We (royal We) at Inspiration™ Inc. LLC believe that the user is and should be treated as the architect of their own destiny. That is why we have created a Complete Idiot's Guide to powersuit creation. Modular Powersuits is a mod based around the idea of an inventor who tinkers with high-tech electronics and makes a suit of powered armor chock-full of useful gadgets and features. Inspired by heroes like Iron Man, Megaman, and Samus Aran, as well as by the high-tech armor in mods like EE2 and IC2.
First, you must verify that the laws of physics in your particular corner of the galaxy will support the use of your creativity. You can check this by temporarily removing the fourth wall and installing the following mod to your minecraft folder:
It's compatible with and has recipes for IC2. Gregtech mode is also included!
Once you have performed the necessary applications of metaphysics, it's time to get down to the physics. To start off with, you'll need a Tinker Table and at least one powersuit item - the helmet, torso, legs, boots, or tool. The powersuit items are useless on their own, but when you access a tinker table, it will list the modules you can put in that item, and tell you the component cost.
Recipes are now hosted on a separate page because all the views were sucking my bandwidth really fast O_O
1) Since people can't seem to be bothered with reading the todo list or even the modules that are already in the game: if you post a suggestion, please be willing to implement it yourself. The todo list is long enough as it is and if your ideas aren't on there already it's probably because they are already available as client mods, or they are not that different from functionality that is already there. It's probably not because your ideas are totally original and mind-blowing.
2) Don't post bugs; first check here to see if they haven't already been fixed in the latest build, and if not, put them here
3) Don't post questions that are answered in the FAQ (and especially don't post them to the bug tracker)
4) Don't post 'OP!' or ask for cheaper/more expensive recipes
5) No I will not teach you Java or OpenGL, and don't PM me asking me to debug your code. If you're learning Java, post in ##Java on Freenode irc. If you already know Java and are learning about Forge, post in #minecraftforge on Espernet.
6) Yes you can use this in your own modpack, don't PM me just to ask permission.