[addon v1.10] IC2 Magic Gems [MC1.4.7] [Rebooted and Rebalanced]

• It was me =D , your addon has a bridge between magic and tech i've missed.

Not that GT doesn't have it, but it is too... weak.

haha well thank you... my server runs customnpc's too and i have a banking/currency system based on coins and a trading mechanism but there isnt really much to trade with practical value which is another reason i made the gems as opposed to any other item! its the little bridges that really help complete the feel of a game.

• Infinite 512 EU/t is an absurd amount of EU, (think about how unbalancing even 32 EU/t LV solars are compared to other generators).

Mind you, I don't think infinite EU from the gem is bad, just clamp the output down to 24-32 EU/t (and make it even rarer than iridium ore).

• Infinite 512 EU/t is an absurd amount of EU, (think about how unbalancing even 32 EU/t LV solars are compared to other generators).

Mind you, I don't think infinite EU from the gem is bad, just clamp the output down to 24-32 EU/t (and make it even rarer than iridium ore).

the point of having the inifinte gems is that there are only ever 7 of them... and you have to work fricking hard to get them. and even when you have them you would never keep them in a generator because people would rob you blind for them so i dont think its really that unbalancing.

I bet he is overhauling the addon to balance everything.

i started from a fresh MCP and forge installation and have started right from ground up. everything is completely recoded.

also, because nether stars are rare and most of the gems are essentially just batteries, most of the gems need to be crafted with a ghast tear which is easier to get until Onyx that will hold 50,000 EU from onyx up needs a nether star (except the chaos emeralds) that have to be crafted completely differently. i think in a genuine survival server, people would really have to think about whether they want to make an attempt on crafting one of these XD

i am considering keeping the plasmarite gem in with no world gen or crafting options. as a debug tool... infinite power with transfer rate of 100000eu/t into an mfsu... but i think someone else is working on a debug tool in another project so do you guys think its worth me keeping it as a debug item?

• Official Post

i am considering keeping the plasmarite gem in with no world gen or crafting options. as a debug tool... infinite power with transfer rate of 100000eu/t into an mfsu... but i think someone else is working on a debug tool in another project so do you guys think its worth me keeping it as a debug item?

Not worth. There are several "debug tools" already.
    GT debug scanner, Gravisuit quantum generator, Adv. Power management Adjustable Emitter...

Keep plasmarite as a very rare gem which doesn't need anything but itself to generate some power (15-45 Eu/t)

• Not worth. There are several "debug tools" already.
    GT debug scanner, Gravisuit quantum generator, Adv. Power management Adjustable Emitter...

Keep plasmarite as a very rare gem which doesn't need anything but itself to generate some power (15-45 Eu/t)

fair point :)

• Hey all I am at the last hurdle finally. This should be ready real soon now and then i will look at getting it 1.5.1 worthy ready for a stable(ish) release of IC2 for MC1.5.1, not too keen on spending time working on it for one of the jenkins builds, rather wait for a full stable release.

Now, I have encountered a problem (the last hurdle) (spoiler ahead)

basically to make the chaos emerald (and the Master Emerald) you have to craft a device using a dragon egg and some other bits :P and then when you trigger it with redstone it explodes (dealing no block damage just knocks you back a bit...) and should drop 1 of each 7 dusts used to craft the chaos emeralds... the problem is it seems to be dropping 2 of each dust???

this is my code:

I know its a little messy... sorry... but why is this dropping 2 when i set it to 1?? we wouldnt want 2 sets of chaos emeralds now would we?

• Excited for the new update! But your device makes all of the dust needed for each of the emeralds from one usage? Seems a bit OP but I will have to see how it works in practice. Granted its hard to make more of them with one Dragon Egg, but I guess it depends on the other materials required and what the materials are for getting the dust to emerald form.

Glad you are still writing for 1.4.7 for now. I just got an install finished with all the mods I wanted. Will certainly wait for this one before I start playing in my new server. Might be playing with some CC Peripherals to get Sonic music and sounds working.

These will look great in a display case in my floating castle I plan to build after getting set up in industry. Obviously this will be the reason it is floating :P

Error 404: Signature not found!

• Excited for the new update! But your device makes all of the dust needed for each of the emeralds from one usage? Seems a bit OP but I will have to see how it works in practice. Granted its hard to make more of them with one Dragon Egg, but I guess it depends on the other materials required and what the materials are for getting the dust to emerald form.

Glad you are still writing for 1.4.7 for now. I just got an install finished with all the mods I wanted. Will certainly wait for this one before I start playing in my new server. Might be playing with some CC Peripherals to get Sonic music and sounds working.

These will look great in a display case in my floating castle I plan to build after getting set up in industry. Obviously this will be the reason it is floating :P

yeah it does make it all with one usage but i have nerfed the chaos emeralds totally to 50EU/t but still infinite.... BUT i have added a twist... when the device drops the dusts you can craft them into the chaos emeralds using nether stars ghast tears and blaze rods BUT if you dont do that from the powders you can make the master emerald using ALL of the dusts for 1 gem which is infinite and outputs at 512EU/t but there is only ever 1... so although having an infinite 512eu/t source is quite OP, the work and items that go into it and the fact that you will only ever have one keeps it a little controlled, after all you cant run a whole base off 1 512eu/t source... plus it has a great application: a friend of mine on my server built a secret underwater base using IC2 water mills connected to a single MFSU powering all his Uinversal Eelectricty turrets and forcefields (MFFS) i happened to stumple upon it the other week if i put the Master emerald in the "charge" slot it should discharge his mfsu and knock out his base defenses XD... am uploading the mod now so check out the OP in about 20 minutes for the updated link and details XD

• Official Post

Gravisuit quantum generator

ADVANCED SOLARS!!!! ARGHH!!!

• First, you should fix your OP.
    Change letters to white and fix spoilers.

you know what? thats weird with the spoilers... i DEFINITELY only put one set in... and will changed my font colour now...

EDIT: really strange i only had the 2 single spoilers i deleted them and re-added them and it fixed it GLITCH MUCH?

• Official Post

Tested your gems a bit and here is my opinion :
    Chaos emeralds are fine the way they are, except that you can't make the master emerald once you make one chaos emerald separated.
    Your blocks and items are using IDS that are very close to vanilla, which is not good. Switch to Forge 4096 block IDs fix and make items IDs at 10000 range.
    I couldn't find the "mystical generator" to extract energy from mystic gems. Mystic gems are useless at the moment.
    I've said this before but here it is again, remove gems ability to store energy. It is pointless as there are many other cheaper ways to store energy and gems with energy storage makes them (usually) unstackable which is bad.
    On later versions you could mess up with stronghold/end generation code and try to make raw chaos emeralds generate there instead of using the egg as there are ways to duplicate the egg. Also by permanently using the egg it removes the utility of a GT generator (dragon egg siphon).
    Master emerald should be the one that is obtained by defeating the enderdragon (aka when dragon is defeated it generates the altar AND a raw Master emerald beside it).

• Official Post

Are you just running IC2 and this? Becuase ik Omnitools was missing the lexicon due to the id being taken up by GT's Hydrogen and Niether were crashing with an error.