Help about Minecraft 1.5.1

• The update for 1.5.1 came out today, and I was just wondering when there will be an IC2 release for 1.5.1, or even 1.5 in fact. Because I can't find a download for 1.4.7 to get the IC2 to work because I really wanna try this mod. Any help would be appreciated. I'm sorta new to mods, but I know how to install them, etc.

• Okay, so I downloaded it, but it's saying my password is incorrect. I just wanna be able to DL the 1.4.7 version of MC to play this mod that looks legit.

• Official Post

Yes it is, don't worry.

Download it from here : http://forkk.net/MultiMC4/
    Direct link (for windows) http://files.forkk.net/MultiMC/Windows/x86/MultiMC.exe

The thing is that it allows easy installation of mods and multiple instances of Minecraft.
    When creating a new instance you can choose which version of Minecraft you want, your case MC 1.4.7.

• Official Post

Okay, I've got it to work. How do I mod the .jar file via MultiMC for 1.4.7? Quick few tips would be good, if you don't mind. :)

First place ALL mods you want (including dependencies like forge) in the central mods folder (click the icon that is a folder with a star to open it)
    Second, make a new instance with the version you want (you probably have made one already), then select it, click edit mods, add all mods you want one by one in their respective areas (jar, coremods,mods).
    Once done, click play and input your username and password.

• You can download minecraft.jar (and minecraft_server.exe and jar) from minecraft.net, for all versions after MC 1.0.0

Alternatively get MCNostalgia.

• Official Post

You can download minecraft.jar (and minecraft_server.exe and jar) from minecraft.net, for all versions after MC 1.0.0

Alternatively get MCNostalgia.

Or MultiMC which is even better and has MCNostalgia included in it.

• Official Post

Or MultiMC which is even better and has MCNostalgia included in it.

MultiMC is so freaking handy, only problem is i have no idea how to change to the new layout, i updated it and it changed to the old ugly one.

• The later builds at http://ic2api.player.to:8080/job/IC2_lf/ work with 1.5.1, expect plenty of breakage though.

I apologise if this is not the right place to post this, but I am getting the following error with forge #608 and IC2 build 115.260 & 115.263 (the newest ones). Is this my fault, or one of the problems you mentioned?

• Something else I noticed: in a newly generated world, IC2 works, but on maps containing "IC2 data", it just crashes. Could it be that there is something missing in the .jar, that's needed to load the IC2 stuff one already has in the world correctly?
    I would be happy if someone could help.

• And that's why I dont have matrix based Render Code.

As much as I despise GregTech, this is one of three things you have done right with it.

Now for 1.5.1: I managed to upgrade a world from 1.4 by simply removing every adjacent block aka making machines float and removing half of the cables.
    Note: This was a test, no large scale world. This might only work for a limited number.

I recommend you simply grab all your IC2 stuff and place it back down 1.5 or simply start over.

Intel i7 990X @ 4,60 GHZ, Asus Rampage III Black Edition, 24GB Corsair Dominator GT DDR3,
    2x Zotac Nvidia Geforce 580AMP 1,5gb, OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240GB 1GBps,
    1TB Western Digital Cavier Black, 2x Hitachi HDS723030BLE640 3TB, 3x BenQ XL2410T LCD-Monitors

Hosting Minecraft Servers on an Octo Core 32GB Ram Server: http://two66.com/
    Free Space available! If you need a Server let me know!

• Now for 1.5.1: I managed to upgrade a world from 1.4 by simply removing every adjacent block aka making machines float and removing half of the cables.
    Note: This was a test, no large scale world. This might only work for a limited number.

I recommend you simply grab all your IC2 stuff and place it back down 1.5 or simply start over.

I removed all the IC2 stuff from my world, updated to 1.5.1 and re-added things with NEI. Only things I can't get back are the seed bags with good Gr/Ga/Re-Values, but I can live with that.