/or a cooldown period for the burst version?)
    High speed sprinting or high jumps might overload it, causing it to shut off.

Just thinking out loud, here.

Edit:
    WOW YOU'RE FAST, GEEZE

• Hehe ;) Mostly the same code, not hard to copy and paste and change the icon/description/name/potion ID. Anyway yeah it's by keybinds. It defaults to 'on' like everything else because I haven't fleshed out that system yet. I might have to make each module an individual class...would still be easy to extend would take a bit of refactoring to get them to work, but would probably be better than the current system... (also thinking out loud)

• Two things of note:
    •The active camo module isn't working for me at the moment, refusing to do anything even when turned off and on again
    •Shift clicking a piece of armor that has energy (a piece without a capacitor works just fine) causes a crash and prevents the world from being relogged into.
    Pastebin log here of the crash aftermath
    On 1.4.7 with forge 6.6.0.518

• Much less crashy (100% actually). :)

The module is pretty adamant on messing with me. It eats 1kW/s when on just fine and none when off, and SAYS I'm invisible (stuck at 24s).. but I'm still pretty visible. (the invisibility potion works as normal, though)

Edit:
    Okay I'm convinced you're part mind reading robot, as you've predicted what I'm gonna say seconds in advance.

• Much less crashy (100% actually). :)

The module is pretty adamant on messing with me. It eats 1kW/s when on just fine and none when off, and SAYS I'm invisible (stuck at 24s).. but I'm still pretty visible. (the invisibility potion works as normal, though)

I'm not actually even sure what invisibility potion is supposed to do. Is it purely cosmetic or are mobs supposed to ignore you?

Also, have you tried making a local dedicated server and testing it there? It seems to work for me when I launch the server separately and go 'multiplayer->localhost' but not when I go into single player :(

mind reading robot

Hence the username ;)