won"t work on mac?

• i have MC 1.4.6 and forge 4.6.12.511 and ic2 1.111 . I understand that the most recent version is for 1.4.5 but i am more so reporting previous problems. when I was using the proper versions I have tried several times to install IC2 on every update tripple checking the versons to make sure they are compatible. I install forge then start to make sure it works and then put IC2 jar into mods AS IS and have not been able to get past the mojang screen since. I have had little to no problems installing it onto my PC but have never had it running on my mac. I also no longer have a PC. This was all done each time with a vanilla jar. I use a variety of mods that I never have a problem with.

i tried posting the error log but it was 10 or 100 times too long

I don't know if you know this but macs have no program like winzip I have to turn minecraft.jar into a zip then a regular folder and then rename it with a .jar (thing) which does the JAR's purpose but is now in an editable form i just toss files into it like a regular folder (in my opinion this is easier than winzip). I could turn it into a regular jar file again, would that fix it?

thanks for any help, this is a great mod

edit: i meant that i had forge i did not mean to say mod loader, i dont use mod loader

• Three errors with installation:

• Conflicting Minecraft versions. Mods for 1.4.5 are not compatible with 1.4.6. However, mods for 1.4.6 are compatible with 1.4.7 (and vice versa).
      a) The most officially stable version of IC² is v1.111, for MC 1.4.4 - 1.4.5.
      b) The latest semi-stable version of IC² is v1.115.231, for MC 1.4.6 - 1.4.7. (It is in the link Crafter has given)
      c) The latest developer snapshot version of IC² is v1.115.268 , for either MC 1.5 or 1.5.1 (One of those, I don't know which one.)
    • Use Minecraft Forge , not ModLoader. ForgeModLoader and Forge has the functions of ModLoaderMP since 1.2.5, and ModLoader and AudioMod since 1.3.2. What this means is that you no longer need to install ModLoader, MLMP or AudioMod with Minecraft Forge since 1.3.2 as all ModLoader, ModLoaderMP and AudioMod mods are compatible with Minecraft Forge. You also do not need to install ForgeModLoader as MCForge includes ForgeModLoader. Forge version 6.6.2.533+ should work.
    • No error log. It is ForgeModLoader-0.log. As Crafter has mentioned, pastebin it.
  • when installing mods on a mac, then DON'T delete the Meta folder in the minecraft.jar like you do on a PC, delete only the files containing the name "mojang" inside the meta folder. Hope it helps.

I can confirm it working with 1.3 up until 1.4.7.

And use BetterZip for mac. The other stuff is just problems waiting to happen. I can confirm that renaming the jar to zip and extracting it will almost always mess up your jar.

If you want to post error logs use patebin.com and copy the link instead

• Official Post

java work on MAC just like it work on any other supported OS, there is nothing special about java on mac.

Sorry but that is wrong. Apple has its own Version of Java, it may look like that they are the same, but Apple has changed quite a few things which can break larger Java Programs like Minecraft quite easyly.

• Sorry but that is wrong. Apple has its own Version of Java, it may look like that they are the same, but Apple has changed quite a few things which can break larger Java Programs like Minecraft quite easyly.

Is this still the case with Java 7? I thought they gave up on the Apple Java with Java 6. Mountain Lion doesn't even support the Apple versions of Java and want's you to download from Oracle. But you could be right