~0.7.0-534~ MachineMuse's Modular Powersuits

• We (royal We) at Inspiration™ Inc. LLC believe that the user is and should be treated as the architect of their own destiny. That is why we have created a Complete Idiot's Guide to powersuit creation. Modular Powersuits is a mod based around the idea of an inventor who tinkers with high-tech electronics and makes a suit of powered armor chock-full of useful gadgets and features. Inspired by heroes like Iron Man, Megaman, and Samus Aran, as well as by the high-tech armor in mods like EE2 and IC2.

First, you must verify that the laws of physics in your particular corner of the galaxy will support the use of your creativity. You can check this by temporarily removing the fourth wall and installing the following mod to your minecraft folder:
    http://machinemuse.net/
    It's compatible with and has recipes for IC2. Gregtech mode is also included!

Once you have performed the necessary applications of metaphysics, it's time to get down to the physics. To start off with, you'll need a Tinker Table and at least one powersuit item - the helmet, torso, legs, boots, or tool. The powersuit items are useless on their own, but when you access a tinker table, it will list the modules you can put in that item, and tell you the component cost.

Recipes are now hosted on a separate page because all the views were sucking my bandwidth really fast O_O

direwolf20 spotlight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXTL6oEXLeg
    AdamzoneTopMarks spotlight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6mXbjSWE4Q

Rules:
    1) Since people can't seem to be bothered with reading the todo list or even the modules that are already in the game: if you post a suggestion, please be willing to implement it yourself. The todo list is long enough as it is and if your ideas aren't on there already it's probably because they are already available as client mods, or they are not that different from functionality that is already there. It's probably not because your ideas are totally original and mind-blowing.
    2) Don't post bugs; first check here to see if they haven't already been fixed in the latest build, and if not, put them here
    3) Don't post questions that are answered in the FAQ (and especially don't post them to the bug tracker)
    4) Don't post 'OP!' or ask for cheaper/more expensive recipes
    5) No I will not teach you Java or OpenGL, and don't PM me asking me to debug your code. If you're learning Java, post in ##Java on Freenode irc. If you already know Java and are learning about Forge, post in #minecraftforge on Espernet.
    6) Yes you can use this in your own modpack, don't PM me just to ask permission.

• This seems like a cool idea. I'd really like if it provided creative-like flight in some reasonable way, the only other mod that has it for recent versions of minecrat is gravisuits and i highly dislike the complexity and costs associated with it (by the time you can make one, you already have everything and there isn't much use to it anyway)

Also can the armor act as power source for IC2 tools? If it doesn't it really should.

• This seems like a cool idea. I'd really like if it provided creative-like flight in some reasonable way, the only other mod that has it for recent versions of minecrat is gravisuits and i highly dislike the complexity and costs associated with it (by the time you can make one, you already have everything and there isn't much use to it anyway)

Between the parachute, the jetpack, and the glider, you can come pretty close. I'll see about adding a couple more options that can make aerial building easier.

Also can the armor act as power source for IC2 tools? If it doesn't it really should.

It can! Although the tools will only draw power from the chest piece currently, while my power tool will draw power from any equipped item. I might try to do something about this if it becomes an issue for people.

UE and its Hippies Flowersuit has nothing to do with IC2.

This is a separate mod from UE. I made it based on UE initially because it had an open-source license, and they gave me some hosting space because of that, but I finally got around to adding IC2 support, so I thought I'd post it here. Once I have a proper automated build system set up, it will be hosted on my own website.

• Official Post

Sengir has got electric Engines. Do you see him having a Thread here?

Not really a good Argument. This Mod is diffrent as it's making better IC²-Armor too. This is a really good Mod, but the Addons here, have to run with IC² as requirement, so unless this Mod needs both UE and IC², this doesn't really count as IC²-Addon, but as seperate Mod (or UE-Addon).

I would personally let this "IC²-Addon" stay here, as it fits to IC².

• Good news: This has IC2 support, and will be very cool. It can be recharged with IC2 or UE.
    Bad News: Assuming the file is hosted on the UE Website only, the V0.1.10 file is not present, Assuming this is the right file path, which is linked from your download page there. Might want to fix that, or provide a temporary offsite download.

Oh, and if you want to make it more expensive, you could make it use GregTech parts if it's installed. Just a idea.

Apprentice Redstoner, Professional Slacker

• Not really a good Argument. This Mod is diffrent as it's making better IC²-Armor too. This is a really good Mod, but the Addons here, have to run with IC² as requirement, so unless this Mod needs both UE and IC², this doesn't really count as IC²-Addon, but as seperate Mod (or UE-Addon).

I would personally let this "IC²-Addon" stay here, as it fits to IC².

Ah... I didn't realize it was necessary to be dependent on IC2 to be posted here. I will say, it's missing something when it can't be recharged, but it is more dependent on IC2 or UE, rather than and. And it is largely inspired by the quantum suit, so... thanks for your support at least :)

Good news: This has IC2 support, and will be very cool. It can be recharged with IC2 or UE.
    Bad News: Assuming the file is hosted on the UE Website only, the V0.1.10 file is not present, Assuming this is the right file path, which is linked from your download page there. Might want to fix that, or provide a temporary offsite download.

Ah crap! I guess I'll have to move to my personal webspace sooner than I expected. I updated the link in the OP.

Oh, and if you want to make it more expensive, you could make it use GregTech parts if it's installed. Just a idea.

That's a very good idea. It would make the most sense to use aluminum for the glider wings for example...

