Nukes should destroy item entities

• The title says it all; I love nukes, but when I detonate them, thousands of entities are made and it lags my system out. If they had a 100% block item destroy rate (TNT has a partial chance to destroy blocks, so it's possible), it would help them not lag so much.

It would also work to make it a configurable setting. The way they work now makes a 5 minute lag area that is inaccessible to players. If this is intentional, then so be it; I still would like the change.

Thanks for reading, and I hope this is implemented!

• I support this. My system doesn't log as long as I keep it to a couple nukes at a time, but I end up obsessive compulsively picking up every dropped item <_<

• your suggestion to use other mod as good as uninstall ic2 completely to fix nukes.

Why are you always so angry, and hard to understand ? I don't get it ^^. At least, you can make a customized recipie for it, but hey, GregTech is better ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Also nukes should vaporize water to prevent those ugly and often laggy streams

... it already does, IN the explosion radius. You would like the nuke to destroy EVERY WATER SOURCE to avoid lag ? ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

... it already does, IN the explosion radius. You would like the nuke to destroy EVERY WATER SOURCE to avoid lag ? ^^

Well duh, Quantum hyper mega Nuke of ultimate Dehydration.
    Crafted with 4 Quad Plutonium rods, 4 Dragon eggs and a nuke.
    ;3

• Just checked the nukes code and there is actually a field called drop, which if you set it to 0 then it won't drop anything. If the ic2 team doesnt want to add it, then they could at least add the method to the api

• Just checked the nukes code and there is actually a field called drop, which if you set it to 0 then it won't drop anything. If the ic2 team doesnt want to add it, then they could at least add the method to the api

Sounds interesting...

How about another way of implementation:
    Nukes are crafted as they are now, but they produce no items upon detonation.
    Then you can craft an Item Preservation Upgrade, the recipe for a Raw Mass Conservation Upgrade (crafting recipe can be disabled) is:
    :Uranium Ingot: :Energy Crystal: :Uranium Ingot:
    :Advanced Circuit: :Iridium: :Advanced Circuit:
    :Uranium Ingot: :Energy Crystal: :Uranium Ingot:
    (The :Force Field: represents nothing)

After that, it must be charged in an MFE or higher with 200 000 EU to become a Charged Raw Mass Conservation Upgrade
    Finally, the Item Preservation Upgrade is made by canning a C.R.M.C.U. with 3 pieces of UUM (configurable).
    And the radioactive properties of Uranium spontaneously "imprints" the memory of the items onto the Iridium Plate and UUM. Stored Electronic Charge in the Item Preservation Upgrade spontaneously converts them into the items that were dropped.

To upgrade a Nuke, simply right-click a placed nuke with them. When you break the nuke, you get the nuke + upgrades. To remove upgrades, wrench a nuke and you will get back all your I.P.U. (can be configured to % chance) plus your nuke.

Each nuke can be upgraded only 8 times. Each time will increase drop rate of nuke by 10%. When you the nuke successfully blows up, you have a 40% chance to get R.M.C.U.s back.

(Sorry to hijack, but this seems like a great expansion to the nuke not drop blocks idea...)

Alternatively, add a new command:
    /ic2nuke tileDrop false

• Sounds interesting but I probably wouldn't add it unless the API gets a method like doNukeExplosion(double x, double y, double z, DamageSource damagesource, int drop, Float damage, int size, World world)

• Official Post

Perhaps just lower the Drop rate and make the entities dropped last only 1 minute? I Believe BC did something like that for the filler.

• Official Post

Perhaps just lower the Drop rate and make the entities dropped last only 1 minute? I Believe BC did something like that for the filler.

I think it deletes any item entity in its area while it is working.

• Official Post

I think it deletes any item entity in its area while it is working.

What about that config option that makes items dropped by pipes last less longer waitwut