[Question] Pump | Miner

• Greetings,

I know there are several Pump threads already but they're all about people working with them.
    So my question is: How exactly do I get that darn thing to work?

So far I've tried the following:

Setup 1:

- Powering it with a constant heat from a geothermal generator
    - Placing a chest next to it with buckets, then again with a chest of cells
    - Placing it near a steady supply of water, the front facing a water block
    - Putting it fully in water

----

Setup 2:

This one, I've read in the forum, so I tried it

- Setting a Miner with a chest next to it
    - Setting a Geothermal Generator powering the Miner as well as the pump
    - The Miner had a 9x9 range with the OV Scanner, I knew below me was lava
    - Setting the Pump as well as a chest with buckets or cells next to it

---

Once again nothing happened, no buckets of Lava, no buckets of Water, nothing.
    I'm really frustrated as I don't know if I'm doing something horribly wrong or not.
    I even tried a fresh install with just IC² running. The Miner does not go for the Lava , transfering it to the pump which transfers it to buckets...
    And the pump on its own does not get any water.

I've seen a video of it working tho'...
    So yeah, my question is: What am I doing wrong?

Cheers,
    HypnotoadProductions

Click the Banner to get to my channel!

• What video? I would like to see said video, as too my knowledge you cant' setup a goethermal + miner combination anymore in Industrialcraft 2.
    Though I may be wrong.

• ha, ha, enjoyed watching your youtube on the miner whilst I was trying to figure out my problem with extractor pipes.

Anyways, I blew up several miners trying to hook it directly to a MFSU. MFSU output 512 and miner input on wiki 500, so I thought it was close enough, wrong!

Then put a MV between the two and blew up the MV.

I started troubleshooting and put a batbox before the MFSU that I have connected to about 40 solor panels via fibre. I got power to the miner through the batbox but very little power to run it smoohtly.

Ended up putting an MV and then a LV transformer to the miner and runs smoothly.

From what I understand you can use a geothermal unit but you use the cells instead of buckets. But I can't find any crafting receipe for extractor pipes.

Peace!

• Due to bugs you'll need 2 pumps, only one will be used though. Place both of them next to a miner which is above lava. But in your drill, scanner and pipes. Put cells in both, only one will use them up, the other is kind of an overflow pump. And make sure all of them have chests as sometimes the miner will spit pipes out. Then power them.

• But if you are using the miner with the diamond drill, even three pupms is not enough.

Cutiemark crusaders - engineers, Yay!
    Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• Pictures? I too havent seen a good description of how to set this stuff up.

(Sorry I know it is a little complicated but it is the only picture I have on hand.)

Below is an advanced setup that I tested on a TMI world, please ignore the nuclear bomb testing hole at the top part of the screen. ;) There are 4 miners here, each one has 2 pumps right next to it, each machine has a chest next to it, in the middle there is one geothermal generator to power all of them. (One can't really power all of them but that is fine for that test. In the next test I added more geothermal generators to keep the mines and pumps going 100% of the time.) Below the pit is an infinite lava source using a nuclear reactor exploit, this part is optional. Inside of all the pumps make sure you have put in empty cells. Inside the miners make sure you use just a normal drill, DO NOT USE A DIAMOND DRILL. (There is a bug and they mine to fast for the pumps to keep up with so the miner will then stop after drilling only once because there is no place to put the lava that it would mine next because the pumps aren't ready.) Then add pipes and your scanner to the miner. You can cut this down and just use one section of Pump-Miner-Pump and power all three by a geothermal generator. Though if you place a geothermal generator next to a pump along with a chest it should supply the generator with lava cells and then overflow into the chest.

All people dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in
    the dusty recesses of their mind, wake in the morning to find
    that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous people,
    for they dream their dreams with open eyes, and make them come true.
    --T.E. Lawrence

• Here is a world save of a working lava miner and everything you would need hope it helps:
    http://forum.industrial-craft.…?page=Thread&threadID=910

I'll try that...because so far my things don't work, even following the picture I just saw

EDIT:
    Okay it works, but I still don't get it why mine isn't working properly. Looks like the miner really has to get deep into the lava to grab it. It went down 4 before it started getting some of the Lava.

EDIT2:
    I think I figured out how the pump works, yet I don't know why you need 2. Oh well, no biggie, it's still kind of a cool tool to have

Click the Banner to get to my channel!

• I'll try that...because so far my things don't work, even following the picture I just saw

EDIT:
    Okay it works, but I still don't get it why mine isn't working properly. Looks like the miner really has to get deep into the lava to grab it. It went down 4 before it started getting some of the Lava.

EDIT2:
    I think I figured out how the pump works, yet I don't know why you need 2. Oh well, no biggie, it's still kind of a cool tool to have

You need 2 because the pump is currently bugged. I assuming but I haven't checked that the miner first checks to see if a pump is ready then it will start mining lava once it is finished mining it gives the lava to the miner to fill up the cell. The pump then has to get ready again and if the miner checks the pump now the miner sees that the pump is not ready. This is why you have to add the second pump so the miner will check the first see that it is not ready but then see that the second pump is ready. The miner then takes its time to mine the lava and by the time it has finished mining the lava the first pump is again ready and it hands the lava off to the first pump and it repeats the process.

All people dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in
    the dusty recesses of their mind, wake in the morning to find
    that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous people,
    for they dream their dreams with open eyes, and make them come true.
    --T.E. Lawrence

• well, my miner was stopped by a buried chest mod, removed the chest and had 13 pipes left. Came back the next morning and surpirsed to find 3 lava cells on the ground around the miner. I had only one pump on the miner and using a diamond drill. I guess it depends on the size of the lava flow/field as to how many pumps and type of drills to use.