• whenever i try to charge your suit in an mfsu it crashes any idea why ?

You know the deal(or should by now), error logs or it didn't happen.
    Much like No pics, no clicks, if you can't supply the error log(or at least the stack trace), you can't prove you crashed.
    Also, did you happen to have the latest IC2 beta? The one from the Jenkins Build Page linked on the UE page for this(also the UE site download is working now, must have been taking a while to upload or something? If not, there's your problem, this mod REQUIRES the latest beta.

Apprentice Redstoner, Professional Slacker

• You know the deal(or should by now), error logs or it didn't happen.
    Much like No pics, no clicks, if you can't supply the error log(or at least the stack trace), you can't prove you crashed.
    Also, did you happen to have the latest IC2 beta? The one from the Jenkins Build Page linked on the UE page for this(also the UE site download is working now, must have been taking a while to upload or something? If not, there's your problem, this mod REQUIRES the latest beta.

What's the version compatibility, 1.112?

Ah, crap2! That was in the old link... I updated the OP again...it needs build #198 or higher. So required version 1.112.198-lf.

any chance of a silk touch/ fortune upgrade?

Soonish!

If there is a option to turn on "gregtech mode" in the config (make recipes expensive and possibly some use gregtech items), then I will get this mod. It seems very nice.

Is in the works.

Not for such tiny Addons. I choose the Mods for doing that myself, and I usually only take the common Mods, which almost everyone uses.

That's fine. I'll handle it :)

• Holy mother of amazing mods. I didn't believe it until I tried it out...

If I may, here's my input for what it's worth:

Pros:
    •EXTREMELY well designed HUD
    •The textures are beautiful
    •The modular nature of it comes off extremely well, everything seems to fit and have its place
    •The Tinkering, HOLY BALLS that's impressive.
    •Readable, understandable, and well informed tooltips on hover
    •Variable charging speeds for different battery levels/overclocking is great
    •The weight system really makes you choose what to add or what to leave out, so you don't overdo it. You can be a tank if you want...

Con(s):
    •Items are WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too cheap for what they do
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    You've got a bad ass mod in the works here, man. Here's some of my suggestions after giving this mod a spin:

•More expensive recipes, or a 'Gregtech' config as has been mentioned previously. Maybe make the suit not THAT expensive, but the upgrade pieces should make Greg impressed at how expensive they are. The armor upgrades (iron/diamond) should stay the same, or be replaced with a fitting alternative if using the 'Gregtech' mode (titanium/iridium instead of iron/diamond possibly)

•Higher energy consumption for more things, specifically the leg movement upgrades if not everything. Again, this can be in a config

•Seperate the 'visor' color from being overwritten by the colorizer upgrades (so if I make my helmet green, the visor stays the same blue color)

•Allow the user to be able to see the upgrades on hover of a piece of armor via subscript text (MFFS does a neat trick with hiding the information unless you hold shift, maybe ask Thunderdark if you're interested in that)

• Okay, so, I went through the IC2 components and I think I've worked out some reasonable recipes in terms of IC2 components. I'll update the OP with them in a sec. I also fixed my build script (kind of) so it should be possible to download it from the UE site again.

Hehe, thanks for the praise and the very useful feedback :) I'm still working on the api, so hopefully some of these things will become easier in the future.

1) For the energy costs - this should definitely be configurable, but more than that I want to find a sensible default. At first, I didn't have an MV or HV capacitor at all, so they were balanced around having 20-100kJ to work with. And with Gregtech or some other mod that adds a lot of detailed high-tech crafting and materials, it's quite possible that there will be an EV or even interdimensional capacitor. So I'm not really even sure where to begin. I had a silly setting in testing that set 1 J = 1 EU if UniversalElectricity isn't installed, but UniversalElectricity defaults to 50J = 1EU (which is even more frustrating because Minecraft Joules and MegaJoules have the same acronym, which is why I put a space there...) I'm considering just making it a config file option whether to display EU or Joules (or MJ), but that'll require a bit of extensive refactoring.
    2) For the GregTech recipes: again, I could use some help figuring out what people consider 'balanced' in terms of GregTech. I didn't get much chance to play on a real server with GregTech installed because when we started to try it, the 1.4.6 update happened and messed everything up. I'm hesitant to add a lot of new parts and components (aluminium plates, etc.) because as awesome as my icon artist is, I don't want to scare him off with a huge number of requests :P I do really like how GregTech registers literally everything with the Ore Dictionary, though. Makes it a lot easier to actually add the recipes.
    3) Visor colour will have to wait until I get my hands dirty with figuring out RenderPlayerAPI. There's no impact-free way (with Forge alone) to render part of the armor piece with a different colour, and in fact at the moment I'm using a bit of a dirty hack to get the armor to render with vanilla's cloth dye system. That said, having visible glider wings, ion thrusters, etc. is a high demand item, and I'm definitely not satisfied with the current way of doing it, so it's pretty high on the priority list. :)
    4) Holding shift for detailed tooltips should be easy. I'll see about getting that in for the next release.

• Ok for metals, the 2 you may be using are probably aluminium titanium iridium

As far as Teir's go

Aluminium (Possibly use gregtechs Magnesium/Aluminium plates, Magnalium)
    Titanium
    Iridium (Already have a plate form)

Circut wise there are

Data Storage Circuts (Kindof match around Aluminium/Titanium)
    Data Control Circuit (Iridium Level
    Energy Flow (Past Iridium using tungsten. Only for the most complex bits)

That would probably get a reasonable idea for the feel of things.