Suggestion: Cable Facades

• They did the same as chickenbones, you can run WRCRE without RP2 as far as i know. Its simple all you do is get permission from whoever and then you have to integrate the code from the other mod into your code which can really mess things up. A lot of these guys have other things in life like a wife/husband, kid/s, job, etc... so they don't have the time and they most likely would any more then what they are already doing because if you do something for too long you tend to get a little mad and you end up not doing your best.

What I was trying to say was that your original argument was invalid because mods like Applied Energistics can add BC features without BC installed. Same thing with Railcraft and Forestry.

• If you guys really want facades for cables and don't mind installing two additional mods, you can try Immibis' Microblocks mod: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1001131-

Bear in mind that Immibis Core goes in the mods folder and Immibis Microblocks go in the COREMODS folder. It'll automatically detect IC2 and add support for it's cables. It works, believe me. If I had screenshots, I would post them here.

Oh, as a note, "immibis-microblocks.cfg" allows you to define what the mod supports (it'll automatically support IC2 cables, BC pipes, Thermal Expansion conduits and liquiducts (I believe), and all of Applied Energistics and the "immibis.cfg" allows you to define the microblocks block ID and the saw's item ID.

Hope I helped.

• Yeah, Immibis' microblocks been mentioned quite a lot of times. Additionally, the microblocks can autodetect blocks to saw.

APasz: Apparently you don't understand. Integrating another mod's feature is really simple nowadays if the mod has an API. All you need is to call the methods needed and include the API afterwards. The only trouble it can cause if the mod's API changes. But I doubt there are any non-prerelease mods out there who have extremely volatile APIs.

• Yeah, Immibis' microblocks been mentioned quite a lot of times. Additionally, the microblocks can autodetect blocks to saw.

APasz: Apparently you don't understand. Integrating another mod's feature is really simple nowadays if the mod has an API. All you need is to call the methods needed and include the API afterwards. The only trouble it can cause if the mod's API changes. But I doubt there are any non-prerelease mods out there who have extremely volatile APIs.

I haven't been keeping up with this thread, just figured I would chime in and try to help.

Speaking of APIs, I was digging through the Applied Energistics wiki a while back and found that AlgorithmX2 uses a Buildcraft API interface called "IFacadeTile" or something to that effect (can't find it anymore). If someone could convince the IC2 devs to use this, then there's one solution. If not, I'm sure an add-on dev could figure something out.

• Official Post

I haven't been keeping up with this thread, just figured I would chime in and try to help.

Speaking of APIs, I was digging through the Applied Energistics wiki a while back and found that AlgorithmX2 uses a Buildcraft API interface called "IFacadeTile" or something to that effect (can't find it anymore). If someone could convince the IC2 devs to use this, then there's one solution. If not, I'm sure an add-on dev could figure something out.

GregoriusT?

• Do you mean IPipeTile?

• Official Post

Sorry, but I try to not rely on any BC-API-Stuff.

I can understand your hate against "BuildCrash", but thats sad anyway.
    GregTech could have microblocks on its own without any dependencies, or it may be a pain to code?
    Maybe a mod fusion with immibis microblocks (which is independant, i believe)

• I can understand your hate against "BuildCrash", but thats sad anyway.
    GregTech could have microblocks on its own without any dependencies, or it may be a pain to code?
    Maybe a mod fusion with immibis microblocks (which is independant, i believe)

If memory serves me right, all GregTech blocks are full-sized, so there is no use for microblocks.

• Official Post

If memory serves me right, all GregTech blocks are full-sized, so there is no use for microblocks.

Not that you can't make its wires slightly smaller than fullblock and add cover compatibility, which include vanilla IC² wires.

• The Cover-Thing is something I have planned in a diffrent Way. Basically I will make my own Metal-Covers, which can be attached to my Machines to make them blend in nicer with Walls (and to block their Inventory/Tank Sides)

So, effectively a different, but liberally similar system to Thermal Expansion's configurable in/outputs?

• Hmm. This might be possible to do as an addon afterall now that I look at the IC2 API. Somebody point me at the instructions for integrating APIs into a mod and we'll see if my noobish skills produce anything.

• Hmm. This might be possible to do as an addon afterall now that I look at the IC2 API. Somebody point me at the instructions for integrating APIs into a mod and we'll see if my noobish skills produce anything.

As far as I have seen, the API needs to be present in a folder in the src folder that was the target of MCP's decompilation so "/src/ic2/api" would be the path on a *nix system.

Basically the steps are:
    1) Successfully decompile Minecraft via MCP
    2) Download the Forge src zip, and follow the instructions that are in a txt file inside the zip
    3) Once done, just drop the "ic2" folder into the "/src" folder
    4) Fire up Eclipse or whatever IDE or text program you typically use

• I am starting to think I was wrong that not having programmed in Java in nearly a decade would hold me back.

My Java skills are fine, I am completely clueless about Eclipse. :evil:

• Eclipse is just a powerful Java IDE that a lot of modders tend to use for said power. You can take a look at the Eclipse website to get a better idea.

• I know what it is, I've used it before. But I usually avoid IDEs altogether, and Java doesn't really allow for that (if its possible, I can't find out how, because every single google result is on how to do X with an IDE).

• I know what it is, I've used it before. But I usually avoid IDEs altogether, and Java doesn't really allow for that (if its possible, I can't find out how, because every single google result is on how to do X with an IDE).

There are some devs that go what I call "hardcore" and use a text editor like Notepad++ that has syntax highlighting, Unfortunately, from what I've seen, the 'middle ground' concept doesn't really apply here.

• Official Post

There are some devs that go what I call "hardcore" and use a text editor like Notepad++ that has syntax highlighting, Unfortunately, from what I've seen, the 'middle ground' concept doesn't really apply here.

Thats what I did long time ago, but without Syntax Highlighting, just regular Notepad, while modding another Game. It was terribly hard to code an acceptable and intelligent AI into these 2D-Creatures, but in the End I just had to push one Button in their Menu to let them do ALL the Economy for me.