[1.4.7] Mekanism v5.2.3 - universal machinery

• Official Post

@above : 1:1 (1J = 1 EU, 1kJ = 1000 EU, pretty op in my opinion)

Oh really, I know exactly what you did...

50EU = 1J is the general conversion Ration of UE. And are your Hydrogen Generators really supposed to break the laws of physics (generating more Energy than you got via Electrolyzing)

Oh, and according to SpwnX Steel Blocks are not interchangeable via OreDict inside your Recipes.

• taking out the fact that (im assuming) your testing. but what could you be doing that would require that many powered furnaces (i think, cant tell due to the light glitch)

• Official Post

Oh really, I know exactly what you did...

50EU = 1J is the general conversion Ration of UE. And are your Hydrogen Generators really supposed to break the laws of physics (generating more Energy than you got via Electrolyzing)

Oh, and according to SpwnX Steel Blocks are not interchangeable via OreDict inside your Recipes.

I think its 50J = 1 EU... =D, the thing is that his energy cubes requires steel blocks, but it only accepts UE ones, which i can't make due GT unification...
    Also if 50:1 gets applied you have to buff heat/biofuel generators as they generate so few Joules, if compared to solar and hydrogen.

• hydrogen.

Yep, that generator is currently VERY, VERY OP. Should I post a screenshot showing how much EU produce a tower built by ... someone, for even not 50 Hydrogen generators ? The fact is, this guy actually got more than 1 UUM/sec with this ...
    Wait, maybe it's just the conversion ratio ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

LOL. Didn't even tried to Download the pictures ^^

Haha, its 32 hydrogen generators producing 32 kJ/t , since its conversion is 1:1 it is heavily overpowered. Apply vanilla UE conversion (50:1) and it will be reduced to just 640 EU/t, not much worth 4 platinum stacks and 9 steel stacks needed for it.

• Been considering playing with this mod but after installing UE Basic Components and Mekanism (without tools) I get broken entity textures (or something like that). After a while Endermen look like floating black microblocks with occasional purple particles. Had the same problem when I had Metallurgy installed (deleted that long ago). Also the biogenerator (and presumably other blocks too) texture looks broken too. Not at my main computer right now, if I can't make myself understandable I can post pictures tomorrow or so. I don't use HD patcher or whatever it's called and problem occurs with or without Optifine. No item/block id conflicts that I can find. Any ideas?

Concerning the mod specifically:

1. Second the sound config option. It can be quite maddening :)
    2. Platinum issue can be addressed by replacing the platinum ingots in the lower tier recipes with "platinum alloys" or something similar. Just make a "cheap" recipe like 4 Redstone+4Gold+Platinum = 8 Platinum Alloy

• Seems that mekanism 5.2.3b2 doesn't like the latest basic components/atomic science versions.

These being the latest ones atm
    AtomicScience_v0.3.8.153
    BasicComponents_v1.2.6.339

And these I know to be working.
    BasicComponents_v1.2.5.337
    AtomicScience_v0.3.6.144

• Been considering playing with this mod but after installing UE Basic Components and Mekanism (without tools) I get broken entity textures (or something like that). After a while Endermen look like floating black microblocks with occasional purple particles. Had the same problem when I had Metallurgy installed (deleted that long ago). Also the biogenerator (and presumably other blocks too) texture looks broken too. Not at my main computer right now, if I can't make myself understandable I can post pictures tomorrow or so. I don't use HD patcher or whatever it's called and problem occurs with or without Optifine. No item/block id conflicts that I can find. Any ideas?

I don't suppose you mean something similar to what the attached pictures show?

ps. second picture has different types of engines from various other mods.

This seems to happen when activly using/around UE related items and once it happends (starts with first image) scrolling thru nei items makes it look different (second image)

I can play for hours without any issue if I'm nowhere near any UE machinery. (aside from 2 pieces of cable that I purposly left in my main base to show if the problem occurs)

I first got the issue when I installed mekhanism and atomic science (no basic components as I forgot it)

• Yeah, they kinda look like that. I uninstalled Minechem and that seems to have done the trick for me - at least for now. After 3-4 hours of play mobs and so on still look okay. Do you have Minechem installed?

@OP how much copper/tin ingots are we supposed to get from one copper/tin dust? After going through an automated chain using Buildcraft from purifier to crusher to enricher to adv. smelting I get 2 per dust. Using the previous version 5.2.3b2 since I can't live with the block duplication. Is that supposed to be like that or has that been fixed in 5.3?

• Yeah, they kinda look like that. I uninstalled Minechem and that seems to have done the trick for me - at least for now. After 3-4 hours of play mobs and so on still look okay. Do you have Minechem installed?

@OP how much copper/tin ingots are we supposed to get from one copper/tin dust? After going through an automated chain using Buildcraft from purifier to crusher to enricher to adv. smelting I get 2 per dust. Using the previous version 5.2.3b2 since I can't live with the block duplication. Is that supposed to be like that or has that been fixed in 5.3?

Haven't tried minechem so that's not it in my case atleast.

• Official Post

The Smelting Factories has multiple Bugs.
    1. The Sound doesnt turn Off until you restart the game (not only unloading the Chunk, you really need to reboot the whole Server in SMP!)
    2. It no longer accepts Upgrades at all, even if there is an ultimate Upgrade in the Slot.
    3. The Factory dupes itself when dropped, but I think you already know about that.

Also your EU->UE ratio is still wrong. I need to avoid any IC²-Wire around a Smelting Factory (powered with Thermal Expansion), and one can still generate exploity amounts of EU using Hydrogen Generators, see SpwnX.

• The Smelting Factories has multiple Bugs.
    1. The Sound doesnt turn Off until you restart the game (not only unloading the Chunk, you really need to reboot the whole Server in SMP!)
    2. It no longer accepts Upgrades at all, even if there is an ultimate Upgrade in the Slot.
    3. The Factory dupes itself when dropped, but I think you already know about that.

Also your EU->UE ratio is still wrong. I need to avoid any IC²-Wire around a Smelting Factory (powered with Thermal Expansion), and one can still generate exploity amounts of EU using Hydrogen Generators, see SpwnX.

Aaah! So many things to fix!

I'm assuming most of you have installed v5.3.1, I'm hoping that solved most of these problems.

• Steel block not forge dictionarized bug still remains =\ , can't craft energy cubes with other mods steel block (and can't craft UE steel block, nor convert one into it).

Thanks, will be fixed in v5.4. Expect a release of this in the next week or so -- I'm heading to San Fran next thursday for a few days, want it to be out by then.